Current Affairs 29th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
7th Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban celebrated by MoHUA
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) organized a virtual event 24 to celebrate 7 years of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U). The event was presided by Shri Manoj Joshi, Secretary, MoHUA.
- PMAY-U was launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015. It is one of the largest urban housing programmes in the world.
- An e-Book encapsulating achievements of the Mission was then released by Secretary, MoHUA. The book takes the readers through the initiatives and reforms that have been undertaken by the Mission to transform the urban landscape of India and more importantly, the impact it has had on the lakhs of beneficiaries of PMAY-U, who are proud owners of a pucca house with all basic amenities.
- At the event, winners of Khushiyon Ka Aashiyana Short Film Contest were also declared. The contest was launched by MoHUA as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. It was open to PMAY-U beneficiaries, students, youths, civil society organisations, institutions and individual/groups above 18 years of age, during the period 1st July 2021 to 30th September 2021. The broad theme was ‘Transforming Human Lives in Urban Landscape’ through PMAY-U mission.
- In line with the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Housing for All’, With a total investment of ₹ 8.31 Lakh Crore PMAY-U has so far sanctioned 122.69 lakh, out of which more than 1 crore houses have been grounded and over 61 lakh houses have been completed and delivered to the beneficiaries. Owing to the construction work under PMAY-U, 423 Lakh MT Cement and 96 Lakh MT Steel have been consumed while 239 Lakh jobs have been created.
Artificial Intelligence will add USD 500 billion to India’s GDP by 2025: NASSCOM Report
- The adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and data utilization strategies can add USD 500 billion to India’s GDP by 2025, according to a report by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
- The AI adoption in 4 key sectors, BFSI, consumer packaged goods (CPG) and retail, healthcare, and industrials/automotive, can contribute 60% of the total $ 500 billion opportunity.
- The current rate of AI investments in India is growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.8% and poised to reach USD 881 million by 2023, it will still represent just 2.5% of the total global AI investments of USD 340 billion.
- For India to achieve its $1 trillion GDP goal by FY 2026-2027, it needs to have a strong correlation to the maturity of AI adoption. India currently is the second largest global hub in training and hiring AI talent.
- India currently is the second largest global hub in training and hiring AI talent.
About National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)
- Founded – 1988
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Krishnan Ramanujam
- President- Debjani Ghosh
G7 leaders launched USD 600 billion infrastructure plan for developing countries
- Group of Seven leaders pledged to raise USD 600 billion in private and public funds over five years to finance needed infrastructure in developing countries and counter China’s older, multi trillion-dollar Belt and Road project.
- This will boost help to give a boost to the economics of countries.
- Leaders of the Group of Seven (G7) began three days of talks in Germany’s Bavarian Alps.
- G7 members – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, USA, European Union.
- 1st – 1975 : France
- 47th – 2021 : United Kingdom
- 48th – 2022 : Germany
- 49th – 2023 : Japan
- 50th – 2024 : Italy
Banking and Financial
Mufin Finance received Prepaid Payment instrument license from RBI
- Mufin Finance, one of the leading NBFCs, has received in-principal RBI approval for issuance of semi-closed prepaid payment instruments.
- The PPI license ill allows digital banks, fintech firms and large consumer-facing applications to roll out features such as digital payment solutions for lending.
- Mufin Finance is the 4th NBFC to receive such a licence from the RBI, after leading brands such as Bajaj Finserve, Manapurram and Paul Merchants.
About Mufin Finance
- Founded – 2016
- Co-founder – Rajat Goyal
Appointment and Resignation
Akash Ambani appointed as Chairman of Reliance Jio
- The board of Reliance Jio Infocomm has approved the appointment of Akash Ambani (non-executive director of the company) as its chairman.
- The board had also approved the appointment of Raminder Singh Gujral and KV Choudhary, as additional directors of the company.
- The appointment of Pankaj Mohan Pawar as MD of Jio has also been approved.
- Chief of Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) – Samant Kumar Goel
- CEO of NITI Aayog – Parameswaren Iyer
- Advisory panel of Seri group (by RBI) – Venkat Nageswar Chalasani
- Acting President of IOA – Anil Khanna
- President of India International Centre – Shyam Sharan
Indian Start-up IG Drones won prestigious Airwards Best Drone Organization Awards by Airwards
- Delhi based, Drone enterprise platform company IG Drones has been felicitated with the “Best Drone Organization – Start-up Category” by Airwards for its approach of helping local communities.
- Airwards, is the first panoptic global awards programme of its kind dedicated to identifying, recognizing and championing the breadth of positive drone use cases from around the world which are innovative, safe and having a real-world impact.
- IG Drones is developing new technology-based disaster response and mitigate to increase the efficiency and efficacy of first responders’ aid in emergency response and catastrophe mapping.
SM Krishna, Narayana Murthy, Prakash Padukone selected for Kempegowda Award
- Former Karnataka Chief Minister S M Krishna, Infosys founder veteran N R Narayana Murthy, and Former Badminton player Prakash Padukone, have been selected for the Kempegowda International Award.
- The award presented on the 513th birth anniversary of Kempegowda, the architect of Bengaluru city, at Vidhana Soudha.
- The award carries a cash prize of ₹5 lakh along with a plaque. This award is given by Karnataka Government.
India successfully test-fired indigenously developed Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- The DRDO and the Indian Army successfully tested indigenously-developed anti-tank guided missile at KK range in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
- The anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) was successfully test fired from Arjun battle tank.
- The all-indigenous ATGM employs a tandem High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) protected armoured vehicles. The ATGM has been developed with multi-platform launch capability and is currently undergoing technical evaluation trials from 120 mm rifled gun of MBT Arjun.
Iran launched a solid-fueled rocket, Ziuljanah into space
- Iran has launched a solid-fuelled rocket named ‘Zuljanah’ into space. It is capable of carrying a payload or satellite of 220 kilograms, into the orbit situated at 500 kilometers above the Earth. It is launched by Transporter-Erector Launchers (TELs).
- This rocket has been named for Imam Hussein’s horse, who was the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad.
- It is the first indigenously designed and indigenously manufactured hybrid fuel satellite launch vehicle.
- Zuljanah is 5 meters in length. It has a mass of 52 tons.
Deepak Punia won bronze in U23 Asian Wrestling Championships 2022 in Bishkek
- Tokyo Olympian Deepak Punia won a bronze medal after defeating Maksat Satybaldy (Kyrgyzstan) in the 86kg freestyle weight category at the U23 Asian wrestling championships 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Despite a win, it was an unimpressive result from him as the Indian contingent was expecting a better outing from the world championships silver medalist in the tournament.
- In the opening two rounds, the 23-year-old Punia lost to eventual gold medallist Azizbek Fayzullaev of Uzbekistan and Nurtilek Karypbaev of Kyrgyzstan.
- India won 25 medals in all in the U23 meet in the event, including 10 gold medals. The eight-day continental championship concluded.
Navjeet Dhillon won the gold medal in discus throw at Qosanov Memorial 2022
- Indian women’s discus thrower Navjeet Dhillon clinched the gold medal at the Qosanov Memorial 2022 athletics meet in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- She won the women’s discus throw with a 56.24m effort. Karakhstan’s Karina Vasilyeva threw 44.61m and Uzbekistan’s Yulianna Shchukina threw 40.48m to win the silver and bronze medals in the event.
- In the men’s 400m race, Tokyo Olympian Muhammed Anas Yahiya came second to Kazakhstan’s Mixail Litvin (46.04s) with a timing of 46.27s.
- Overall, India won 14 medals on the day, including 7 gold medals.
29 June – International Day of the Tropics
- International Day of the Tropics is observed annually on June 29.
- Objective- To raise awareness about specific challenges faced by tropical regions across the world.
- On June 14th, 2016 the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution that declared June 29th as the International Day of the Tropics. The UN chose the date June 29th to mark the anniversary of the inaugural “State of Tropics Report.” The report was launched in 2014 by Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi from Myanmar (Burma).
29 June – National Statistics Day
- Every year, National Statistics Day is celebrated on June 29 in India to create public awareness among people about the importance of statistics in daily life and in process of planning and development.
- National Statistics Day commemorates renowned statistician Prof Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis for his contribution in the field of economic planning and statistics. It is also the birth anniversary of Prof PC Mahalanobis, the founder of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
- It was first celebrated on June 29, 2007 to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of Prof Mahalanobis in the fields of economic planning and statistical development. His birth anniversary was chosen as the National Statistics Day.
Olympic Medallist and Hockey World Cup winner Varinder Singh passed away
- Indian hockey stalwart and member of the gold medal winning 1975 World Cup team, Varinder Singh passed away. He was 75.
- Singh was part of the gold medal-winning Indian team at the 1975 men’s Hockey World Cup in Kuala Lumpur. Singh was also part of the bronze medal-winning team at the 1972 Munich Olympics and silver medal at 1973 World Cup in Amsterdam.
- In 2007, Varinder was conferred with the prestigious Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP