Daily GK Update 29 , 30 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma Appoints ‘Guardian Ministers’
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has appointed ‘Guardian Ministers’ to oversee the implementation of government policy decisions, administrative reforms, and other welfare schemes in all the 34 districts of the state.
- 13 ‘Guardian Ministers’ have been appointed for all 34 districts in Assam, for balanced, speedy and sustainable developments of these districts.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
IBF to be renamed as IBDF
- Apex body of broadcasters, Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has extended its purview to cover digital streaming platforms. Also, it will be renamed as Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
- Extended coverage will bring broadcasters and OTT (over-the-top) platforms, under one roof. Decision was taken in the view of substantial jump in their viewership base during covid-19 pandemic.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya : Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium: Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
Banking & Financial
ICICI Bank has collaborated with NPCI to link its ‘Pockets’ digital wallet to the UPI
- ICICI Bank has announced the launch of a unique facility of linking a UPI (Unified Payments Interface) ID to its digital wallet ’Pockets’, marking a departure from the current practice that demands such IDs be linked with a savings bank account.
- This initiative enables users to undertake small value everyday transactions directly from their ‘Pockets’ wallet. Further, customers who already have a UPI ID, will get a new ID when they log on to the ‘Pockets’ app.
Note: About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Vadodara
- Corporative Office– Mumbai
- Tagline: Khayal Apka
Tata Digital acquired 64% stake in BigBasket
- Tata Digital has acquired a majority stake in online grocery BigBasket, a deal that pits the country’s largest conglomerate against entrenched e-commerce players. The digital unit of the salt-to-software group didn’t disclose the financial details of the deal.
- Regulatory filings showed that it has acquired around 64% stake in Supermarket Grocery Supplies that owns BigBasket.
RBI imposes Rs 10 crore penalty on HDFC bank over irregularities in auto loan portfolio
- The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 crore on HDFC Bank for deficiencies in regulatory compliances with regard to its auto loan portfolio.
- The penalty has been slapped after examining a complaint by a whistleblower regarding irregularities in the auto loan portfolio of the lender. The order imposing the fine was issued on May 27 for contraventions of certain provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
3 Indian peacekeepers to be honoured with UN’s prestigious medal
- Corporal Yuvraj Singh, civilian peacekeeper Ivan Michael Picardo, and Moolchand Yadav are among those to be honoured with the UN’s prestigious medal.
- Corporal Yuvraj Singh was serving at the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) while civilian peacekeeper Ivan Michael Picardo was associated with UNAMISS as a civil peacekeeper. Moolchand Yadav was associated with the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI).
Tamil movie ‘Seththumaan’, Karishma Dube’s ‘Bittu’ win at IFFLA
- The 19th edition of festival concluded its eight-day run on 27th May, during which it showcased 40 films in 17 languages, including movies by 16 women directors.
- A jury comprising of Milan Chakraborty, Nathan Fischer and Jenn Wilson declared Thamizh’s ”Seththumaan” as the winner of Grand Jury Award for Best Feature. Karishma Dube’s Bittu, which was in the race for a nomination at the 2021 Oscars, bagged the Grand Jury Prize for Best Short.
Chelsea beat Manchester City 1-0, won Champions League for second time
- Chelsea won their second Champions League title and denied Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City their first after Kai Havertz grabbed a first-half goal to secure a 1-0 win on 29th May all-English final at the Estadio Do Dragao.
- Premier League champions City were favourites ahead of the final but suffered a desperately disappointing night in their first Champions League showpiece match.
Note: List of Winner Football tournament 2021
- Alexander Zverev beats Matteo Berrettini to won his 2nd Madrid title
- Manchester City crowned 2020-21 Premier League champions
- Manchester City beat Tottenham Hotspur in final at London to won League Cup football tournament
- Barcelona won 2021 Copa del Rey
- FA Cup: Leicester Beat Chelsea To Won Title For First Time
- Barcelona beats Chelsea 4-0 to win Women’s Champions League final for first time
- Atletico Madrid pipped city rivals Real Madrid to the La Liga title
29th May: International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
- The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers, 29 May, offers a chance to pay tribute to the uniformed and civilian personnel’s invaluable contribution to the work of the Organization and to honour more than 4,000 peacekeepers who have lost their lives serving under the UN flag since 1948, including 130 last year.
- Theme 2021: “The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security.”
29th May: International Mount Everest Day
- International Everest Day is observed on May 29 every year. It is observed on this day as Nepalese Tenzing Norgay and New Zealand’s Edmund Hillary had climbed the Mt. Everest on this day in 1953. They were the first humans to scale the height.
- In 2008, Nepal decided to observe the day as International Everest Day after Edmund Hillary died. Since then, every year, Mount Everest Day is observed in Nepal with processions and memorial events in Kathmandu, Nepal and the Everest region.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|