Current Affairs 28th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s 1st Amrit Sarovar established in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
- India’s first ‘Amrit Sarovar’ has been completed at Rampur’s Gram Panchayat Patwai, by the efforts of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s government in Uttar Pradesh.
- As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav,75 water bodies will be developed and regenerated as part of the Amrit Sarovar initiative.
- In just a few weeks, a pond in Rampur was cleaned and revived. This pond has now become a major tourist attraction in the rural area. In Rampur, 75 pondswere chosen to be developed as Amrit Sarovar.
- The construction on the pond in village panchayat Patwaiof development block Shahbad was finished out of the selected ponds. Work on the pond in Gram Panchayat Singan Kheda with the largest area (1.67 hectare) has also begun.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Himachal Pradesh govt signed MoU with NHLML for development of seven ropeway projects
- Himachal Pradesh government has signed an MoU for the development of seven ropeway projects in Kangra, Kullu, Chamba, Sirmour and Bilaspur districts.
- The MoU was signed between Ropeways and Rapid Transport System Development Corporation (RTDC) HP Limited and National Highways Logistic Management Limited (NHLML).
- The MoU was signed in the presence of road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari and chief minister Jai Ram Thakur in New Delhi.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Agra became the 1st city in India to get vacuum-based sewer system
- Agra, Uttar Pradesh has become the first city in India to have vacuum-based sewers. These vacuums will be used in public places.
- The corporation has connected vacuums to 240 such houses near the Taj Mahal where conventional sewer systems cannot be used.
- The estimated cost for the work of sewer connectionis Rs 100 crore. Presently, this technology is being used in low-lying areas. The Maintenance and complete care will be done by the Netherlands company for up to five years.
Samba became 1st district in India to cover 100% households under ABPMJAY- SEHAT scheme
- Samba district of Jammu division has become the first district in India to cover 100% of households under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (ABPMJAY)-SEHAT scheme.
- Samba district has a total of 62,641 families with 3,04,510 people eligible for ABPM-JAY SEHAT golden cards. This scheme is the world’s largest health insurance scheme, fully financed by Government.
- Under this scheme, the people with Ayushman Bharat Golden Card get free treatment up to Rs. 5 lakhs in all government and empanelled private hospitals across India.
Cabinet approves 540 MW Kwar Hydroelectric project in Kishtwar, Jammu & Kashmir
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)has approved the construction of the 540-Megawatt Kwar Hydro Electric project located on river Chenab in Kishtwar district, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The committee was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The project will be implemented by Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited which is a joint venture company between NHPC and JKSPDC.
- The committee has approved an investment of over 4,526.12 crore rupees for this project.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019
- Capital: Jammu (winter), Srinagar (summer)
Banking and Financial
Reliance Industries Ltd became 1st Indian company to hit Rs 19 lakh m-cap
- Reliance Industries Limited has become the first Indian company to hit the Rs 19 lakh crore market valuation mark in intra-day trade.
- The market heavyweight stock jumped 1.85 per cent to its record high of Rs 2,827.10 during the day on the BSE. It finally settled flat at Rs 2,777.90, up 0.08 per cent.
- In March this year, the company’s market valuation had gone past Rs 18 lakh crore.Last year on October 13, the company’s market valuation went past Rs 17 lakh crore mark.
- Following the gain in the share price, the company’s market valuation jumped to Rs 19,12,814 crorein morning trade on the BSE. At the close of trade, the market valuation was at Rs 18,79,237.38 crore.
About Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL):
- Founded: 8 May 1973
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: Mukesh Ambani
FinMapp partnered Bajaj Finance to offer fixed deposit feature
- Fintech firm FinMapp has collaborated with Bajaj Finance to introduce a fixed deposit feature on its platform by adding a new icon for an improved customer experience.
- The fintech firm is offering an interest rate of 7.35%on the fixed deposit of app users. FinMapp offers multiple tenures to choose from for their fixed deposits of 15, 18, 22, 30, 33, and 44 months, or opt for one, three, and five years, respectively.
- Earlier this year, FinMapp had announced that it has received a POP-SE license from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) under the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
Appointment and Resignation
Krishnan Ramanujam appointed as chairperson of Nasscom
- IT industry body National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom)has appointed a senior executive at TCS, Krishnan Ramanujam as its chairperson for 2022-23. He was the Vice-Chairperson of the body.
- He succeeds Accenture’s Senior Managing Director in India Rekha M Menon, who served as the Chairperson for 2021-22.
- Nasscom has also appointed President of Microsoft India. Anant Maheshwari as the Vice-Chairperson for 2022-23.
About National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom):
- Formation: 1 March 1988
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Chairman: Krishnan Ramanujam
- President: Debjani Ghosh
Bruce de Broize appointed as MD & CEO of Future Generali India Life Insurance
- Generali Asia has appointed Bruce de Broize as MD and CEO of Future Generali India Life Insurance (FGILI).
- He takes over from Miranjit Mukherjee who served as interim CEO since September 2021. He was the Regional Head of Distribution for Generali Asia based in Hong Kong for over five years.
- In March, Generali has become the majority shareholder of the Indian life insurance joint venture after getting all regulatory approvals.
About Future Generali India Life Insurance:
- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Bruce de Broize
N Chandrasekaran named chairman of Tata Digital
- Tata Sons executive chairman N Chandrasekaran has formally taken charge as chairman of Tata Digital.
- At present, Tata’s digital strategy is being spearheaded by its CEO Pratik Pal along with Mukesh Bansal, founder of Cultfit. Chandrasekaran’s formal appointment is of significance considering its future plans of raising funds from external investors.
- For Chandrasekaran, who was reappointed as the chairman of Tata Sons for another five years in February, Tata Digital has been his brainchild since he took charge as Tata Sons chairman.
About Tata Digital:
- Founded: 2019
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: N Chandrasekaran
ONGC signed MoU with Norway’s Equinor ASA to collaborate on Clean energy options
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has signed an MoU with Equinor ASA, the Norwegian state-owned multinational energy company for two years.
- The MoU was inked in New Delhi for collaboration and partnership in areas of upstream exploration and production, midstream, downstream and Clean energy options.
- Equinor is the leading operator on the Norwegian continental shelf and is present in 30 countries worldwide. The MoU was signed during the visit of a high-level delegation of Norway to India.
About Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC):
- Founded: 14 August 1956
- Headquarters:New Delhi, Delhi
- CEO: Subhash Kumar
L&T collaborated with IIT Bombay to develop Green Hydrogen Technology
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) signed a pact with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, Maharashtra to co-research and develop green hydrogen technology.
- Hydrogen when produced through electrolysis process using renewable energy is known as Green Hydrogenwhich has no carbon footprint.
- Under this partnership, L&T will utilize its engineering expertise, product scale-up and commercialization know-how, while IIT Bombay will use its cutting-edge research in hydrogen technologies and world-class technologists to develop indigenous globally-competitive technologies.
- It should be noted that India has its own ambitious target of becoming net zero by 2070.
About Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T):
- Founded: 7 February 1938
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: S.N. Subrahmanyan
27 April: World Stationery Day 2022
- World Stationery Day is celebrated every year on the last Wednesday of April. This year World Stationery Day 2022 is observed on the 27th April.
- The day is celebrated to mark the importance of stationery and writing on paper than using computers.
- World Stationery Day is celebrated every year since 2012 to honour the 800th anniversary of the creation of the Magna Carta which is one of the most important written documents in British history.
- It stands as an excellent example to show the longevity of handwritten documents. Magna Carta was created in 1215.
28 April: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed globally on 28 April every year. This day is observed to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally and raise awareness to ensure health and safety at the workplace.
- It represents the development and maintenance of a robust Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) management system.
- The Annual World Day for Safety and Health at Work was first observed in 2003 by the International Labour Organisation (ILO). The day is considered as a crucial tool for carving out a top-shelf political position for occupational safety and health.
- Theme 2022: “Act together to build a positive safety and health culture”
About International Labour Organisation (ILO):
- Founded: 1919
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Present Director-General: Guy Ryder
- Next Director-General: Gilbert Houngbo (Togo)
- Member Nations: 187
28 April: International Girls in ICT Day 2022
- International Girls in ICT Day is marked annually on the fourth Thursday in April. This year International Girls in ICT Day is observed on 28th April 2022.
- International Girls in ICT Day aims to inspire a global movement to increase the representation of girls and women in technology.
- International Girls in ICT Day is a global movement encouraging girls and young women to pursue science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) education, inspiring STEAM careers, including career pathways, career attainment and advancement and engaging the community and promoting collaboration through partnerships.
- Theme 2022: access and safety
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs