Daily GK Update 28th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 28 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Jio Platforms, Byju’s in Time Magazine’s first-ever list of 100 most influential companies
- Two Indian firms, Reliance Industries’ technology arm Jio Platforms and e-learning startup Byju’s have figured in the Time Magazine’s first-ever list of 100 most influential companies.
- On its website, Time said companies shaping the future are at the heart of the first ever TIME100 Most Influential Companies.
International (Current Affairs)
Chandler Good Government Index: India Rank 49th, Finland tops
- The Chandler Good Governance Index is released by the Chandler Institute of Governance headquartered in Singapore.
- The index is prepared based on seven pillars namely leadership and foresight, strong institutions, robust laws and policies, attractive market place, financial stewardship, helping people rise, global influence and reputation.
- India ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Governance Index out of 104 countries.
- Rank 1: Finland
- Rank 2: Switzerland
- Rank 3: Singapore
- Rank 4: Netherlands
- Rank 5: Demark
Banking & Financial
ADB revised India’s GDP to grow at 11% this fY22 from 8%
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on revised upwards India’s GDP growth in 2021-22 to 11% from 8% earlier, led by continued economic recovery boosted by increased public investment, vaccine rollout, and a surge in domestic demand but warned that failure to control the resurgence of Covid-19 cases poses a downside risk to the recovery.
- It also expects economic growth to moderate to 7% in FY23 as base effects disappear.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
- S&P Global Ratings-11%
- HSBC: 11.2%
- Care Rating– 10.2%
Shivalik Small Finance Bank Limited Begins Operations
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank Limited has commenced operations as a small finance bank with effect from April 26, 2021.The Reserve Bank has issued a licence to the bank under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry on the business of small finance bank in India.
- It must be remembered that the Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB) is the first urban co-operative bank (UCB) in India to receive licence from RBI to operate as a Small Finance Bank (SFB).
Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja becomes ASICS brand ambassador
- Japanies Sportswear brand ASICS on 27th April announced that it has appointed Ravindra Jadeja, the all-rounder of the Indian cricket team and Chennai Super Kings as its brand ambassador.
- The company, which focuses on sporting gear for the running category. ASICS has been working with young and fresh athletic talent across various genres of sports. In India, ASICS is promoted by actor Tiger Shroff.
- In Asia, ASICS currently has over 55 stores across India, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- NeoGrowth: Ajinkya Rahane
- Digit Insurance: Virat Kohli
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
- TECNO: Ayushmann Khurrana
- PUMA: Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
Government appoints Economic Affairs Secretary Ajay Seth on RBI board
- “The Central Government has nominated Ajay Seth, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India as a Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India vice Tarun Bajaj.
- The nomination of Seth is effective from April 24, 2021, and until further orders.
- In addition to the Economic Affairs Secretary, the other government nominee director on the central board is Financial Services Secretary Debasish Panda.
Centre Appoints Justice Rajesh Bindal As Acting CJ Of Calcutta High Court
- The Centre has appointed Justice Rajesh Bindal, senior-most Judge of the Calcutta High Court, as the Acting Chief Justice of that High Court. He will succeed Chief Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan, who is set to retire on 29th April, 2021.
- He was elevated as a Judge of the Punjab & Haryana High Court on March 22, 2006.
Note: List of Chief Justice of HC
- S. Muralidhar– Orissa
- HimaKohli– Telangana
- Sanjib Banerjee– Madras
- Pankaj Mithal- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- Raghvendra Singh Chauhan– Uttarakhand.
- Jitendra Kumar Maheshwari-Sikkim.
- Mohammad Rafiq-Madhya Pradesh.
- Arup Kumar Goswami-Andhra Pradesh.
- Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar-Manipur
DRDO successfully test Python 5 Air to Air Missile
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation recently test fired a series of missile trials. It included the Derby missiles and the Python missiles. The missiles were test fired in Goa and achieved 100% hits.
- With this the DRDO announced that the Python 5 Air to Air Missile has been successfully added to the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas. It is beyond visual range missile. The Beyond Visual Range missiles are those missiles that are capable of engaging at ranges beyond 37 km.
Note: About Python missile
- It is the fifth generation Python missile.
- It is an air to air missile built by the Israeli weapon manufacturer Rafael Advanced Defence Systems.
- The Israeli Government began manufacturing missiles in the name of “Shafir”. Later as it started exporting missiles it selected a western name “Python” or “Derby”.
India was world’s 3rd-biggest military spender in 2020, behind US and China
- India was the world’s third-biggest military spender in 2020, exceeded only by the US and China, reports the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- “The five biggest spenders in 2020, which together accounted for 62 per cent of global military expenditure, were the United States, China, India, Russia and the United Kingdom.”
- US-$778 billion
- China: $252 billion
- India: $72.9 billion.
28 April: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed globally on 28 April every year. This day is observed to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally and raise awareness to ensure health and safety at the workplace.
- Theme 2021: “Anticipate, prepare and respond to crises – Invest Now in Resilient Occupational Safety and Health Systems”.
28 April: Workers’ Memorial Day
- The Workers’ Memorial Day, also known as International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers occurs every year on 28 April. The day has been organized worldwide by the International Trade Union Confederation since 1996.
- Theme 2021: ‘Health and Safety is a fundamental workers‘ right.’
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|