Daily GK Update 2 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
EAM Jaishankar to chair BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting
- India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will chair a BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting virtually on June 1, 2021.
- The leaders from Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa of the BRICS group will deliberate on the ways to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, global and regional issues of concern, sustainable development, and terrorism, mentioned a press release from External Affairs Ministry.
WHO names Covid-19 variants found in India as ‘Kappa’ (B.1.617.1) and ‘Delta’ (B.1.617.2)
- The B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2 variants of COVID-19, first identified in India, have been named as ‘Kappa’ and ‘Delta’ respectively, the World Health Organisation (WHO) announced on 1st June as it named various variants of the coronavirus using Greek alphabets.
- The UN health agency named the B.1.617.1 variant of the COVID-19 as ‘Kappa’ while the B1.617.2 variant was dubbed ‘Delta’. Both the variants were first found in India.
Note: About WHO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Head: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Banking & Financial
RBI cancels licence of Pune-based cooperative bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Shivajirao Bhosale Sahakari Bank, Pune as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. “Consequently, the bank ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from the close of business on May 31, 2021.
- The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. As such, it does not comply with the provisions of section 11(1) and section 22 (3) (d) read with section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- The bank has failed to comply with the requirements of section 22(3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d) and 22(3)(e) read with section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Lieutenant General Pradeep Chandran Nair takes charge as DG of Assam Rifles
- Nair is the 21st Director General of the Assam Rifles (popularly known as Sentinels of the North-East).
- He has rich experience of Assam Rifles and the North East, having earlier been an Inspector General and a Company Commander in Assam Rifles, besides having commanded Assam Rifles battalions as a Brigade Commander.
JB Mohapatra Gets Additional Charge Of Tax Body CBTD Chairman
- JB Mohapatra, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, was given the additional charge as Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) chairman after the extended tenure of incumbent PC Mody ended.
- Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra, member CBDT, shall discharge the duties and responsibilities of the post of chairman, CBDT, in addition to his own duties for a period of three months or till appointment of a regular chairman, whichever is earlier.”
CII elects Tata Steel CEO and MD T V Narendran as its new president
- Industry chamber Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 1st June announced it has elected T V Narendran, CEO and MD, Tata Steel, as its new president for 2021-22. He takes over from Uday Kotak, Managing Director, and Chief Executive Officer, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Narendran “has assumed office as the President of CII for 2021-22,” it said. In a statement, it said that Narendran has been engaged with CII for many years at the state, regional and national level.
Justice Arun Mishra takes charge as NHRC chief
- Former Supreme Court judge Justice Arun Mishra took office as Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on 2nd May. He had retired from the apex court on September 3 last year.
- Appointed as a Supreme Court judge in 2014, Justice Mishra had been the Chief Justice of Rajasthan and Calcutta High Courts. As chairperson of NHRC, his tenure will be for five years or till he attains the age of 70, whichever is earlier.
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI– S Ramann
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- ISRO- K.Sivan
- UIDAI- Saurabh Garg
- FICCI (President)- Uday Shankar
Vice-Admiral Ravneet Singh assumes charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice-Admiral Ravneet Singh assumed charge as the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff. He is Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Nausena Medal (NM) holder.
- He relieves Vice Admiral MS Pawar, a Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM), AVSM, Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) holder, who superannuated on May 31.
Note: About Indian Army head
- Chiefs of Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Air Staff: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of Navy Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh
Asian Boxing Championships
- Sanjeet (91kg) fetched the lone gold among Indian men boxers with a stunning triumph over Kazakhstan’s Olympic-medallist Vassiliy Levit even as defending champion Amit Panghal (52kg) and Shiva Thapa (64kg) settled for silver medals in the Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai on 1st May.
- With 15 medals in this edition, India surpassed its previous best-ever show at this Championship, achieved in 2019, when the country secured 13 medals in all, including two gold medals.
2nd June: International Sex Workers’ Day
- International Sex Workers’ Day which is observed on 2nd June annually. The day honours and recognises the exploited working conditions of sex workers. Sometimes people don’t behave properly with sex workers and they face violence too. Therefore, the day teaches to respect them.
- 2nd June, every year, NSWP focuses on the theme of Access to Justice when commemorating International Sex Workers’ Day.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|