Current Affairs 29th and 30th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s largest EV charging station inaugurated in Gurugram, Haryana
- National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV) inaugurated India’s largest Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station at Delhi-Jaipur National Highway in Sector 52 of Gurgaon, Haryana, which has 100 charging points for four-wheelers.
- The station has been installed and operated by Alektrify Private Limited. Out of the 100 points, 72 units are AC slow chargers while 24 units consist of DC fast chargers.
- The station has opened with 96 chargers for technical inspection for various ‘Certification Compliance’ and ‘Safety Standards’.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Lok Sabha secretariat launched Digital Sansad App to make live proceedings accessible
- The Lok Sabha secretariat has launched the official mobile application of the Parliament named Digital Sansad app, which will make it easier for people to follow proceedings in the Parliament, including the Union Budget 2022 live.
- In addition, it will also help members of parliament access services such as checking personal updates like the status of their notices, House bulletins, etc.
- In the future, the MPs can log in for attendance, give questions for the Question Hour, or submit notices for debates or adjournment motions.
- The app contains information on budget speeches since 1947 as well as House discussions from the 12th Lok Sabha to 17th Lok Sabha. It will also contain a live telecast of Sansad proceedings. 2022 Budget session can also be watched live on this App.
- Lok Sabha Speaker: Om Birla
PM Narendra Modi hosted first India-Central Asia Summit 2022
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi hosted the 1st India-Central Asia Summit 2022 in a virtual format with the Presidents of 5 Central Asian Nations of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- This summit, also the first engagement of its kind between both sides at the level of leaders, coincided with the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between them.
- It highlights India’s growing cooperation with Central Asian countries as a part of its ‘Extended Neighbourhood’.
- The leaders reiterated their support for a peaceful, secure, and stable Afghanistan. They also agreed to set up Joint Working Groups at the senior official level on Afghanistan.
India will convert 150 villages into ‘Villages of Excellence’ with technical help from Israel
- The Centre has decided to convert as many as 150 villages into ‘Villages of Excellence’ in 12 states with technical assistance from the Israeli government.
- Already, the Israeli government has established 29 Centre of Excellence (CoEs) in 12 states.
- The 150 villages that are located around CoEs will be converted into ‘Villages of Excellence.’ Out of which, 75 villages are being taken up in the first year to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- President: Isaac Herzog
- Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
India’s electronic goods exports grew 49% in April-December 2021 at $11 billion
- India’s exports of electronic goods reached USD 1.67 Billion in December 2021. It registered a growth of 33.99%, as compared to an export of USD 1.25 Bn in December 2020.
- During April-December 2021, the electronic sector registered an exports growth of 49%, reaching to USD 11.0 Billion against USD 7.4 Billion in the year 2020.
- Against USD 8.8 billion export in April-December 2019 and USD 4.8 Billion in April-December 2014, exports of Electronic Goods witnessed a growth of 26% and 131% respectively.
In April-November 2021, top 5 export destinations are:
- USA (18%)
- UAE (16.6%)
- China (7.6%)
- Netherland (4.5%) and
- Germany (4.2%).
Netherlands unveiled ‘world’s-largest’ canal lock
- World’s-largest canal lock unveiled in Canal lock was inaugurated by Dutch King Willen-Alexander.
- The 500-meter long and 70-meter-wide sluice replaces a smaller, nearly 100-year-old one at Ijmuiden. Ijmuiden is a small port city connecting the North Sea Canal to the port of Amsterdam.
- The overall cost of constructing the project is $338 million. The Ijmuiden lock was designed to allow large, modern cargo ships to reach the port of Amsterdam.
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
- Prime minister: Mark Rutte
World Gold Council report: Global gold demand rose 10% to 4,021 tonnes
- According to the World Gold Council (WGC) report ‘Gold Demand Trends 2021’, the global gold demand rose 10 percent in 2021 to 4,021.3 tonnes. The overall gold demand during 2020, which was impacted following Covid-19 related disruptions, stood at 3,658.8 tonnes.
- The demand for the yellow metal was mainly driven by Central bank buying during the fourth quarter of 2021, recovery in jewellery consumption, mainly in India and China.
- India’s gold consumption surged to 797.3 tonnes in 2021, on the back of the recovery in consumer sentiments and pent-up demand post Covid-19-related disruptions and the bullish trend is set to continue this year as well.
About World Gold Council:
- Founded: 1987
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- President: Kelvin Dushnisky.
- CEO: David Tait
Banking and Financial
SBI listed the maiden issue of $300 million Formosa bonds on India INX
- State Bank of India (SBI) has issued $300 million Formosa bonds and listed the issuance on India INX GIFT IFSC.
- The lender is the first Indian entity to raise money through Formosa Bond, which is a bond issued in Taiwan.
- SBI was the first issuer whose Green bonds were dually listed in November 2021 on Luxembourg Stock Exchange through an MOU that has been entered into by both Exchanges.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Google will invest $1 billion in Bharti Airtel as part of India Digitization Fund
- Indian telecom operator, Bharti Airtel announced that Google will invest $1 billion in the company as part of its India Digitization Fund of USD 10 billion.
- Google and Bharti Airtel will partner on a long-term, multi-year agreement to accelerate the growth of India’s digital ecosystem.
- Google will make an equity investment of $700 million for a 1.28% stake in Bharti Airtel at a price of Rs 734 per share. Meanwhile, $300 million will go towards implementing commercial agreements.’
- Google for India Digitization Fund includes the equity investment and a corpus for potential commercial agreements, to be identified and agreed on mutually agreeable terms within a period of 5 years.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Paytm Money launched Intelligent Messenger ‘Pops’ to invest and track markets
- Paytm Money, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the digital finance platform ‘Paytm’, has launched India’s first intelligent messenger named ‘’Pop’’ to provide instant updates to track users’ investments in the stock market.
- “Pop” provides specific information related to their stock, portfolio analysis, market news, and important market movements all in one place and easily available to its users.
- It will also serve as a market for providing stock recommendations, news insights, and other services.
About Paytm Money:
- Founded: 20 September 2017
- Headquarter: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- CEO: Varun Sridhar
Appointment and Resignation
V Anantha Nageswaran appointed as new Chief Economic Advisor of India
- Venkatraman Anantha Nageswaran, a scholar and former executive with Credit Suisse Group AG and Julius Baer Group has been appointed as India’s chief economic adviser.
- Nageswaran succeeds Krishnamurthy Subramanian, who returned to academia in October after completing his three-year tenure.
- The chief economic adviser (CEA) in the finance ministry advises the government on economic matters and traditionally scripts the economic survey presented in Parliament a day before the Union budget presentation on 1 February.
List of important heads of offices of India:
- Chief Justice of India: N. V. Ramana
- Chief Election Commissioner of India: Sushil Chandra
- Lok Sabha Speaker: Om Birla
- Chairman of the Rajya Sabha: M Venkaiah Naidu
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG): Girish Chandra Murmu
- Attorney General of India: K K Venugopal
- National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
- Solicitor General of India: Tushar Mehta
- Central Vigilance Commissioner: Suresh N. Patel
- Chief Information Commissioner: Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
Arun Kumar Purwar appointed as the chairman of IIFL Finance
- Former Chairman of State Bank of India Arun Kumar Purwar appointed as the new Chairman of IIFL Finance, a non-banking finance company (NBFC) backed by Fairfax and Capital Group, with effect from April 1, 2022.
- Arun Kumar Purwar previously served as the Chairman of SBI from 2002-2006. He also worked as Chairman of Indian Bank Association(IBA) during 2005-2006.
- He also works as an independent director in leading Companies across diverse sectors such as Power including Solar, Wind, Thermal & Gas based power projects, Steel, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Award- CEO of the year Award from The Institute of Technology and Management (2004), “Outstanding Achiever of the year” award from IBA (2004), “Finance Man of the Year” Award by the Bombay Management Association in 2006.
About IIFL Group:
- Chairman: Nirmal Jain
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Decommissioned INS Khukri handed over to Diu administration and will be developed as Museum
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khukri, the lead ship of Khukri class corvettes and an indigenous surface-to-surface missile fitted vessel of the Indian Navy which has been decommissioned on 23rd December 2021, has been handed over to the Diu Administration on 26 January 2022, 73rd Republic Day in a ceremonial event held at the INS Khukri Memorial, Diu.
- INS Khukri is set to be developed as a full-scale museum in memory of the 1971 Indo-Pakistan War Heroes. The ship commissioned on 23rd August 1989 in Mumbai was built by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders.
Russia delivered all the contracted 70,000 AK203 assault rifles to India
- Russia has delivered all the contracted 70,000 AK-203 Kalashnikov assault rifles to Indian Armed Forces.
- The Indian Armed Forces had placed an order for 670,000 rifles, for which the contract was signed on December 06, 2021, between India and Kalashnikov (Russian defence manufacturing unit), of which 70,000 are delivered.
- Rest all 600,000 will be manufactured in India’s Amethi under a joint venture. The total cost of the contract is around Rs 5124 crores.
- Joint Venture called Indo-Russian Rifles Private Ltd based at Amethi, Uttar Pradesh has been created for the production of 600,000 AK 203 in India.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
Ashleigh Barty became the first Australian women’s singles champion in the Australian Open 2022
- Australian tennis star Ashleigh Barty won the 2022 Australian Open women’s singles title. She defeated Danielle Collins of US.
- Barty ended a 44-year drought for Australian women at their home Grand Slam Barty is the first Australian women’s singles champion since Chris O’Neil in 1978.
- The title is Barty’s third Grand Slam crown, and second out of the last three, following Roland Garros 2019and Wimbledon 2021. It is World No 1 Barty’s 15th title overall.
Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022: India beat China to bag bronze medal in Muscat, Oman
- India defeated China by 2-0 in the third-place play-off to win a bronze medal from the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022 in Muscat, Oman.
- Sharmila Devi scored the first goal of the night for India, by opening a score sheet in the 13th minute of the game, by converting a penalty corner. Gurjit Kaur scored the second goal of the night at the 19th minute, through another penalty corner and handed India a 2-0 lead.
- The 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup was the 10th edition of the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup. Japan won their third title after a final win over South Korea.
Book and Author
Subhash Garg authored a book titled “The $10 Trillion Dream”
- Former finance secretary Subhash Chandra Garg will soon make his debut as an author with an upcoming book, “The $10 Trillion Dream”.
- The book claims to explore the critical policy issues that India faces today and suggests reforms for it to become a USD 10 trillion economy by the mid-2030s.
A new book titled “Liberty After Freedom: A History of Article 21, Due Process and the Constitution of India” authored by Rohan J. Alva
- Rohan J. Alva, a counsel practising in the Supreme Court of India, has authored a new book titled “Liberty After Freedom: A History of Article 21, Due Process and the Constitution of India”.
- The book features the origin of Article 21: Protection of Life and Personal Liberty, one of the important fundamental rights in the Indian Constitution.
- His writings have been published in various internationally respected journals such as Statute Law Review (Oxford University Press), and Hong Kong Law Journal.
30 January: Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Diwas
- Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Diwas is observed every year on January 30 in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi, who was assassinated by Nathuram Godse at Gandhi Smriti in the Birla House by Nathuram Godse in 1948.
- This year nation observed 74th Martyrs’ Day. The day is observed to remember the sacrifices made by freedom fighters in the struggle for India’s independence and to pay our respects to them.
- Martyrs’ Day is also observed in India on March 23 to pay respect to Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar, who was hanged death on this day in 1931.’
Renowned Marathi author & social activist Anil Awachat passed away
- Veteran Marathi author and social activist Anil Awachat passed away due to a prolonged illness.
- He was the founder of a de-addiction center called Muktangan Rehabilitation Center in Pune in 1986.
- He was known for his several Marathi books like Manasa, Swatahavishayi, Gard, Karyarat, Karyamagna and Kutuhalapoti.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs