Current Affairs 2nd November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah launched “Dairy Sahakar” scheme in Gujarat
- The Union Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah has launched the “Dairy Sahakar” scheme at Anand, Gujarat during a function organized by Amul to celebrate the 75th Foundation Year of AMUL (Anand Milk Union Limited).
- With a total investment of Rs 5000 crores, the scheme will be implemented by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) under the Ministry of Cooperation to realize the vision, “from cooperation to prosperity”.
- Under the scheme, financial support will be extended by NCDC to eligible cooperatives for various activities within the overall objectives of Doubling the farmers’ income and Atmanirbhar Bharat.
About Ministry of Cooperation:
- Union Minister: Amit Shah (Constituency: Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
- Minister of State (MoS): BL Verma
Haryana CM launched ‘Uttam Beej portal’
- Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister (CM) of Haryana, has launched the ‘Uttam Beej portal’ which will benefit the farmers of Haryana by providing quality seeds with transparency.
- The portal will provide transparency in the seed production programme arranged by both the Government and private seed producing agencies and ensure the quality of certified seeds.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
National Tribal Dance Festival 2021 held in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh observed a 3-day annual 2nd National Tribal Dance Festival 2021 on October 28-30 at Raipur’s Science College ground as a part of the tourism development plan of the state.
- It was inaugurated by the Chief Minister (CM) of Jharkhand Hemant Soren and CM of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel. This year’s event was clubbed with Chattisgarh’s Rajyotsava (state foundation day- November 1, 2021).
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
5 Popular Festivals of Chhattisgarh:
- Bastar Dussehra
- Bhoramdeo Mahotsav Festival
- Rajim Kumbh Mela
- Madai Festival
- Kajari Festival
Gujarat launched ‘e-Sarkar app’ for Paperless Administration
- On October 31, 2021, the Gujarat government launched the ‘e-Sarkar’ app on a pilot basis to make administrative works paperless, quick and easy for citizens.
- The state govt plans to launch the app on a full scale on December 25, 2021, the same day on which India celebrates Good Governance Day. Good Governance Day is celebrated annually on 25th December to mark the birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The e-Sarkar app was formed by combining the latest technology along with the existing IWDMS (Integrated Workflow and Document Management System) app, which was launched by the Gujarat government in 2005 for administrative purposes.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
PM Modi participated in G20 Leaders’ 16th Summit in Italy
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Italy and participated in the 16th G20 (Group of Twenty) Leaders’ Summit, which was held in Rome, Italy from October 30 to 31, 2021 under the chairmanship of Italian PM Mario Draghi.
- Summit concluded with the adoption of the Rome Declaration by G20 Leaders.
- The G20 committed to the Paris Agreement goal to hold the global average temperature increase well below 2°C and to pursue efforts to limit it to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
- The theme of the summit: People, Planet, and Prosperity
- Agenda: Climate change, economic recovery, pandemic and global minimum corporate tax rate.
About Group of Twenty (G20):
- Established: 1999
- Members: 20 (19 countries + European Union)
Banking and Financial
SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC) headed by Abhay Karandikar and reconstituted Deepak Phatak headed Technical Advisory Committee
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has formed the 7-member IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC) headed by Dr Abhay Karandikar, a director at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, to provide guidance to upgrade the existing IT systems of SEBI and the solutions with the latest IT practices, techniques, tools and technologies.
- SEBI has also reconstituted its Technical Advisory Committee which will recommend measures for changes and improvements in the market structure given the technological changes. The reconstituted 7-member committee will be chaired by Deepak B Phatak, a former professor of IIT Bombay. Earlier the panel had only 5 members.
About The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Founded: 12th April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
- SC’s committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India: R V Raveendran
- Reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the PM: Bibek Debroy
RBI appointed Bandhan Bank as agency bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has now appointed Bandhan Bank as an Agency Bank of the RBI to conduct government business.
- Bandhan Bank now joins several other private banks that have been empanelled as an Agency Bank of the RBI.
- Bandhan Bank will now be authorised to handle transactions related to GST, VAT and the collection of state taxes.
Banks recently empanelled as Agency Bank of RBI:
- South Indian bank
- Karnataka bank
- DCB Bank
- RBL Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Bandhan Bank
Axis Bank signed MoU with Indian Navy to offer ‘Power Salute’; ICICI Bank also renewed MoU with Indian Army
- Axis Bank signed an MoU with the Indian Navy to offer a defence service salary package under ‘’Power Salute’’ at New Delhi. Through the agreement the bank will provide several benefits to all ranks of Indian Navy veterans and cadets.
- Major benefits included under “Power Salute” are accidental cover up to INR 56 lakh, children education grants up to INR 8 lakh, total permanent disability cover up to INR 46 lakh, partial permanent disability cover of up to INR 46 lakh and air accidental cover of INR 1 crore, zero processing fee and 12 EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) waivers on home loan.
- ICICI Bank also renewed its MoU with the Indian Army to offer enhanced benefits and new features through its ‘Defence Salary Account’ (DSA) to all serving as well as retired Army personnel.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
Appointment and Resignation
Arun Chawla appointed as Director-General of FICCI
- Industry chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) said Arun Chawla has been appointed as its new director-general.
- Chawla will assume charge with immediate effect. He joined FICCI in 2011 and is currently the deputy secretary-general of the chamber.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Uday Shankar
- Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI: S Ramann (Update 8th April 2021)
- SEBI: Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC: Arun Mishra (Update 2nd June 2021)
- ISRO: Sivan
- UIDAI: Saurabh Garg
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT): B. Mohapatra (Update 1 Sep 2021)
- FICCI (President): Uday Shankar
- Chief Election Commission of India: Sushil Chandra (Election Commissioner: Anup Chandra Pandey and Rajiv Kumar)
‘Vax’ named Word of the Year 2021 by Oxford English Dictionary
- ‘Vax’ has been chosen as the word of the year by the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) in 2021.
- Vax is derived from the Latin word Vacca, which means cow. Vax is used as a short form for vaccines and means a substance put into a person’s body to prevent them from getting a disease.
IAF participated in International Exercise ‘Blue Flag 2021’ conducted in Israel
- A total of 84 Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel took part in the international multilateral combat exercise Blue Flag 2021, along with IAF’s Mirage 2000 aircraft squadron at Israel’s Ovda Airbase.
- The exercise involves Air Force missions from 8 countries, to share knowledge and combat experience to improve operational capabilities. The other seven countries that have participated in the exercise include the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, and Israel.
- Theme: Integration of fourth and fifth-generation aircraft in complex operational scenarios.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Naftali Bennett
- President: Isaac Herzog
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman (Navy)
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
Indian GM P Iniyan won Rujna Zora chess tournament in Serbia
- Indian Grandmaster (GM) P Iniyan won 5th Rujna Zora chess tournament held at Serbia.
- International Master (IM) Makarian Rudik of Russia finished 2nd and another Indian Player V S Raaghul finished 3rd and IM S. Nitin placed 4th.
- P Iniyan is the 16th Indian Grand Master from Erode, Tamil Nadu. His current International Chess Federation (FIDE) ratings is 2556.
About International Chess Federation (FIDE):
- Founded: 1924 in Paris, France
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Arkady Dvorkovich
2 November: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
- The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is an UN-recognized day observed annually on 2 November.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 2 November as the ‘International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists’ in General Assembly Resolution A/RES/68/163. The date was chosen in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs