Current Affairs 29th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
1st ever Aharbal Festival held in J&K to promote tourism
- Kulgam district administration and the Department of Tourism, Jammu & Kashmir organized the 1st ever Aharbal Festival at Kulgam, J & K to promote tourism in Kashmir, particularly at the Aharbal waterfall.
- Aharbal falls, also known as “Niagara Falls” of Kashmir, is a hill station in the southwestern part of Kashmir Valley in the Jammu and Kashmir.
The department organized the 1st ever Lolab festival, a one-day festival at Chandigam Lolab in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, J&K, and Doodhpathri Festival, a 3-day tourism festival at Budgam, J&K, to promote Doodhpathri as an attractive tourist destination.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
Indian Oil, BPCL & HPCL launched Model Retail Outlet Scheme and Darpan@petrolpump
- Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) announced the launch of the Model Retail Outlet Scheme and a Digital Customer Feedback Program called Darpan @ petrolpump.
- Three oil PSUs have joined hands to launch Model Retail Outlets to enhance service standards and amenities, across their networks. The initiative was inaugurated by Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri.
About Indian Oil:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Jitendra Singh virtually chaired the 9th BRICS Science & Technology Ministers Meeting
- Minister of State (MoS)-Independent Charge, Dr. Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) virtually chaired the 9th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Science & Technology Ministers Meeting.
- The Indian side called to improve the ranking of BRICS in the Global Innovation Index by strengthening cooperation in the field of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI).
- In this regard, all the member states have adopted the BRICS innovation Action Plan 2021-24, BRICS STI Declaration 2021, and Calendar of BRICS STI Activities 2022 which will act as a roadmap for cooperation.
- Founded: June 2006
- Members: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa
- 2021 Host: India
- Theme 2021: ‘BRICS @ 15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus’
WHO named new COVID-19 Strain B.1.1.529 as ‘Omicron’
- World Health Organisation (WHO) has designated the new, fast-spreading coronavirus variant, B.1.1.529, which was detected in South Africa named “Omicron” after a letter in the Greek alphabet, as ‘Variant of Concern (VOC)’.
- Currently designated VOCs are, Alpha (B.1.1.7), Beta (B.1.351), Gamma (P.1), Delta (B.1.617.2), and Omicron (B.1.1.529).
- 1.1.529 variant was first reported from South Africa on 24th November 2021 and the first known confirmed B.1.1.529 infection was from a specimen collected on 9 November 2021.
About World Health Organization (WHO):
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
Banking and Financial
HSBC India launched India’s 1st Credit Card made from Recycled PVC Plastic
- HSBC India launched India’s 1st credit card made from recycled PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) plastic. The cards have been introduced in partnership with global cards manufacturer IDEMIA to gradually eliminate single-use PVC plastic.
- The cards are made from 85 percent recycled plastic and each card will save 3.18gm of plastic waste in addition to helping lower overall carbon emission.
- The card was launched as a part of a new program launched by HSBC Group to introduce sustainable cards across all its global locations to support its global commitments to sustainability and a net-zero in its operations by 2030.
About HSBC India:
- Founded: 1853
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Hitendra Dave
ESAF Small Finance Bank launched Electric Vehicle Loan Scheme ‘Go Green’
- The ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited has announced the latest ‘ESAF Go Green’ range of electric vehicle loan schemes that coincides with the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26).
- ‘ESAF Go green’ loans are available at a low-interest rates, zero foreclosure charges, minimal processing fee, and zero documentation charges. ESAF Go green loans validate bank’s social business strategy seeking a triple bottom line impact; people; planet; and prosperity.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank:
- Founded: 10 March 2017
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Kadambelil Paul Thomas
Appointment and Resignation
Vivek Johri appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
- Senior bureaucrat Vivek Johri has been appointed as the chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) with effect from 30th September 2021
- He is a 1985-batch IRS (Customs and Indirect Taxes) officer and is currently working as a member in CBIC. He succeeded M Ajit Kumar, who will complete his tenure on 30th September 2021.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC):
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Formed: 26 January 1944
UAE’s Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi elected as President of INTERPOL
- The International Criminal Police Organization(INTERPOL) elected Inspector General Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi (United Arab Emirates) as its President for a 4-year term at the 89th Interpol general assembly meeting held in Istanbul, Turkey.
- He replaces Kim Jong Yan from South Korea. India’s Central Bureau of Investigation special director Praveen Sinha was elected as the delegate for Asia in the Executive Panel/committee of the Interpol.
- Formed: 1923
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- President: Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi
- Member states:195
- Secretary-General: Jürgen Stock
- Motto: connecting police for a safer world
Harshwanti Bisht became first woman president of Indian Mountaineering Foundation
- Noted mountaineer from Uttarakhand Harshwanti Bisht has been elected the first woman president of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF). It is for the first time that a woman has been elected as the president of the IMF, which was founded in the year 1958.
- She scaled the Nanda Devi peak in 1981 which earned her the Arjuna award. She was also a member of an expedition team to Mount Everest in 1984.
About Indian Mountaineering Foundation:
- Founded: 1957
- Headquarters: Delhi, India
52nd International film festival of India concluded in Goa
The 52nd edition of IFFI in Goa concluded. For the first time, the BRICS film festival was hosted alongside IFFI, OTT platforms participated and 75 creative young minds of cinema were felicitated at IFFI.
- Most friendly State for film shooting: Uttar Pradesh
- Silver Peacock for Best Actor (Male): Jitendra Bhikulal Joshi (Godavari)
- Best actor (female): Angela Molina (Paraguay) for Charlotte
- Best director: Vaclav Kadrnka (Czech Republic) for ‘Saving One Who Was Dead’
- Golden Peacock Award for Best Film: Japanese film Ring Wandering (Masakazu Kanyeko)
- The Special Jury award: Renata Carvalho (Brazil)
- Indian Film Personality of the Year Award: Prasoon Joshi
- Jury Special Mention for Debut Feature Film: The Wealth of the World
- Best Debut Feature Film of a Director: Director Mari Alessandrini’s Zahori
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Award Lingui: The Sacred Bonds
6th BRICS Film Festival Awards 2021 announced
- The sixth edition of the BRICS Film Festival was held alongside the 52nd International Film Festival of India in Panaji, Goa during Nov 20-28.
- South African Film ‘Barakat’ by Director Amy Jephta and Russian Film ‘The Sun above Me Never Sets’ by Director Lyubov Borisova shared the Best Film Award in the Sixth edition BRICS Film Festival.
- Brazilian filmmaker Lúcia Murat was awarded Best Director for her documentary ‘Ana’.
- Indian actor Dhanush won Best Actor (Male) for his role in ‘Asuran’.
- Brazilian actor Lara Boldorini honoured with Best Actor (Female) for her role in ‘On Wheels’.
- Jury Special Mention Award was presented to Director Yan Han for his film A Little Red Flower from China.
Book and Author
A book titled “Indian Innings: The Journey of Indian Cricket from 1947” authored by Ayaz Memon
- A book titled ‘Indian Innings: The Journey of Indian Cricket from 1947’ authored by Ayaz Memon released. It is an anthology of Indian Cricket and marked several insights of Indian cricket of the last 70 years.
- The book has covered the era of veteran cricketers K N Prabhu to P N Sundaresan and Dicky Rutnagar to Ramachandra Guha and Suresh Menon, those years of famous victories consist of experiences about World Cups, various Test cricket, etc.
- Wills Book of Excellence on One-Day Cricket
- Yuvraj Singh: Power Elegance
- M S Dhoni: Captain Cool
- Virat Kohli: Reliable Rebel
International Day for Women in Maritime will be observed on May 18 every year
- The International Maritime Organisation Council has decided to establish an International Day for Women in Maritime to be observed on May 18 every year.
- The observance will celebrate women in the industry, promote the recruitment, retention, and sustained employment of women in the male-dominated maritime sector.
29 November: International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is an UN-organized day held every year on November 29.
- The day aims to educate the public on the question of Palestine and support a peaceful settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It is observed to mark the anniversary of resolution 181, wherein the Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine on November 29, 1947.
Veteran Broadway composer & lyricist Stephen Sondheim passed away
- Veteran composer and lyricist Stephen Joshua Sondheim passed away at the age of 91 in Connecticut, United States (US).
- He received 8 Tony Awards, a Special Tony Award 2008 for lifetime achievement in the theatre. He also received a Pulitzer Prize (‘Sunday in the Park’), and an Academy Award for the song ‘Sooner or Later’. Also won several awards like eight Grammy Awards, Presidential Medal of Freedom 2015, etc.
- Famous albums: West Side Story (1961), Stavisky (2012)
- Songs: Finale (1970), No One Is Alone
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs