Current Affairs 27th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari approved Draft GSR notification to introduce Bharat NCAP
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has approved the Draft GSR (General Statutory Rules) Notification to introduce Bharat NCAP (New Car Assessment Program).
- According to this draft, automobiles in India shall be accorded Star Ratings based upon their performance in Crash Tests.
- The testing protocol of Bharat NCAP shall be aligned with Global Crash Test Protocols factoring in the existing Indian regulations, allowing OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to get their vehicles tested at India’s own in-house testing facilities.
Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan completed two years
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA), a scheme for migrant workers who were affected during COVID-19 has completed two years.
- Government of India launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) on 20th June in 2020 for a period of 125 days with a resource envelope of 50,000 crore rupees to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for returnee migrant workers in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Objective – To provide immediate employment and livelihood opportunities to the distressed, to saturate the villages with public infrastructure and to create public assets to boost the income generation activities. It enhances long term livelihood opportunities by giving focus on 25 works in 116 selected districts across 6 states Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- A total of 12 Ministries and Departments of Government of India participated in the Abhiyaan. A total of 50.78 crore person-days employment was generated during the Abhiyaan.
- The Ministry of Rural Development is the nodal Ministry and is implemented in close coordination with the State Governments.
Goa celebrated Sao Joao festival
- The people of Goa celebrated the Sao Joao festival, the feast of St John the Baptist with traditional enthusiasm after a two-year coronavirus-induced gap.
- The festival is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, who baptised Lord Jesus on the river of Jordan and is celebrated at the onset of monsoon. Siolim, a village in North Goa, hosts a traditional canoe parade on the occasion of Sao Joao.
- A large number of people participated in the boat parade in Siolim village of Goa’s Bardez taluka, marking the beginning of revelry in Sao Joao festival.
- The festival sees revelers plunging into water bodies in the morning to commemorate the day in the name of St John De Baptista who was believed to have baptised Jesus Christ.
- Jyotiramaya Festival – New Delhi
- Baikho Festival – Assam
- Mango Festival – Brussels, Belgium
- Sital Sasthi Festival – Odisha
- 4th Edition Shirui Lily Festival 2022- Manipur
- Lavendar Festival – Jammu and Kashmir
- India’s biggest drone Festival – New Delhi
- Sarhul Festival – Jharkhand
- Gangaur Festival – Rajasthan
- Ishan Manthan Festival – New Delhi
- Bharat Bhagya Vidhata Festival – Red Fort in Delhi
- Herath Festival – Jammu and Kashmir
Ambubachi Mela ended at Assam’s Kamakhya temple
- The annual Ambubachi Mela 2022 has ended at Assam’s Kamakhya temple.
- This is the most important religious event of the temple and is also a significant part of the state’s tourism calendar witnessing a footfall of around 25 lakh each year during the festival. The doors of the temple remain closed for four days in association with the belief in a fertility cult. It is believed that during this time Goddess Kamakhya receives her annual menstrual cycle.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister – Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
Global Liveability Index 2022: New Delhi Ranks 112 & Mumbai Ranks 117; Vienna topped
- According to the Economic Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) ‘The Global Liveability Index 2022’, which examined 173 cities worldwide. The report is made keeping in mind political and social stability, crime, education and health among other factors.
- Austrian capital Vienna has once again topped the list of most liveable cities in the world in the list of 140 cities. Earlier, New Zealand’s capital Auckland had snatched the top place from Vienna in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
- India’s national capital New Delhi has been ranked 112th in the list of most liveable cities. While India’s financial capital Mumbai is ranked at 117th position.
- Six of the top ten cities were located in The Austrian capital was followed by the Danish capital Copenhagen and Switzerland’s Zurich. Swiss city Geneva came sixth, Germany’s Frankfurt seventh, and the Netherlands’ Amsterdam ninth. Japan’s Osaka and Australia’s Melbourne shared the 10th place.
- War ravaged Syrian capital Damascus retained its place as the least liveable city on the planet. The Pakistani city of Karachi and Bangladesh capital Dhaka are among the least liveable cities in the world.
- Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, has not made it to the list after Russia invaded the country.
- Global Environmental Performance Index 2022: 180th; Denmark topped
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2022: 37th; Denmark topped
- Coursera Global Skill Report 2022: 68th; Switzerland topped
- Ookla Speedtest Global Index 2022: 115th; Norway and Singapore topped
- World Gold Council Report 2021 (Global gold recycling): 4th; China topped
Banking and Financial
Nainital Bank and BOB Financial launched co-branded contactless RuPay credit card
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda and Nainital Bank, announced the launch of Nainital bank- BoB co-branded Contactless RuPay Credit Card.
- The card, being launched in the centenary year of Nainital Bank, is designed to reward customers for everyday spend categories like grocery and departmental stores.
Appointment and Resignation
Shyam Saran appointed as President of India International Centre
- Former Foreign Secretary and Prime Minister Special Envoy for Nuclear Affairs and Climate Change Shyam Sharan has been appointed as the President of the India International Centre.
- He succeeded NN Vohra.
- The India International Centre (IIC) is a non-official organisation situated in New Delhi.
- National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) – R Kavita Rao
- Border Security Force (BSF)-Pankaj Kumar Singh
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security Office (BCAS) -ZulfiquarHasan
- Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) – Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- Directors General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) -KuldiepSingh
- Directors General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) – S L Thaosen
- Directors General of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) -VS Pathania
- Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog–SumanK Bery
- Chairman of UPSC –Manoj Soni
- CMD Of NSIC –P Udayakumar
- Chairman of an Advisory Panel formed by CoA – RanjitBajaj
- Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB) – TapanKumar Deka
IRS Officer Nitin Gupta appointed as the new chairman of CBDT
- The government has appointed Nitin Gupta as Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Gupta, an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the 1986 batch of the Income Tax cadre, is serving as the Member (investigation) in the Board.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
- Founded – 1963
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Nitin Gupta
- Minister responsible – Ministry of Finance
Vijay Amitraj honoured with Golden Achievement Award
- India’s Vijay Amitraj has been named the 2021 recipient of the Golden Achievement Award.
- The Golden Achievement Award is presented annually by the International Tennis Hall of Fame and International Tennis Federation.
- The Award is given to a person who has made important contributions internationally to tennis in many different fields and has devoted long service to the sport.
Government of India hosted its first ever National Logistics Excellence Awards in New Delhi
- First National Logistics Excellence Awards was hosted by Government of India in New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Piyush Goyal along with the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Shri Som Parkash Sharma gave away the awards in 12 categories.
- The National Logistics Excellence Awards aim to acknowledge the many logistics service providers in the country that have been able to display innovation, diversity and efficiency.
- With 169 entries and 12 categories awards in first edition, the Ministry of Commerce and Industries undertook year-long process of identifying categorising, and selecting qualified applications.
- National Logistics Excellence Awards 2021 – List of Winners
- Best Cargo Airline & Terminal Operator – FedEx Express Transportation and Supply Chain Services (India) Pvt. Limited
- Best Road Freight Service Provider – DHL Supply Chain India Pvt. Limited
- Best Rail Freight Service Provider – Adani Logistics Limited
- Best Shipping & NVOCC service Provider – Maersk India Pvt. Limited
- Best Port Service Provider – DP World
- Best Warehouse service provider – Transport Corporation of India Limited (Through TCI Supply Chain Solutions)
- Best Cold Chain/Refrigerated service provider – Transport Corporation of India Limited (Through TCI Supply Chain Solutions)
- Best Express Logistics Service Provider – Safexpress Pvt. Limited
- Best Logistics infrastructure and service provider – Adani Logistics Limited
- Best Freight Forwarders – Kuehne + Nagel Pvt. Limited
- Best Customs House Agent/Customs broker – International Clearing & Shipping Agency (India) Pvt. Limited
- Industry Excellence Award – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Bharat Electronics signed an MoU with Belarusian Company for supply of Airborne Defence Suite (ADS)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) signed an MoU with a Belarusian Company and its subsidiary for supply of Airborne Defence Suite (ADS) for helicopters of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- It would be supported by DI with transfer of technology for supply of advanced electronic warfare suite for helicopters under ‘ Make in India’ category.
- The MoU is aimed at cooperation between the three companies for supply of ADS for IAF helicopters.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Founded – 1954
- Headquarters- Bengaluru
- Chairman & Managing Director – Anandi Ramalingam
- Executive Director – Vinay Kumar Katyal
Defence Ministry approved setting up of ‘BRO Cafes’ on 75 border roads
- Ministry of Defence has approved setting up of wayside amenities under the brand of ‘BRO Cafes’ at 75 locations on different sections of roads with Border Roads Organisation across 12 states and Union territories.
- These are intended to provide basic amenities and comfort to tourists and lead to boosting of economic activities in border areas.
- The scheme provides for development and operation of wayside amenities in public-private partnership mode with agencies, on a licence basis, which will design, build and operate the facility as per guidelines of BRO.
- Amenities like parking for two and four wheelers, food plaza, restaurant, and separate rest rooms for men, women and differently-abled, first-aid facilities, MI rooms, etc. are proposed to be provided.
About Border Roads Organization (BRO)
- Founded – 7 May 1960
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Director General – Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
Madhya Pradesh clinched the first-ever Ranji Trophy title against Mumbai
- Madhya Pradesh defeated Mumbai by six wickets to win their first-ever Ranji Trophy title at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Madhya Pradesh chased down 108 in the fourth innings for the fall down of 4 wickets to lift the coveted trophy.
- Mumbai with 41 titles, holds the record of winning the most number of Ranji Trophy titles. Mumbai last won the title in 2015-16.
- MP Coach Chandrakant Pandit lost the 1999 Ranji Trophy Final at Chhinaswamy Stadium as a captain of MP team. And now after 23 years, he has won the trophy at the same Chhinaswamy stadium but as coach.
- Madhya Pradesh Team Captain – Aditya Shrivastava
- Mumbai Team Captain – Surya Kumar Yadav
26 June – International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- The International Day in Support of Victims of Torture annually observed on 26 June. The UN General Assembly had first observed the day in 1998.
- Objective – To raise awareness about those who undergo torture and how it impacts their lives.
27 June – MSME Day
- The MSME day annually observed on 27 June. The Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSME) Day was marked by the United Nations General Assembly in its 74th Plenary on April 6 2017.
- Objective – to raise awareness of the tremendous contributions of micro-, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- MSME or Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises are crucial for the growth of a country as they form the backbone of the economy.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs