Current Affairs 29th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Nagaland gets its 2nd railway station in 119 years
- North-east state Nagaland got its second railway station after a gap of more than 119 years with the commissioning of a new facility at Shokhuvi.
- Dimapur Railway Station, in the heart of the commercial hub of the state, was inaugurated in 1903.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio flagged off the Donyi Polo Express from Shokhuvi Railway Station during the day.
- The Donyi Polo Express ran daily between Guwahati in Assam and Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh. The train service has now been extended till Shokhuvi.
- Capital- Kohima
- Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
AirAsia India becomes the first Airline to use CAE’s AI Training System
- AirAsia India becomes the first airline to use CAE’s artificial intelligence-powered training system to train the airline’s pilots.
- CAE is the leading provider of pilot training solutions that are based on simultaneous technology.
- The training system, called CAE Rise, provides real-time data during pilots’ training sessions and analyses them to deliver higher quality training.
- The training system adopted by AirAsia is called the CAE Rise, which provides real-time data during pilot training sessions.
NITI Aayog to establish 500 Atal Tinkering Labs in Jammu and Kashmir
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) & NITI Aayog will establish more than 500 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in Jammu and Kashmir to nurture an innovative mindset among high school students.
- Objective – To create & promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
- The programmes of AIM cover 34 states & Union Territories with the goal of leveraging India’s demographic dividend by inspiring greater participation in the innovation ecosystem.
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India)
- Founded – 1st January 2015
- Preceding – Planning Commission (15th March 1950)
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairperson – Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson – Suman K Bery
- CEO – Parameswaran Iyer
- NITI Aayog comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
PM Modi inaugurated ‘Smriti Van’ Earthquake Memorial in Kutch, Gujarat
- PM Modi has inaugurated the Smriti Van memorial to celebrate the courage shown by people during the devastating 2001 earthquake in the Kutch region of Gujarat.
- Smriti Van is a tribute to the lost lives and the remarkable fighting spirit of the people of Kutch.
- The memorial has been built over nearly 470 acres to celebrate the spirit of resilience, following the death of 13,000 people during the 2001 earthquake which had its epicenter in Bhuj.
- He also inaugurated the 300m long ‘Atal Bridge’ for pedestrians across the Sabarmati River.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Banking and Financial
HDFC Property Ventures and HDFC Venture Cap to be merged with HDFC Capital Advisors
- India’s largest private sector mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corporation’s two wholly owned subsidiaries HDFC Property Ventures and HDFC Venture Capital have approved the plan to merge with another group subsidiary HDFC Capital Advisors.
- The combined platform will advise and manage around $4.1 billion of assets and this makes it the largest private equity firm in India.
- The proposed scheme of amalgamation envisages the merger of each of the transferor corporations with and into transferee firm HDFC Capital Advisors and the dissolution of the transferor corporations without being wound up.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman – Atanu Chakrabo
- Tagline – We understand your world
PNB to sell NPA account Apollo Distilleries & Breweries worth 40 cr
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has put up for sale its NPA account Apollo Distilleries & Breweries with loan outstanding of nearly Rs 44 crore due against the company.
- The bank invited asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) to put their bids for transferring the loan account of Apollo Distilleries & Breweries.
- Apollo Distilleries and Breweries is a subsidiary of Empee Distilleries Ltd (EDL) in Tamil Nadu.
- EDL is in the resolution process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC). The NCLT Chennai bench on January 20, 2020, approved the resolution plan submitted by one of the resolution applicants.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Founded – 12 April 1894
- Founder – Dyal Singh Majithia and Lala Lajpat Rai
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- MD & CEO – Atul Kumar Goel
- Tagline – The Name You can Bank Upon
- Punjab National Bank Merge – (Oriental Bank of Commerce & United Bank of India)
Appointment and Resignation
Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan appointed as whole-time member of SEBI
- The Union Government has appointed Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan (a professor at SP Jain Institute) as a whole-time member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- With this appointment, Gopalakrishnan becomes the fourth whole-time member of SEBI, which had been functioning with a vacancy for the position since November 2021.
- The other three whole-time members are S K Mohanty, Ananta Barua & Ashwani Bhatia.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Founded – 1988
- Act – 1992
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairman – Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI Set up – Uday Kotak committee
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
- Chirman of DRDO – Samir V. Kamat
- Non-executive directors of RBL Bank – Gopal Jain & Sivakumar Gopalan
- NDDB Chairman – Meenesh Shah (extend 6 months)
- CFO of Credit Suisse – Dixit Joshi
Karnataka’s Divita Rai becomes Miss Diva Universe 2022
- 23-year-old Divita Rai from Karnataka has won the prestigious title of Miss Diva Universe 2022.
- Rai was crowned by the reigning Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu, at a lavish ceremony that celebrated the 10th anniversary of the coveted pageant.
- Miss Universe 2000 Lara Dutta, Miss India 1964 Meher Castelino, Miss India 1980 Sangeeta Bijlani, and Miss India Universe 2004 Tanushree Dutta also made an appearance at the event.
- Liberty Medal 2022 – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Pulitzer Prize 2022 in Illustrated Reporting – Fahmida Azim (Bangladesh)
- Miss India USA 2022 – Indian Origin Aarya Walvekar (Virginia)
- First Indian psychologist on US Heritage Wall of Fame – Prof Ramadhar Singh
- ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award (the highest civilian honour of Ladakh) – Dalai Lama
India and USA joint exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ concluded in Himachal Pradesh
- The 13th edition of the 21-day India- USA Joint Exercise Vajra Prahar culminated at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
- The exercise was conducted in two phases, combat conditioning & validation of training.
- Exercise Vajra Prahar, with the US Special Forces, is significant in terms of security challenges faced by both nations in the backdrop of the current global situation.
- This annual exercise is hosted alternatively between India and the United States.
- The 12th edition was conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, Washington (US) in October 2021.
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
- The biennial Pacific Dragon ballistic missile defense exercise between the military of South Korea, the United States and Japan is being held from August 01 to August 14, 2022 off the coast of Hawaii.
- 4th Edition of India-Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ is scheduled to be held in Rajasthan at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
- 3rd India-Vietnam Bilateral Army Exercise “Ex VINBAX 2022” to begin at Chandimandir in Haryana.
- India-Japan conducted a Maritime Partnership exercise (MPX) in the Andaman Sea.
Rajnath Singh approved third Positive Indigenization List
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the third Positive Indigenization List of 780 strategically important Line Replacement Units, Sub-systems & Components.
- This list is in continuation to the two PILs of LRUs, sub-systems, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components that were published in December 2021 and March 2022.
- These lists contain 2,500 items that are already indigenized and 458 items which will be indigenized within the given timeline. Out of 458, 167 items have been indigenized.
- It will help to harness the design capabilities of the domestic defence industry & position India as a design leader in these technologies.
Neeraj Chopra won Lausanne Diamond League Meet title in Javelin throw
- Neeraj Chopra has won the javelin throw competition at the Lausanne Diamond League with a best throw of 89.08 meters.
- With this Neeraj became the first Indian to clinch the prestigious Diamond League Meet title.
- Neeraj has thus qualified for the Diamond League Finals, which will take place in Zurich, Switzerland on 7 & 8 September.
- He has also qualified for the 2023 World Championships.
James Anderson becomes most successful pacer in international cricket
- England’s James Anderson has become the first-ever fast bowler to complete 950 wickets in international cricket.
- He attained this historic feat on Day 3 of the second Test against South Africa.
- He broke the record of Australia’s Glenn McGrath (949 wickets).
- The most successful bowlers in international cricket are Sri Lankan spin wizard, Muttiah Muralitharan (1,347 wickets), late Aussie spin great Shane Warne (1,001 wickets) and Indian spin great Anil Kumble (956 wickets).
Max Verstappen won Belgian F1 Grand Prix 2022
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen has won the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez & Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz finished at second and third positions respectively.
- Verstappen has now won 9 of this season’s 14 races.
- It was his 71st podium finish & he collected 26 points from this race.
- Verstappen won the Belgian GP in 2021 as well
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix Monaco 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
Viktor Axelsen clinched 2022 BWF World Championships singles title
- Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen has clinched his second BWF World Championships men’s singles title after beating Kunlavut Vitidsarn from Thailand in Tokyo.
- The women’s singles title has been retained by Akane Yamaguchi from Japan. She has defeated China’s Olympic champion, Chen Yufei in the final.
- Men’s Double – Malaysia Aaron Chia; Malaysia Soh Wooi Yik
- Women’s Double – China Chen Qingchen; China Jia Yifan
- Mixed Double – China Zheng Siwei; China Huang Yaqiong
29 August – National Sports Day
- National Sports Day (Rashtriya Khel Divas) is observed annually on 29 August.
- The day commemorates the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand, the hockey wizard of India.
- Objective – Creating awareness about the need and benefits of incorporating sports and physical activities into our day to life.
- The day was first observed in 2012 as a tribute to Major Dhyanchand.
- Born on August 29, 1905, Major Dhyanchand went on to become one of the legends in the game of hockey. He started off his career with the British Indian Army regimental squad.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here