Daily GK Update 29th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 29 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Asian Development Bank provides USD 1.5 billion to India to deal with COVID-19
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 27th April accounced it has provided USD 1.5 billion to India to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The institution had announced a package of USD 20 billion in April 2020 to provide financial support to 26 countries to help fight the pandemic.
Banking & Financial
IHS Markit Estimates GDP Growth Rate of India at 9.6% for FY22
- London-based financial services company IHS Markit has projected the GDP growth rate of the Indian economy to grow at 9.6 per cent in FY22 (2021-22).
- The revision is based on factors like ongoing lockdown and mobility curbs coupled with fears of an extension, time-wise and across more Indian cities.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
- S&P Global Ratings-11%
- HSBC: 11.2%
- Care Rating– 10.2%
Krithi Karanth becomes first Indian woman to get ‘Wild Innovator Award’
- Dr Krithi K Karanth, Chief Conservation Scientist at Bengaluru-based Centre for Wildlife Studies (CWS), has been chosen as the first Indian and Asian woman for the 2021 ‘WILD Innovator Award’.
- This award given by the ‘WILD ELEMENTS Foundation’ brings together a coalition of innovators, advocates and partners to “disrupt the status quo and identify solutions to global sustainability and conservation.
- The Foundation’s distinctive approach to addressing climate change is the “Power of Three,” recognising the interconnectedness of animal kind, humankind, and plant kind for the future planetary wellness of our shared home.
India and Russia to establish ‘2+2 ministerial dialogue’ between foreign, defence ministers
- India and Russia announced the establishment of a new 2+2 dialogue at the foreign and defence minister level between the two countries.
- So far, India has this mechanism with only three countries, United States, Japan, and Australia. But what is significant is Russia is the first non-Quad member country with which New Delhi will now have this mechanism.
Note: About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
Australia to spend 747 million dollars for upgrading four defence bases to boost Indo-Pacific engagements
- Australia will invest 747 million dollars in upgrading four key military training areas and ranges in the Northern Territory to defend the country’s interests and support greater engagement with the Indo-Pacific neighbours and allies, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on 28th April, amid China’s increasing assertiveness in the region.
- The multi-million investment would upgrade four key training areas and ranges in the Northern Territory to enable the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to conduct simulated training exercises and remain battle-ready.
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian Dollar
29 April: International Dance Day
- The International Dance Day is observed globally on 29 April every year. The day celebrates the value and importance of the dance and encourages participation and education in this art form through events and festivals.
- Theme 2021: ‘Purpose of dance’.
Manoj Das, eminent Odia and English author, passes away at 87
- Manoj Das, a prolific Indian author who wrote in Odia and English language passed away on April 27, 2021.
- Manoj Das won Padma Shri in 2001, Padma Bhushan in 2020, Kendra Sahitya Akademi award in 1972 and Sahitya Akademi Award Fellowship in 2006.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|