Current Affairs 2nd and 3rd April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Haryana govt launched crop insurance portal of ‘Mukhya Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana’
- The Haryana Agriculture Minister J P Dalal launched the portal of‘Mukhya Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana’ with an initial corpus of Rs 10 crore for the scheme.
- Under which the farmers will be compensated for the damage caused to their crops due to adverse weather and natural calamities.
- The scheme compensates a sum of Rs 30,000 per acre for vegetable and Spices and Rs 40,000 per acre for fruits, which will be compensated to the farmers upon claim via four categories such as 25 percent, 50 percent, 75 percent and 100 percent based on the survey.
- The farmers contribution will be only 5 percent of the insured amount i.e., Rs 750 per acre for vegetable and Spices and Rs 1000 per acre for fruits.
- The Scheme covers 21 crops – 14 vegetables, 2 spices, and 5 fruits. The scheme will be optional for all those farmers who will get registered under ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ (a web portal through which the problems of the farmers of the state will be resolved).
Recent Haryana Schemes:
- Matrushakti Udyamita Scheme
- Sahbhagita scheme
Mumbai International Cruise Terminal will be commissioned by July 2024
- The 1st of its kind, Mumbai International Cruise Terminal is expected to be commissioned by July 2024. It is the sea cruise terminal which will be coming up at BPX-Indira Dock in Maharashtra.
- It was announced by the Mumbai Port Authority on the occasion of completion of 7 years of Sagarmala project.
- It is built on an area of 4.15 lakh sq ft, the first-of-its-kind iconic sea cruise terminal in India, two cruise ships will be able to berth at a time on the dock. The terminal will have 22 elevators, 10 escalators and multi-storied car parking for 300 cars.
- The total project cost of Rs. 495 crores, however Rs. 303 crores will be incurred by Mumbai Port Authority and the remaining by private operators. The terminal will have a capacity of handling 200 ships and 1 million passengers per annum.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 extended by six months till September 30, 2022
- The present Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20, which is effective through March 31, 2022, has been extended until September 30, 2022, according to a notification from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
- Following the Covid-19 outbreak, the policy was first extended for a year, until the end of March 2020, and subsequently for another year, until September 30.
- The strategy lays out recommendations for boosting exports to boost economic growth and create jobs, as well as incentives under various programmes like Duty-Free Import Authorisation (DFIA) and Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG).
Manipur govt signed MoU with Samsung and Abhitech to set up Sports Digital Experience Centre in Imphal
- The Manipur state government has signed an MoU with Samsung Data System India Pvt Ltd and Abhitech IT Solutions Pvt Ltd for setting up a world-class “Sports Digital Experience Centre” as a domain of Manipur Olympian Park and Khuman Lampak Sports Complex.
- The MoU was exchanged in the presence of chief minister N Biren Singh at the cabinet hall of the Chief Minister’s Secretariat.
- With the setting up of the Digital Experience Centre, various achievements of Olympians from Manipur will be digitally displayed making the public aware about their achievements.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
India & Australia signed Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement
- India and Australia have signed an Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and Trade, Tourism and Investment Minister of Australia Dan Tehan signed this agreement.
- The agreement was signed in a virtual ceremony in the presence of PM Modi and the PM of Australia Scott Morrison. The agreement was finalized in a short span of time which showed that India and Australia share mutual trust.
- It will significantly enhance the bilateral trade in goods and services, create new employment opportunities, raise living standards and ensure the welfare of the peoples of the two countries.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
India will provide USD 1 million to BIMSTEC to increase operational budget
- Narendra Modi participated in and addressed the 5th BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) Summit hosted in virtual mode by Sri Lanka, the chair of BIMSTEC from September 2018 to March 2022.
- 2022 marks the 25th year of the establishment of BIMSTEC. At the conclusion of the Summit, Thailand took over as chair nation of BIMSTEC.
- While addressing the 5th BIMSTEC Summit, PM Modi announced that India will provide USD 1 million to the BIMSTEC secretariat to increase its operational budget.
- The announcement was made in the backdrop of making early progress on the proposal of the BIMSTEC Free Trade Agreement (FTA) to enhance mutual business.
- Theme of 5th BIMSTEC Summit: “Towards a Resilient Region, Prosperous Economies, Healthy People”.
About Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC):
- Founded: 6 June 1997
- Headquarters: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Members: 7
- Chairmanship: Sri Lanka (since September 2018)
- Secretary-General: Tenzin Lekphell (Bhutan)
ADB, HSBC India signed USD 100 Million partial guarantee program for MFI sector
- The Asian Development Bank and HSBC India have agreed to set up a USD 100 million partial guarantee program to help over 400,000 micro-borrowers and largely women-owned microenterprises across India.
- It is the ADB’s first partnership with HSBC, and under the terms of the agreement, an equivalent of USD 30 million in aggregate financing would be disbursed to three Microfinance Institutions(MFIs) in India by April 2022 to stimulate the partnership.
- The partial guarantee mechanism will help the MFIs access funding for on-lending activities, breaking the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and allowing them to expand operations.
- Since its inception in 2010, the ADB’s microfinance programme has granted over USD 1.8 billion in loans and helped mobilise USD 881 million in co-financing, benefiting microfinance borrowers, with 98% of them being women.
About HSBC India:
- Founded: 1853
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Hitendra Dave
UNFPA released ‘State of the World Population 2022: Seeing the Unseen’ report
- The United Nations Population Fund’s (UNFPA) has released a report titled ‘State of the World Population 2022: Seeing the Unseen: The case for action in the neglected crisis of unintended pregnancy’.The report shows that nearly half of all pregnancies were unintended.
- The report highlights over 60% of unintended pregnancies ended in abortion, with 45% of all abortions considered unsafe, causing 5-13% of all maternal deaths. USD 553 million per year in treatment costs is the cost of unsafe abortion in developing countries.
- In 1967, UNFPA was established. It is a sexual and reproductive health agency of the United Nations. In 1969, the UNFPA became operational and it works as a subsidiary under the UN General Assembly. Its earlier name was United Nations Fund for Population Activities and in 1987 it was renamed as United Nations Population Fund but retained the abbreviation ‘UNFPA.’
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA):
- Founded: 1969
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Head: Natalia Kanem
Banking and Financial
Dearness Allowance for central govt employees hiked by 3% to 34%
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved a hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners by 3% to 34%, over the existing rate of 31% of the Basic Pay/Pension.
- The hike announced will be effective from January 1, 2022, to compensate for the price rise. The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief would be 9,544.50 crore per annum.
- This increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.The hike will benefit about 47.68 lakh Central Government employees and 68.62 lakh, pensioners.
Govt kept interest rate of small savings schemes unchanged for Q1 of 2022-23
- The Ministry of Finance has decided to keep the interest rates unchanged on small savings schemes or post office schemes for the Quarter -1 of FY2022-23 (April-June 2022).
- The interest rates on the various instruments for April-June 2022 range from0 per cent to 7.6 per cent. It must be noted that the Government notifies the Interest rates for small savings schemes on a quarterly basis.
- This is the eighth consecutive quarterwhen the interest rates on small savings instruments remained unchanged.
Interest Rates for first Quarter (April-June) of 2022-23 are:
|Small Savings Instruments||Interest Rate For Apr-June 2022||Compounding frequency|
|One-year time deposit||5.5%||Quarterly|
|Two-year time deposit||5.5%||Quarterly|
|Three-year time deposit||5.5%||Quarterly|
|Five-year time deposit||6.7%||Quarterly|
|Five-year recurring deposit||5.8%||Quarterly|
|Senior Citizen Savings Scheme||7.4%||Quarterly and Paid|
|Monthly Income Account||6.6%||Monthly and Paid|
|National Savings Certificate||6.8%||Annually|
|Public Provident Fund Scheme||7.1%||Annually|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||6.9%||Annually|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme||7.6%||Annually|
UPI crossed 500 crore milestone in terms of volume in March
- The Unified Payments Interface (UPI)crossed the 500 crore mark in terms of volume in March 2022. It is close to touching the ₹10-lakh crore milestone in value terms in March this year.
- Around 56 crore payments have been processed by UPI in March amounting to Rs 9,60,581.66 crore. This data has been revealed by theNational Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- In February 2022, 452.74 crore transactions were processed by UPI that were worth Rs 8,26,843 crore. For FY 2021-22, the USD 1 trillion mark was crossed at Rs 84,17,572.48 crore payments. The 100-crore mark in terms of volume was crossed by UPI in October 2019.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
RBI extended the timeline for implementation of use of lockable cassettes in all ATMs till March 31, 2023
- The Reserve Bank of Indiahas decided to extend the deadline for banks to use lockable cassettes in their ATMs that can be swapped during cash replenishment by a year, till March 31, 2023.
- Earlier, the same was advised to be implemented covering at least one-third of ATMs operated by the banks every year, which was extended to March 2022.
- Previously, banks were expected to begin using lockable cassettes in a gradual way, with at least one-third of theirATMs protected by March 31, 2021. The deadline was later extended until March 31, 2022.
- Cassette Swap is lockable cassettes that are swapped at the time of cash replenishment in the ATMs. The framework for cassette swap was recommended by the Committee on Currency Movement chaired by K. Mohanty.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
IREDA sanctioned Rs 267 crores loan to BluSmart Mobility for electric cars
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited, IREDA has sanctioned a loan of over 267 crore rupees to start-up company BluSmart Mobility for the purchase of three thousand electric cars.
- IREDA is a Mini Ratna Company under the administrative control of the New and Renewable Energy Ministry. It is country’s leading financial institution dedicated to clean energy expansion.
- BluSmart company is working for India’s path to zero-emission mobility, improve the quality of lives of the driver-partners and continue to provide reliable ride-hailing service to the customers.
About Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA):
- Founded: 11 March 1987
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director: Pradip Kumar Das
Appointment and Resignation
Anthony Heredia appointed MD & CEO of Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund
- Anthony Herediawas appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Mahindra Manulife Investment Management Private Limited (Formerly known as Mahindra Asset Management Company Private Limited) with effect from 1st April 2022.
- He will succeed Ashutosh Bishnoi, who retired on 31st March 2022. Anthony Heredia has served as the CEO of BOI AXA Investment Managers Private Limited from August 2021 to February 2022.
- He has also served as the Director on the Board of the Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI).
- Mahindra Manulife Investment Management, formerly known as Mahindra Asset Management Company, acts as the investment manager of Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund which was earlier known as Mahindra Mutual Fund.
- In April 2020, Mahindra Finance divested a 49% stake in its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mahindra Manulife Investment Management to Manulife Investment Management of Singapore to form the 51:49 joint venture.
About Mahindra Manulife Investment Management Private Limited:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Anthony Heredia
Arunabha Ghosh appointed to High Level Expert Group on Net-Zero Emissions Commitments of Non-State Entities
- United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres appointed Arunabha Ghosh (India) to a High-Level Expert Group on the Net-Zero Emissions Commitments of Non-State Entities.
- Arunabha Ghosh is the CEO of the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), a climate and energy think tank. He has been appointed to the Government of India’s G20 Finance Track Advisory Group for India’s G20 Presidency in 2023. In 2021, he was appointed as Co-Chair of the T20 Task Force on climate and energy for Indonesia’s G20 2022
- The group was launched by Antonio Guterres on 31 March 2022. Dr Ghosh will be among three Asians (and the only South Asian) serving on the expert group.
- It will be chaired by former Canadian Minister of Environment and Climate Change,Catherine McKenna. The 16-member expert group comprises independent experts, drawn from different countries.
- Aim: To develop stronger and clearer standards for net-zero emissions pledges by non-state entities including businesses, investors, cities and regions and speed up their implementation.
S Raju appointed as DG of Geological Survey of India
- Dr S Raju has taken over as the Director-General of the Geological Survey of India (GSI) with effect from April 01, 2022.
- He succeeds S. Garkhalwho superannuated on March 31, 2022. Prior to this, Dr Raju was holding the post of Additional Director General and National Head, Mission-III & IV at GSI HQ.
- S. Raju joined the Geological Survey of India in 1988. With his expertise, he has supplemented in the geology of Tamil Nadu especially, establishing the metamorphic and techtono-magmatic history of the Satyamangalam Group of rocks.
About Geological Survey of India (GSI):
- Founded: 4 March 1851
- Founder: Thomas Oldham
- Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
India’s Aprajita Sharrma selected vice-chairperson of ITU Council Standing Committee on Administration and Management
- An Indian official has been selected as vice-chairperson of the International Telecommunication Union’s (ITU) Council Standing Committeeon Administration and Management, giving India a leadership position.
- Ms Aprajita Sharma, an IP&TAF Service officer, has been appointed vice-chair of the Standing Committee on Administration and Management at the International Telecommunication Union’s Council sessions in Geneva from March 21 to March 31, 2022.
- Aprajitawill continue to serve as vice-chairperson of the Council Standing Committee in 2023 and 2024, and as chairman in 2025 and 2026.
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU)is the United Nations’ information and communication specialised organisation. The Plenipotentiary Conference and the Administrative Council manage the ITU.
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU):
- Founded:17 May 1865
- Headquarters:Geneva, Switzerland
- Secretary General: Houlin Zhao
Bharat Dynamics Ltd signed MoU with Tawazun Economic Council, UAE in the field of defence
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and Tawazun Economic Council (TEC), United Arab Emirates (UAE), signed an MoUto explore new business opportunities in various areas of mutual interest in the field of defence.
- Both BDL and TEC will work together to identify different business opportunities and assess the viability and feasibility of jointly implementing them in the field of co-development, co-production, establishment of joint ventures, setting up of maintenance, repair, refurbishment, life extension facilities, supply of military products as well as licensed production.
- They will also explore the export possibility of the products to reach out to global demands.
About Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL):
- Founded: 1970
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, India
- Chairman & MD: Commodore Siddharth Mishra
Logo, mascot, jersey & anthem of Khelo India University Games 2021 launched
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur and Governor of Karnataka, TC Gehlot launched the logo, jersey, mascot, and anthem of the Khelo India University Games 2021 (KIUG 2021) on April 01, 2022, at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru.
- ‘Veera’ is the official mascot of the second Khelo India University Games.
- The theme song has been composed by Kannada rapper Chandan Shetty and Nikhil Joshi. The KIUG 2021 will be held in Karnataka between April 24 and May 3, 2022.
- This will be the second edition of KIUG. The first edition was hosted by Odisha in 2020. KIUG 2021 was postponed for 2022 due to the Covid crisis.
- The KIUG 2021 is indeed the first sporting event to introduce Yogasana and Mallakhamb in the competition category, among 20 sporting disciplines.
Book and Author
A new book “Crunch Time: Narendra Modi’s National Security Crises” authored by Sreeram Chaulia
- Dr Sreeram Chauliahas authored a new book titled “Crunch Time: Narendra Modi’s National Security Crises”.
- The book was released by Meenakshi Lekhi, Minister of State for External Affairs at the India International Centre in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The book highlights the much needed public faith in the state to protect the country from security threats posed by India’s external adversaries.
- The book analyses PM Modi’s series of decision-making moves during the crises with China and Pakistan.
Other Books of Sreeram Chaulia:
- People Who Influenced the World Over the Past 100 Years
- Modi Doctrine: The Foreign Policy of India’s Prime Minister
- Trumped: Emerging Powers in a Post-American World
- International Organizations and Civilian Protection: Power, Ideas and Humanitarian Aid in Conflict Zones
- Politics of the Global Economic Crisis: Regulation, Responsibility and Radicalism
2 April: International Children’s Book Day
- TheInternational Children’s Book Day is celebrated annually on the 2nd of April since 1967, by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY).
- IBBY is an international non-profit organization, to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- In 2022, Canada is hosting International Children’s Book Day with this chosen theme: “Stories are wings that help you soar every day”.
- Every year, a different international section of IBBY hosts a children’s books event on or around April 2 (which is the birthday of classic children’s book author Hans Christian Andersen).
About International Board on Books for Young People:
- Founder: Jella Lepman
- Founded: 1953, Zürich, Switzerland
- Headquarters: Basel, Switzerland
2 April: World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on 2 April by the member states of the United Nations.
- The day is observed to raise awareness among its citizens about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder throughout the world.
- World Autism Awareness Day is organized by the UN Department of Global Communications and UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs,with the support of civil society partners including the Autistic Self Advocacy Network, the Global Autism Project and the Specialisterne Foundation.
- The United Nations General Assembly designated a resolution (A/RES/62/139). The council passed ‘World Autism Awareness Day’ on November 1, 2007, and adopted it on December 18, 2007.
- The very first World Autism Day was observed in the year2008 on April 2. World Autism Day is one of only seven official health-specific UN Days.
- Theme 2022” “Inclusive Quality Education for All”.
About World Autism Organisation:
- Founded: 1998
- President: Dr Samira Al Saad
- Founded: Luxembourg
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP