Current Affairs 2nd August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Reliance, Ola and Rajesh Exports signed an agreement for battery manufacturing
- The Ministry of Heavy Industries has signed contracts with three companies under the Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for advanced chemistry cell (ACC) battery storage.
- The companies are Reliance New Energy Ltd, Ola Electric Mobility Pvt Ltd and Rajesh Exports. The three selected companies would receive incentives under this Rs 18,100 crore programme.
- The companies are expected to create battery manufacturing capacity of about 95-gigawatt hour.
- The scheme would be favorable to the electric vehicle ecosystem and the energy storage market, as it would support the demand for EVs and renewables and attract investment in this sector.
- A total of 10 companies with manufacturing capacity of 128-Gigawatt Hour GWh had raised bids under the PLI scheme of ACC battery storage. The manufacturing plant would have to be set up within a period of two years and the incentive will be disbursed thereafter over a period of five years on sale of batteries manufactured in India.
- Beneficiary firms are free to choose suitable advanced technology and the corresponding plant and machinery, raw material, and other intermediate goods for setting up their manufacturing facility.
Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated Badi Sadri-Mavli gauge converted rail section
- Union Rail Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has inaugurated the Badi Sadri-Mavli gauge converted rail section.
- He flagged off Badi Sadri-Udaipur City daily special and Rewa-Udaipur City weekly special and Siuri-Sealdah MEMU train virtually in the program organized at Badi Sadri in Chittorgarh Rajasthan.
- Union Rail Minister, Ashwini Vaishnaw has inaugurated the Badi Sadri-Mavli gauge converted rail section.
- The railway stations that are currently in the redevelopment phase are being built with a plan keeping in mind the next 50 years.
Karnataka government announced various welfare programmes on completing one year
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai has announced various welfare programmes on the occasion of his government completing one year in office.
- Vidyanidhi Programme: This provides scholarship from Rs 2,500 to Rs 11,000 to the children of farmers, weavers, taxi drivers and fishermen, who studying in 11th class.
- Swami Vivekananda Yuva Sangha will be started in 28,000 villages and training will be given to the youths for them to evolve into entrepreneurs and five Engineering colleges will be upgraded to the standards followed by IITs.
- Around 25 lakh SC and ST families will be provided free power supply up to 75 units, four lakh houses for the poor will be built by this December, 107 Taluks considered backward in health and 94 Taluks declared backward in education will be given additional funds that are earmarked for the aspirational districts.
- The Chief Minister also announced that 8,000 classrooms will be built and 100 Primary Health Centres will be upgraded.
Banking and Financial
GST collection for July 2022 second highest ever at Rs 1.49 lakh crore
- GST collection has risen 28 percent to touch the second-highest level of Rs 1.49 lakh crore in July on the back of economic recovery and steps taken to curb tax evasion.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection stood at Rs 1,16,393 crore in the same month a year ago.
- GST, introduced in July 2017, touched a record high of Rs 1.68 lakh crore in April 2022.
- This is the sixth time that the monthly GST collection crossed the Rs 1.40-lakh-crore mark since the inception of GST and fifth month at a stretch since March 2022.
- In July, revenues from import of goods were 48 percent higher and the revenues from domestic transactions (including import of services) were 22 percent higher than the revenues from these sources during the same month last year.
- Of the Rs 1,48,995 crore GST collected in July, Central GST is Rs 25,751 crore, State GST is Rs 32,807 crore, Integrated GST is Rs 79,518 crore (including Rs 41,420 crore collected on import of goods) and cess is Rs 10,920 crore (including Rs 995 crore collected on import of goods).
GST Collection of Previous Months in 2022
- January – 1,40,986 crore
- February – 1,33,026 crore
- March – 1,42,095 crore
- April – 1,67,540 crore
- May – 1,40,885 crore
- June – 1,44,616 crore
- July – 1,48,995 crore
Appointment and Resignation
Satyendra Prakash appointed as Principal DG of PIB
- Satyendra Prakash has been appointed as Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau (PIB). He is an Indian Information Service officer of the 1988 batch.
- He succeeded Jaideep Bhatnagar who superannuated on 31 July 2022.
- Prior to this, Prakash held the position of Principal DG, Central Bureau of Communication.
- In a career spanning over three decades, Prakash has served in various capacities in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, including as Additional Director General, News & Current Affairs in Doordarshan, and Director (Media), Ministry of Communications & IT, and Ministry of Civil Aviation in the Press Information Bureau.
- MD & CEO of NSE – Ashishkumar Chauhan
- New CEO of Vodafone Idea – Akshaya Moondra
- Interim CEO of NLMC – Sanjay Kumar Jain
- Additional Independent Director of YES Bank – Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
- IAPH appointed as its representative in India – Ennarasu Karunesan
India and Oman joint military exercise AL NAJAH-IV commenced in Rajasthan
- The joint military Exercise “AL NAJAH -IV” between contingents of the Indian Army and the Royal Army of Oman has been started at the Mahajan Field Firing Range in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- A 60-member team from the Royal Army of Oman has arrived at the site of the exercise.
- The joint military exercise aims to enhance the level of bilateral defence cooperation.
- The Indian Army will be represented at the exercise by troops from the 18 Mechanised Infantry Battalion.
- The previous edition of the exercise was organized in Muscat in March 2019.
Third edition of Vietnam – India army exercise ‘Ex VINBAX 2022’ started at Chandimandir Haryana
- The third edition of Vietnam-India bilateral army exercise ‘ExVINBAX 2022’ has started at Chandimandir in Haryana till 20th August.
- Objective – To strengthen the bilateral relations between India and Vietnam.
- Theme 2022 – Employment and deployment of an Engineer Company and a Medical Team as part of United Nations Contingent for Peace Keeping Operations.
- The 3rd edition of joint Indo-Vietnam army exercise is focused on training exercises with enhanced scope from previous editions of bilateral exercise. It will strengthen mutual confidence, inter-operability and enable sharing of best practices between the Indian Army and Vietnam People’s Army.
- Indian Army General Chief – General Manoj Pande
- Indian Army participates in a multinational exercise “Ex Khaan Quest 2022” where 16 other countries also took part in Mongolia.
- India-Bangladesh bilateral defence cooperation, a joint military training exercise Ex SAMPRITI-X is being conducted at Jashore Military Station in Bangladesh from 05 June to 16 June 2022.
- Third edition of Indian Navy – Bangladesh Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Bongosagar’ commenced at Port Mongla, Bangladesh.
- 4th edition of India-Bangladesh Navy Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) commenced in the northern Bay of Bengal.
- Trishakti Corps conducts EX KRIPAN SHAKTI in Siliguri, West Bengal
India and France Navies conducted exercise in the Atlantic Ocean
- The Indian Navy’s guided-missile frigate INS Tarkash (while on her long-range overseas deployment) has conducted a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) with French naval ships in the North Atlantic Ocean.
- Replenishment at sea was exercised between Tarkash and the French Fleet Tanker FNS Somme.
- This was followed by joint air operations with the maritime surveillance aircraft Falcon 50 participating in multiple simulated missile engagements and air defence drills.
- The successful conduct of these surface and aerial exercises symbolizes the high degree of professionalism and interoperability that exists between the two navies.
Indian Air Force will retire all squadrons of MiG-21 by 2025
- The Indian Air Force will retire one of its four remaining squadrons, MiG-21 (Russian combat aircraft) fighter jets by 2022 September and other three scheduled to be phased out by 2025.
- The old MiG-21s will be replaced with newer fighter jets.
- Six MiG-21s have been lost in crashes in the last 20 months, killing five pilots.
- The MiG-21s were supposed to be retired a long time ago but delays in induction of the LCA Tejas aircraft have forced the IAF to continue flying these planes.
- The air force received its first single-engine MiG-21 in 1963.
- The fighter jet has been participated in many operations like Safed Sagar (Kargil, 1999), operation of India in Pakistan in February 2019.
England defeated Germany to win Women’s European Championship 2022
- England has defeated Germany by 2-1 in the final of the European Championship to win its first major women’s soccer title at Wembley Stadium.
- Chloe Kelly (England) gave 2-1 win over Germany in the Women’s European Championship final to claim their first-ever major title in front of a record crowd on home soil.
- England coach, Sarina Wiegman made history by becoming the first manager to win the Euros with two separate teams (England and Netherlands).
Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Razia Dhillon won gold in each shooting meet
- Olympic medallists, Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Raiza Dhillon have claimed gold medals in men’s and women’s skeet events respectively in the inaugural Digvijay Singh Memorial Shooting Championship (Shotgun).
- Arjun Thakur of Madhya Pradesh has silver position and Gurjoat Singh from Punjab has settled for bronze in Men’s category.
- Dhillon has bagged double gold after winning the Junior Women’s Skeet competition over Parinaaz Dhaliwal from Punjab.
- Mairaj, who had become the first Indian to win skeet gold at the ISSF World Cup earlier this month, shot 115 in qualification to claim the sixth spot and just about made it to the semi-finals stage among the top eight shooters.
1-7 August 2022 – World Breastfeeding Week
- World Breastfeeding Week 2022 is being observed from 1-7 August.
- In order to support and encourage breastfeeding, WHO and United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) created a memorandum in 1990.
- Following this, the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) was established in 1991.
- The inaugural World Breastfeeding Week was observed in 1992.
- Initially, around 70 countries used to commemorate the week, while now, it is celebrated by 170 countries.
1 August – World Wide Web Day
- World Wide Web Day is observed on the 1st of August every year.
- It is an annual event that celebrates the history, development, and worldwide impact of the World Wide Web (WWW).
- The WWW was created by English computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee in 1989 in Switzerland.
- He developed the essentials of the web like HTTP, HTML, the World Wide Web browser, a server, and the first website.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs