Current Affairs 2nd December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Hornbill Festival celebrated in Naga Heritage village Kisama, Nagaland
- The biggest cultural extravaganza of Nagaland, the Hornbill Festival has kicked off with colorful renditions of traditional music, dances, and contemporary in one roof at Naga Heritage village Kisama.
- It is the 22nd edition of the Hornbill festival and will be celebrated in 6 districts of Nagaland. It was held for the first time in
- The opening ceremony culminated with the flight of the Hornbill- A musical presentation by Task Force for Music and Arts Nagaland.
Popular Festivals of Nagaland:
- Hornbill festival
- Moatsu festival
- Ngada festival
- Monyu festival
- Aoleng Festival
Walmart & Flipkart signed an MoU with MP govt to train and support MSMEs
- Walmart and its subsidiary Flipkart have signed an MoU with the Department of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, Government of Madhya Pradesh to create an ecosystem of capacity building for MSMEs in Madhya Pradesh.
- Under this MoU, Walmart, Flipkart, and MSME Department will assist MSMEs to digitize their business and enable them to sell their products through online retail.
- This initiative comes under the Walmart Vriddhi Supplier Development Programme (Walmart Vriddhi), delivered by knowledge partner Swasti, which aims to train around 50000 Indian MSMEs with business skills to become successful as suppliers to Walmart, sellers on global marketplace platforms like Flipkart.
- Under this programme, Walmart and Flipkart have partnered with various states including Haryana and Tamil Nadu.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
India joined the G20 ‘Troika’ with Indonesia and Italy
- India has joined ‘G20 Troika’ and will work closely with Indonesia and Italy to ensure consistency and continuity of G20’s agenda.
- Apart from India, Troika consists of Indonesia and Italy. India will assume G20 Presidency in December 2022 from Indonesia and will convene the G20 Leaders’ Summit for the first time in 2023.
- Troika refers to the top grouping within G20 that consists of the current, previous, and incoming presidencies – Italy (December 2020-2021); Indonesia (December 2021-2022); India (December 2022-2023).
- The theme for G20 Leaders’ Summit 2022: “Recover Together, Recover Stronger”.
About Group of Twenty (G20):
- Established: 1999
- Members: 20 (19 countries + European Union)
EIU’s Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2021: Tel Aviv, Israel ranked 1st
- According to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2021, Tel Aviv, Israel has become the most expensive city in the world to live in 2021, pushing Paris, France, and Singapore jointly to occupy the second spot with Zurich and Hong Kong at the fourth and fifth spots respectively.
- Syria’s Damascus was ranked as the world’s cheapest city. The Worldwide Cost of Living Index examines the cost of living in 173 cities and measures impactful global events that are conducted twice a year.
Top 10 most expensive cities:
|1||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|5||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|6||New York, United States|
|9||Los Angeles, United States|
About Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU):
- Founded: 1946
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Global Chief Economist, Managing Director (Asia): Simon Baptist
Banking and Financial
Govt approved continuation of Scheme for Investment Promotion (SIP) for 5 Years
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has approved the continuation of the Scheme for Investment Promotion (SIP) for five years from 2021-22 till 2025-26 with a financial outlay of Rs 970 crore.
- SIP is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, launched on 11th November 2008, to promote Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into India.
- Implementing Agency – Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The scheme comprises a number of components and activities that enhance international cooperation for promoting investments through FDI and capacity building in India.
Appointment and Resignation
RBI superseded Reliance Capital board; appointed Nageswar Rao as administrator
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) superseded the Board of Directors of Reliance Capital Ltd (RCL), a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), by exercising its power conferred under Section 45-IE (1) of the RBI Act, 1934. RCL is promoted by Anil Dhirubhai Ambani’s Reliance Group.
- In this regard, the apex bank has appointed Nageswar Rao Y (Ex-Executive Director, Bank of Maharashtra) as the Administrator of the company under Section 45-IE (2) of the RBI Act.
- The reason behind this is the defaults made by RCL for various debt obligations payments and serious governance concerns.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Manoj Kumar Mago appointed as Commandant of National Defence College
- Lt General Manoj Kumar Mago took charge as the 34th Commandant of National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi. He succeeded Air Marshal D Choudhury, who superannuated on November 30, 2021.
- Lt Gen Mago, who passed out of Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, was commissioned into the 7th Battalion of the Brigade of Guards in 1984. He later commanded 16 Guards.
Smriti Mandhana appointed as Brand Ambassador of GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup
- GUVI, an Indian Institute of Technology Madrasincubated startup, has signed Indian Women’s cricketer Smriti Mandhana as its brand ambassador.
- As the brand ambassador of GUVI, Smriti Mandhana will be the face of GUVI and feature across the online campaigns of GUVI aimed to strengthen the importance and scope of technological education & information technology (IT) skills.
- GUVI is India’s first vernacular Ed-tech Startup to impart tech & programming skills to individuals in their preferred native languages (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi & Many other Indian Languages).
Note: List of brand ambassadors
- Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme: Daniel Brühl
- ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’: Lovlina Borgohain
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
- TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav: MC Mary Kom
- Maharashtra COVID vaccination ambassador: Salman Khan
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
Bihar won Gold Medal Award at 40th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2021
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal inaugurated the 40th edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2021 at Pragati Maidan in Delhi
- It was organized by the India Trade Promotion Organisation with ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ as the theme and to further promote the idea of ‘Vocal for Local’.
The Bihar pavilion won the 6th gold medal by showcasing the state’s art and cultural richness through handicrafts like Madhubani, Manjusha arts, terracotta, handlooms, and other indigenous products of the state at IITF 2021.
- Piyush Goyal listed five pillars of India as Economy, Exports, Infrastructure, Demand, and Diversity.
- Bihar is the partner state for the 40th IITF and the focus states are Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- Capital: Patna
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
V Praveen Rao won 7th Dr. M S Swaminathan Award for 2017-19
- V Praveen Rao, Vice-Chancellor of Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) wins the 7th Dr. M S Swaminathan Award for the period 2017-19.
- It is a biennial national award that was presented by the Retired ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) Employees Association (RICAREA) and Nuziveedu Seeds Limited. It carries a cash prize of INR 2 lakh and a citation.
- The Selection Committee, headed by former ICAR Director-General, RS Paroda has decided to select V Praveen Rao for the award recognizing his contributions in the fields of ‘agricultural research, teaching, extension, and administration’.
Book and Author
‘Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’ by Dinyar Patel won NIF Book Prize 2021
- A biography titled ‘Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’, authored by Dinyar Patel and published by Harvard University Press selected as the winner of the 4th Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF (New India Foundation) Book Prize 2021.
- The book marked the life events and legacy of Dada Bhai Naoroji. It also contains the historical background of India’s National Movement during the 19th century.
- Previous winners of the prize are Milan Vaishnav (2018), Ornit Shani (2019), and Amit Ahuja and Jairam Ramesh (jointly, 2020).
- The NIF Book prize is given for the high-quality non-fiction literature on modern and contemporary India and carries a cash award of INR 15 lakh and a citation.
2 December: National Pollution Control Day
- National Pollution Control Day is observed on 2nd December every year. The main objective of this day is to educate the people and to make them aware of pollution control acts and industrial disasters.
- The day is observed in the memory of people who lost their lives in the Bhopal gas disaster. The industrial accident occurred in 1984 when the gas Methyl Isocyanate leaked on the night of December 2–3 and killed thousands.
2 December: International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- 2 December marks the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery. The day commemorates the brutal history of slavery practiced by colonial rulers of past centuries and aims to eradicate modern forms of slavery, such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, child labor, etc.
- The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery marks the date of the adoption, by the General Assembly, of the United Nations Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others (resolution 317(IV) of 2 December 1949).
- Theme 2021: “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”
2 December: World Computer Literacy Day
- World Computer Literacy Day is observed on 2nd December every year all over the world. The day is celebrated as the world computer literacy day to create awareness and drive digital literacy in underserved communities worldwide.
- The day was originally founded by the Indian computer company NIIT to mark its 20th anniversary in 2001. World Computer Literacy Day was first observed and held in the year 2001 on 2nd December.
Padma Shri awardee Telugu film lyricist ‘Sirivennela’ Seetharama Sastry passed away
- The renowned Telugu film lyricist and Padma Shri awardee ‘Sirivennela’ Chembolu Seetharama Sastry passed away at the age of 66 years in Hyderabad Telangana.
- In 1986 the movie ‘Sirivennela’ directed by K Viswanath made him famous and which also gave him a second name as ‘Sirivennela’ Seetharama Sastry.
- He won “Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist- Telugu”, “Padma Shri (2019)”, and ‘Nandi Awards’ several times. He got the first ‘Nandi Award for best lyricist’ for ‘Sirivennela’, presented by the Andhra Pradesh state government.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs