Current Affairs 28, 29 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Maharashtra govt launches Mission Vatsalya for women lost their husbands to COVID-19
- Maharashtra government launched a special mission called “Mission Vatsalya” in order to help women who lost their husbands to COVID-19. Mission Vatsalya will provide several services and some 18 benefits under one roof to those women.
- It been designed for widows, with special focus on widows coming from rural areas, poor backgrounds and deprived sections. Under this mission, schemes like Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana and Gharkul Yojana will benefit those for women.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
International (Current Affairs)
India & Maldives inks pact on mega Greater Male Connectivity Project
- The Government of India and Maldives inked the contract for the mega Greater Male Connectivity project (GMCP). The Greater Male Connectivity project (GMCP) is the largest-ever civilian infrastructure project in the Maldives.
- The Government of India is funding the implementation of GMCP through a USD 400 million Line of Credit (LoC) and USD 100 million grant. The USD 400 million LoC will be provided by the Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank).
- The Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) comprise of 6.74 km long bridge and causeway link that will connect the national capital Male with three neighbouring islands namely: Villingili, Gulhifahu and Thilafushi. The project will be developed by Indian construction and engineering firm, AFCONS, based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Banking & Financial
RBI extends card payment tokenisation facility to laptops, wearable devices
- In 2019, RBI had permitted authorized card payment networks to offer card tokenisation services to any token requestor (i.e., third-party app provider) through mobile phones and tablets.
- Now RBI has extended the scope of tokenization to include consumer devices – laptops, desktops, wearables (wristwatches, bands, etc.), Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
- The permission for tokenization extends to various channels [e.g., Near Field Communication (NFC) / Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) based contactless transactions, in-app payments, QR code-based payments, etc.] or token storage mechanisms (cloud, secure element, trusted execution environment, etc.
RBI includes PM SVANidhi Scheme beneficiaries under PIDF Scheme
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced to include street vendors of tier-1 and tier-2 centres, identified as part of the PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi Scheme) as beneficiaries under the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) Scheme.
- Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) Scheme was launched by RBI to encourage deployment of Points of Sale (PoS) infrastructure (both physical and digital modes) in tier-3 to tier-6 centres and northeastern states.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
- Executive director (ED): Ajay Kumar
EASE Reforms Index Award 2021
Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the EASE 3.0 Awards. State Bank of India is the Overall winner of the EASE Reforms Index Award 2021 (EASE 3.0 Awards).
- Smart Lending for Aspiring India: Bank of Baroda
- Tech-enabled ease of Banking: SBI
- Institutionalised Prudent Banking: Bank of Baroda
- Governance and Outcome centric HR: Union Bank of India
- Deepening FI and Customer Protection: Union Bank of India
Mansukh Mandaviya appointed Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mansukh Mandaviya has taken over charge as the Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board.
- He has replaced Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan as the chairman. India aims to end TB by 2025 while the UN aims to end TB by 2030.
Tokyo Paralympics: India’s Bhavnaben Patel won silver, loses in final
- Indian table tennis player Bhavinaben Patel signed off with a historic silver medal at her first Paralymic Games after losing 0-3 to world number one Chinese paddler Ying Zhou in the women’s singles category 4 final in Tokyo on 29th August.
- In the quarterfinals on 27th August, Patel sealed medals and script history by defeating 2016 Rio Paralympic gold medalist and world number two Borislava Peri Rankovi of Serbia.
Tokyo Paralympics 2021: Nishad Kumar won silver medal in high jump
- High jumper Nishad Kumar has won silver medal in Paralympics 2020. He came up with the best attempt of 2.06m to win the medal. He also created the Asian record with his best jump in the final.
- USA’s Roderick Townsend came in first with a world record jump of 2.15m, which is also his personal best at the event. India’s Ram Pal came in fifth.
29 August: National Sports Day
- On August 29, the nation is remembering legendary Olympian and, arguably the greatest Hockey player of all time, Major Dhyan Chand, on what is his 116th birth anniversary. As a tribute to Dhyan Chand, his birthday is commemorated as National Sports Day.
- Major Dhyan Chand was a legendary figure in Indian and world hockey. He played a very significant role in helping India complete their first hat-trick of Olympic gold medals with victories at the 1928, 1932 and 1936 Summer Olympics.
29 August: International Day Against Nuclear Tests
- The Republic of Kazakhstan along with other sponsors and cosponsors initiated the resolution to commemorate the closure of the Semipalatinsk Nuclear Test site on August 29, 1991. The 2010 marked the inaugural commemoration of the International Day against Nuclear Tests.
- After the establishment of this resolution, many internationals and inter-governmental pacts have been signed to effect the ban on nuclear tests.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|