Current Affairs 28th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Government launched JALDOOT App
- Rural Development Ministry has developed a JALDOOT App to capture the water level of selected wells in a village across the country.
- The App was jointly launched by Minister of State for Panchayati Raj, Kapil Moreshwar Patil, Ministers of State for Rural Development, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, and Faggan Singh Kulaste in New Delhi.
- It will enable Gram Rojgar Sahyak to measure the water level of well twice a year pre-monsoon and post-monsoon.
- This app will be used across the country to capture the water level of selected 2-3 wells in a village. Manual monitoring of water levels in open wells will be measured twice in a year, from 1st May to 31st May as pre-monsoon water level and from 1st October to 31st October for post-monsoon level for the same well.
Hitachi Astemo installed its first solar power plant in India
- Hitachi Astemo has installed its India’s first solar power plant at Jalgaon manufacturing plant in
- The 3 megawatts (MW) solar power plant will be built in an area of 43301 sqm.
- The 43301-square-meter solar power plant consists of 7128 ground-mounted solar panels and 10 inverters.
- Hitachi Astemo is a known for the development, manufacture, sale, and service of automotive and transportation components. This solar power plant will embark on its new journey in the field of sustainable energy in India.
- Hitachi is working to reduce its carbon emissions and become carbon neutral by 2050. With this plant, the company would be able to eliminate close to 4000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions each year. This will be equal to planting around 1,50,000 trees.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
NHPC signed an agreement with IIT Jammu to undertaking R&D activities
- National Hydro Electric Power Corporation (NHPC) Ltd & IIT Jammu have signed a pact for availing services of the IIT Jammu for undertaking R&D activities in the field of science, engineering & technology.
- NHPC has an established R&D division undertaking various innovative initiatives in different fields of construction, operation, and maintenance of hydropower projects/stations.
- This MoU will further provide an impetus to the Research & Development (R&D) activities of the company.
- NHPC is an Indian government hydropower board under the Ministry of Power.
- Skill India partnered with Samsung to train Indian youth
- TerraPay partnered with NPCI to enable cross-border transactions via UPI
- Singapore Central Bank partnered with India’s IFSCA to Pursue Fintech Innovations
- Tamil Nadu signed an MoU with Meghalaya on healthcare services
- Indian Navy signed an MoU with Amity University for Academic Cooperation
Vladimir Putin grants Russian citizenship to Edward Snowden
- President Vladimir Putin has granted Russian citizenship to former US security contractor Edward Snowden.
- Snowden, 39, is one of 75 foreign nationals who have been granted Russian citizenship.
- Snowden, a former employee of the U.S. National Security Agency, has been living in Russia since 2013 to escape prosecution in the US after leaking classified documents detailing government surveillance programs.
- Capital – Moscow
- Currency – Rubel
- President – Vladimir Putin
Banking and Financial
Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 extended further
- Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 has been extended for a further period of 6 months.
- The extension will come into effect from 1 October 2022.
- Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 was unveiled in 2015.
- The policy provides a framework for increasing exports of goods and services keeping Make in India vision of Prime Minister in focus.
- It also emphasizes on improving the ease of doing business.
ADB to devote $14 billion to help ease food crisis in Asia-Pacific
- The Asian Development Bank will devote at least $14 billion through 2025 to help ease a worsening food crisis in the Asia-Pacific.
- It plans a comprehensive program of support to help the 1.1 billion people in the region who lack healthy diets due to poverty and soaring food prices.
- The funds will go to both existing and new projects spanning farming, food production and distribution, water resources management and social supports.
- The plan calls for improving long-term food security by strengthening farming and food supplies to cope with climate change and the loss of biodiversity.
- In a recent update, the bank downgraded its forecast for growth in the region to 4.3% from an earlier estimate of 5.2%. Next year’s outlook is for 4.9% annual growth.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Countries – 68 (Nuie)
Union Bank of India inaugurated ethical hacking lab
- The Union Bank of India inaugurated the Ethical Hacking Lab at the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CCoE).
- The lab with a cyber defence mechanism will protect the bank’s information system, digital assets, and channels, against potential cyber threats.
- The lab was inaugurated by the bank’s managing director and CEO A. Manimekhalai.
About Union Bank of India (UBI)
- Founded- 11 November 1919
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- CEO- A. Manimekhalai
Appointment and Resignation
Vijay Jasuja appointed as Independent Director of Stashfin
- Leading Fintech platform Stashfin has appointed BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) expert and former MD and CEO of SBI Cards, Vijay Jasuja as Non-Executive Independent Director.
- He also served as a Director at PNB Cards.
- He has held multiple leadership positions at SBI including General Manager, Hyderabad; Country Head and CEO, Maldives and Regional Head, Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Stashfin is a leading fintech platform with a mission to deliver seamless and transparent financial services to consumers across a wide spectrum. Our aim is to empower the customers by improving their financial health, which will lead to inclusivity, growth and economic independence.
- Tushar Aggarwal, CEO and Founder of Stashfin
- MD and CEO of NPCI – Dilip Asbe (re-appointment)
- MD and Chairman of RailTel Corp – Sanjai Kumar
- Director of AIIMS Delhi – Dr. M Srinivas
- Director General of ICMR – Dr. Rajiv Bahl
- Director General of National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) – Bharat Lal
- President of Hockey India – Dilip Tirkey
Rajendra Kumar appointed as Director General of ESIC
- Senior bureaucrat Rajendra Kumar has been appointed the director general of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
- Kumar, a 1992-batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, is currently an additional secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- ESIC is the statutory social security body under the ownership of the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Jaideep Kumar Mishra, who is currently an additional secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, will now be the additional secretary and financial adviser to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, replacing Srivastava.
About Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Founded – 25 February 1952
- Owner – Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India
- Director General – Rajendra Kumar
- Chairman of Naryara Energy – Prasad K
- CEO of American Express India – Sanjay Khanna
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
- Interim Chairman of ONGC – Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
Asha Parekh to be honoured with 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- The Information & Broadcasting Ministry announced that 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2020 will be presented to Asha Parekh.
- The 68th National Film Awards will be held on 30 September 2022 and will be presided over by President Droupadi Murmu in New Delhi.
- Asha Parekh was awarded the Padma Shri in 1992.
- She also served as the head of the Central Board for Film Certification from 1998-2001.
- The renowned film actress, director and producer started her career as a child actor and made her debut as the lead heroine in Dil Deke Dekho. She has acted in over 95 movies, including Kati Patang, Teesri Manzil, Love in Tokyo, Aya Saawan Jhoom Ke, Aan Milo Sajna, Mera Gaon Mera Desh.
- First Queen Elizabeth II Woman award – Indian-origin Suella Braverman
- German PEN award – Indian author & poet Meena Kandasamy
- Top French civilian honour – Swati Piramal
- Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar – Tanikella Bharani
- International Tourism award 2023 – West Bengal (for best destination for culture)
- Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary – Barack Obama (Our Great National Parks)
Team World won Laver Cup 2022
- Team World defeated Team Europe to win the Laver Cup 2022 for the first time.
- Frances Tiafoe and Felix Auger of Team World defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas & Novak Djokovic of Team Europe to win the competition.
- Laver Cup is an international indoor hard court tournament between Team Europe & Team World.
- Players from all continents, besides Europe, represent Team World.
- First edition- 2017
Jhulan Goswami retired from international cricket
- The legendary Women’s Cricketer Jhulan Goswami has announced her retirement from all forms of the game.
- Goswami made her ODI debut in 2002 against England.
- She holds the record for taking the most number of wickets in Women’s ODI cricket.
- She also won the ICC Women’s Player of the Year award in 2007.
- She played 204 Women’s ODI matches, taking 255 wickets at an average of 22.04.
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
- Rahul Sharma – – International Cricket – India
- Mushfiqur Rahim – T20Is international – Bangladesh
- Aaron Finch – ODI cricket – Australia
- Robin Uthappa – all forms of cricket – India
- Rachael Haynes – International cricket – Australian woman cricketer
27 September – Death anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- 27 September 2022 marked the 189th death anniversary of one of India’s greatest revolutionaries, Raja Ram Mohan Roy.
- Union Culture Ministry under the Government of India commemorated the 250th birth anniversary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy under the aegis of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. A statue of Raja Ram Mohan Roy will be unveiled at Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation, Kolkata.
- A reformer, scholar, and harbinger of the Indian Renaissance, Roy passed away on this day in 1833 in England.
- He founded Atmiya Sabha for social and religious reforms.
- In 1828, he founded Brahmo Samaj which was one of the first socio-religious reform organizations in the country.
28 September – World Rabies Day
- World Rabies Day is observed every year on 28 September.
- Objective – To raise awareness and educate people about the severity of Rabies
- Theme 2022 – Rabies: One Health, Zero Deaths
- The first-ever World Rabies Day campaign took place back in 2007.
- Rabies is a fatal but preventable viral disease, which is spread to people from the saliva of infected animals. It is transmitted through animal bites usually from stray dogs or dogs who have not been vaccinated. The symptoms of the disease include headache, extreme fever, excess salivation paralysis, mental disorder, and confusion, eventually leading to death in some cases.
- On the day, a network of international government agencies, NGOs, and vaccine manufacturers use World Rabies Day as a tool to organize events, conferences, and campaigns led by experts to assist in the eradication of the disease. The government also announces plans and policies to progress toward the goal. In the long-term goal, the Global Strategic Plan for the eradication of this dog-mediated is aimed to be Zero deaths by 2030.
28 September – International Day for Universal Access to Information
- International Day for Universal Access to Information is observed annually on September 28.
- Objective – To raise awareness regarding the need to expand laws related to information.
- Theme 2022 – Artificial Intelligence, e-Governance and Access to Information
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), on 17 November 2015, declared that International Day for Universal Access to Information will be observed on September 28, every year.
- Access to information is crucial for making informed decisions. Whether it is about what government you would want to represent you or to have knowledge of who governs you. Access to information is necessary for developments on all fronts.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here