Current Affairs 28th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Government approved Terai Elephant Reserve in Uttar Pradesh
- Union Government has approved the Terai Elephant Reserve in Uttar Pradesh.
- It will cover 3,049 sq km area & will be developed in the joint forest areas of Dudhwa & Piliphit tiger reserves located in the Lakhimpur and Pilibhit districts.
- With the TER coming into existence, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR) will earn the credit of protecting and conserving four iconic wild species- tigers, one-horned rhinos, Asian elephants and swamp deer.
- Centre approved three elephant reserves in the country in 2022.
- The other two reserves are Lemru ER in Chhattisgarh and Agasthyamalai ER in Tamil Nadu.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Gujarat achieved 100 percent household tap connections under JJM
- Gujarat has achieved 100% household tap connections under Jal Jeevan Mission & has been declared as a ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state.
- It means all households in rural areas have access to safe drinking water through taps in the state.
- Gujarat is now the third big state, after Haryana and Telangana that has now declared completion of the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Jal Jeevan Mission focuses on water service delivery and not just building water supply infrastructure.
- The motto of the Jal Jeevan Mission is ‘no one is left out’, thus ensuring every household irrespective of its socio-economic status, gets tap water supply.
- Under the scheme, the government plans to provide potable tap water to all the villages in the country by 2024.
- Launched in 2019, this mission targets to provide potable tap water to all the villages in the country by 2024.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Two new Indian beaches receive ‘Blue Flag’ certification
- Union Minister Bhupendra Yadav announced that Two Indian beaches, Minicoy Thundi beach and Kadmat beach, located in Lakshadweep, have received the International eco-label ‘Blue Flag’
- After this, India now has 12 Blue Flag beaches, an eco-label given to the cleanest beaches in the world.
- It is awarded by the Denmark-based non-profit Foundation for Environmental Education.
- The Thundi Beach is one of the most pristine and picturesque beaches in the Lakshadweep archipelago where white sand is lined by turquoise-blue water of the lagoon. It is a paradise for swimmers and tourists alike.
- The Kadmat Beach is popular with cruise tourists who visit the island for water sports. It is a paradise for nature lovers with its pearl white sand, blue lagoon waters, its moderate climate and friendly locals.
- Both the beaches have designated staff for beach cleanliness and maintenance; and for safety and security of swimmers.
Kerala launched ‘women-friendly tourism’ project
- The Kerala state tourism department has launched a ‘Women-Friendly Tourism’ project to ensure safe and hygienic destinations for women.
- The all-women tour packages, which include food, accommodation, transportation and community guides, will be controlled and operated by women.
- The project will be implemented ensuring the participation of women from all sections of society.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Anna May Wong becomes first Asian American to appear on US currency
- Late Hollywood actress and fashion icon Anna May Wong (1905-1961) is set to become the first Asian American to feature on US Currency.
- Wong’s image has been imprinted on quarter dollars as part of the American Women Quarters Program, which highlights female pioneers on coins.
- Recognized as Hollywood’s first Asian American movie star, she acted in over 60 films across a decades-long career.
- Wong began her film career at the age of 14 as an extra in The Red Lantern. Anna May Wong was born in Los Angeles to second-generation Chinese immigrants (1919).
Vienna to host INTERPOL General Assembly in 2023
- The 91st INTERPOL General Assembly will take place in Vienna, Austria in 2023.
- The 90th General Assembly was held in New Delhi from 18th to 21st October 2022.
- The General Assembly is INTERPOL’s supreme governing body and meets once a year to take key decisions related to its functioning.
- It was held in India after a gap of 25 years.
- Capital- Vienna
- Currency- Euro
- President – Alexander Van der Bellen
About International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol)
- Founded – 1923
- Headquarters – Lyon, France
- Secretary General – Jürgen Stock
- Member countries – 195
China launched Covid-19 vaccine inhaled through mouth
- Chinese city of Shanghai has started administering an inhalable Covid-19 vaccine in what appears to be a s
- The vaccine, a mist that is sucked in through the mouth, is being offered for free as a booster dose for previously vaccinated individuals.
- It was developed by Cansino Biologics Inc. as an aerosol version of the one-shot adenovirus vaccine, which uses a relatively harmless cold virus.
- Needle-free vaccines may persuade people who don’t like getting a shot to get vaccinated, as well as help expand vaccination in poor countries because they are easier to administer.
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Yuan
- President – Xi Jinping
Appointment and Resignation
Sangeeta Verma appointed as acting chairperson of CCI
- The Government has appointed Sangeeta Verma as the acting chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- She has succeeded full-time Chairperson Ashok Kumar Gupta who superannuated on 25th Oct.
- Verma is currently a member of the CCI.
- She has been appointed as Acting Chairperson for 3 months.
- Gupta had taken over as the CCI chairperson in November 2018.
- The CCI is the chief national competition regulator in India.
Shefali Juneja elected as chairperson of Air Transport Committee of ICAO
- India’s representative to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Shefali Juneja has been unanimously elected as chairperson of the UN specialized aviation agency’s Air Transport Committee (ATC).
- India has won this coveted position in ICAO after 28 years when Juneja got unanimously elected in the ICAO council for the same on Monday. Incidentally, Juneja is the first woman to represent India in ICAO.
- She is a 1992 batch officer of IRS (Income Tax cadre), and served as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation before joining the ICAO.
- ATC is a standing committee of ICAO created by Chicago Convention in 1944. “It is the most important committee (of ICAO) as it decides on standards in air transport policies.
- Last year, Juneja was elected as the first woman chair of aviation security committee and also held position as chair of innovation.
- Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) – Jaxay Shah
- UNHRC Special Rapporteur – Dr. K.P. Ashwini
- Revenue Secretary – Sanjay Malhotra
- CMD of India Trade Promotion Organization – Pradeep Kharola
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA)- Bharati Das
RRR won Best International Film at Saturn Awards 2022
- SS Rajamouli’s period epic RRR was awarded the prestigious Saturn Award 2022 in the Best International Film category.
- The movie also received a nomination for Best Action/Adventure Film, while Rajamouli was nominated for Best Film Direction.
- RRR is the fourth highest-grossing Indian movie ever, just behind Dangal, Baahubali 2, and KGF 2.
- RRR is Rajamouli’s second movie to receive the Saturn Award; the first was Baahubali 2.
- The movie also received tremendous critical acclaim and has been hailed as the director’s finest work yet.
- National Digital Transformation Awards (DX 2022 Awards) – Karnataka Bank
- European parliament’s Sakharov prize 2022 – Ukrainian people
- National Intellectual Property award for 2021 & 2022 – IIT Madras
- Karnataka Ratna award – Puneeth Rajkumar (posthumously)
- Men’s nBallon d’Or 2022 – Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema
BCCI announced equal match fee for men and women cricketers
- BCCI has announced the implementation of a pay equity policy for contracted Indian women cricketers.
- The match fee for both Men and Women Cricketers will be the same.
- Objective- To promote gender equality in the nation’s most-loved game.
- For test cricket match, the fee will be ₹15 lakh, for One Day International (ODI) match ₹6 lakh and for a T20 match ₹3 lakh, respectively.
- Recently, the Indian women’s cricket team won the Asia Cup in Bangladesh, beating the Sri Lankan.
About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
- Founded – 1928
- Headquarters – Wankhede Stadium
- 1st President – R E Grant Govan
- 39th President – Roger Binny
- Vice president – Rajeev Shukla
- Secretary – Jay Shah
- Men’s coach – Rahul Dravid
- Women’s coach – Ramesh Powar
27 October – World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) is celebrated on October 27 every year to highlight and promote the importance of such preservation.
- The day highlights and promotes the importance of recorded images, motion pictures and sounds which give us insights into people’s lives, cultures, languages, communities and the global flora and fauna.
- Theme 2022 – Enlisting documentary heritage to promote inclusive, just and peaceful societies
27 October 2022 – 76th Infantry Day
- Infantry Day is celebrated every year on October 27.
- It is the day when the Indian Army’s infantry troops landed in Kashmir for the first time in 1947.
- This day is commemorated to honour the brave soldiers of the infantry who fought and laid down their lives during the India-Pakistan war in 1947.
- The operation was started on October 27, 1947, to protect the people of Kashmir from the Pakistani invaders after Maharaja Hari Singh of Kashmir had signed the Instrument of Accession of Kashmir to India.
- The Indian Airforce carried out the task of flying the troops of 1 Sikh into Srinagar on this day.
- As part of the Infantry Day celebrations of 2022, a ‘Wreath Laying’ ceremony was organized at the National War Memorial.
Veteran Assamese actor Nipon Goswami passed away
- Veteran Assamese actor Nipon Goswami passed away recently
- Goswami made his debut as a child artist in the 1957 film Fani Sarma’s Piyali Phukan.
- Sangram was Nipon Goswami’s first Assamese film and first success as a lead actor in an Assamese film. During the years that followed, he appeared in several films, including Dr. Bezbaruah, released in 1969. As a character actor, he appeared in several Hindi films.
- Goswami has acted in 50 Assamese films including ‘Mukuta’, ‘Sandhya Raag’, etc.
- He had acted in seven Hindi films including Kalpana Lajmi’s ‘Daman’, Bhabendranath Saikia’s ‘Kaal Sandhya’ and Rajkumar Kohli’s ‘Virodhi’ among others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here