Current Affairs 28th October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
India’s first Radio over Internet Protocol system for Major Ports launched in Kolkata
- Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port (SPM) in Kolkata has become the first Major Indian Port to get new long-range marine communication technology called as Radio Over Internet Protocol (ROIP) system.
- It is a long-range marine communication solution to aid specially during storms and inclement weather.
- Using the ROIP mode of communication, the vessels at Sandheads can be directly communicated via Radio, from Kolkata.
- It will cover the entire Hugli River Estuary from Kolkata to Sandheads, and will have 4 base stations: Kolkata, Hugli point, Haldia and Sagar Pilot Station.
Maharashtra became India’s 1st state to pass its own Wildlife Action Plan 2021-30
- During the 17th meeting of the State Board for Wildlife (SBWL), the government of Maharashtra approved its own Wildlife Action Plan (2021-2030), which will be implemented over the next 10 years.
- Maharashtra became India’s first state to pass its own Wildlife Action Plan.
- The board has also approved the extension of the boundary of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve, in the Chandrapur district of the Vidarbha region, by around 79 sq km.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
SC set up a committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India; headed by R V Raveendran
- Supreme Court has appointed three-member committee to look into allegations of unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus, a spyware developed by Israeli firm NSO Group.
- It will be headed by retired judge Justice R V Raveendran.
- Justice Raveendran was part of the R M Lodha Committee appointed by the SC in 2015 to reform the BCCI.
- Committee members: Naveen Kumar Chaudhary, Prabaharan P, Ashwin Anil Gumaste.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices: Dr V G Somani
- IFSCA Constitutes an Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance: K. Mishra.
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
ECI launched ‘Garuda App’ for Digital Mapping of Polling Booths
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the ‘Garuda App’ for the digital mapping of all polling stations by using its longitude and latitude.
- The longitude and latitude of the polling stations along with photos and location information will be uploaded in the app by Booth Level Officers (BLOs) (using their registered mobile numbers).
- Aim: To ensure faster, smarter, transparent, and timely completion of election work and also to reduce the paperwork.
About Election Commission of India (ECI):
- Formed:25 January 1950
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief Election Commissioner: Sushil Chandra
MeitY Startup Hub and Google partnered to launch ‘Appscale Academy’ Programme
- MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and Google partnered to launch ‘Appscale Academy’, a growth and development programme, to train early to mid-stage startups across India.
- The programme focuses on the emerging startup ecosystem in Tier II and Tier III cities of India to provide them with the help needed to build scalable app solutions.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
“Global Climate Tech Investment trend” report: India ranked 9th, US topped
- In accordance with the report ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ by London & Partners, and Co, India ranked 9th in the list of top 10 countries for climate technology investment from 2016 to 2021.
- Indian climate tech firms received USD 1 billion in venture capital (VC) funding in this period.
- The report analyzed the trends in the climate sector since the 2016 United Nations Conference of Parties (COP) in Paris, France.
- The list has been topped by the United States (US) with USD 48 billion which is followed by China USD 18.6 billion
|1||United States (US)|
|4||United Kingdom (UK)|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021: 20th
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021: 2nd
- Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021: 46th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 90th
- Global Hunger Index 2021: 101st
- Global Food Security Index 2021: 71st
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
Banking and Financial
Google Pay tied up with SBI General Insurance to offer Health Insurance
- SBI General Insurance made a technological partnership with Google Pay to enable the users to buy SBI General’s health insurance on the Google Pay app.
- This collaboration marks Google Pay’s 1st partnership with an insurer in India to offer health insurance.
- The users were enabled to buy both individual and family plans under SBI General’s Arogya Sanjeevani policy through Google Pay Spot.
About SBI General Insurance:
- Founded: 24 February 2009
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Prakash Chandra Kandpal
Tech Mahindra acquired Lodestone & WMW to enhance its Digital Portfolio
- Tech Mahindra Limited has acquired United States (US) based Infostar LLC, which is doing business as Lodestone for 105 million USD (~Rs 788 crores) and We Make Websites Limited (WMW), based in London for 4 million pounds (~ Rs 97 crores) to strengthen its digital portfolio.
- The acquisition of Lodestone and WMW by Tech Mahindra will enhance its digital engineering capabilities to effectively utilize data strategy and address machine learning challenges.
Appointment and Resignation
Sunil Paliwal appointed as Chairperson of Chennai Port Trust
- Sunil Paliwal (1993 batch Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer) has assumed charge as the Chairperson of Chennai Port Trust.
- He is currently serving as Chairman and Managing Director, Kamarajar Port Ltd.
- He had also worked as the MD of Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board.
TVS Motor Company has been awarded India Green Energy Award 2020
- TVS Motor Company has been awarded the ‘Outstanding Renewable Energy User’ at the third Edition of India Green Energy Award 2020 by the Indian Federation of Green Energy (IFGE).
- The award was presented by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari.
- IFGE has recognized the efforts of TVS Motor in researching and implementing the use of alternative power sources in the renewable energy domain while ensuring their longevity and stability.
India successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-5
- India successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-5 from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha. The indigenously-developed surface-to-surface missile, which uses 3-stage solid-fuelled engine, is capable of striking targets at ranges up to 5,000 km with a very high degree of accuracy.
- It is developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation. It is about 17-metre long, 2-metre wide and has a launch weight of around 50 tonnes. The missile can carry a nuclear warhead of more than one tonne.
- India has at present in its armoury of Agni series, Agni-1 with 700 km range, Agni-2 with 2,000 km range, Agni-3 and Agni-4 with 2,500 km to more than 3500 km
Launch Missile with range by DRDO in news
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- Agni P Ballistic Missile: 1000 to 2000KM
- ‘Akash-NG’: 60 KM
Netherlands All-Rounder Ryan ten Doeschate retired from International Cricket
- Ryan ten Doeschate, 41-year-old Cricket all-rounder from the Netherlands, announced retirement from International Cricket after Netherland failed to qualify for the Super 12 stage of the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup.
- During the qualifiers, Netherland lost to Namibia and failed to enter the Super 12 stage, which was his last international match.
- Ryan ten Doeschate has scored 2074 runs from 57 international Test matches, 1541 runs from 33 One Day Internationals & 533 runs from 24 T20 internationals, since his debut in 2006.
Book and Author
Former Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal gifted his book ‘AIIMS Mein Ek Jang Ladte Hue’ to PM Modi
- The former Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ gifted a copy of his book titled ‘AIIMS Mein Ek Jang Ladte Hue’ to Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi in Delhi.
- The book was written by Pokhriyal while he was battling COVID-19 at AIIMS in Delhi. The book was published by Prabhat Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.
28 October: International Animation Day
- International Animation Day (IAD) is celebrated on October 28 every year. This year marks the 20th International Animation Day.
- It is an international observance proclaimed in 2002 by the International Animated Film Association (ASIFA), an International Animated Film Association, a member of UNESCO, as the main global event to celebrate the art of animation.
- IAD was created honouring the birth of animation, recognized as the first public performance of projected moving images: Emile Reynaud’s Theatre Optique in Paris, on the 28th October 1892.
26 October – 1 November: Vigilance Awareness Week 2021
- Vigilance Awareness Week (VAW) is annually observed across India during the week which marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, which falls on 31st October.
- The Central Vigilance Commission has decided to observe the Vigilance Awareness Week (VAW) 2021 from 26th October 2021 to 1st November 2021 to promote integrity, transparency and accountability amongst public servants and create awareness about the existence, causes and gravity of corruption.
- Theme 2021: “Independent India @75: Self Reliance with Integrity”.
About Central Vigilance Commission (CVC):
- Founded: 1964
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Central Vigilance Commissioner: Suresh N Patel
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs