Current Affairs 30th, 31st October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Agriculture Minister inaugurated “Apple Festival” in Jammu and Kashmir
- Union Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar and Lt Governor, Manoj Sinha has virtually inaugurated Apple Festival, organized for the first time in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- It will provide a better platform to apple growers and other stakeholders. With annual production of more than 2 million metric tonnes, apple from J&K contributes to 87% of the national production and is linked to the livelihood of about 30% of the population of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
India’s largest aromatic garden inaugurated in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand got India’s largest aromatic garden in the Nainital district. The research wing of the Uttarakhand Forest Department inaugurated the biggest aromatic garden of India in Lalkuan of Nainital district.
- Established in an area of over 3 acres, the garden has 140 different species of aromatic species from across India. The project was initiated in the year 2018-19 after approval of the Research Advisory Committee in June 2018.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Tamil Nadu launched Unique Academic Scheme ‘Illam Thedi Kalvi’
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin launched ‘Illam Thedi Kalvi’ (education at doorstep) scheme at Mudaliarkuppam, Villupuram district which promotes education at all levels, right from school to university, for all sections of society.
- Persons who have studied upto class XII can educate school students from classes I to V and diploma holders can educate college students.
- Aim: Impart Education to children at home where volunteers would take class upto two hours a day.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
Delhi Govt launched “Paryavaran Saathi” chatbot & Website
- The Environment Minister of Delhi, Gopal Rai launched a ‘Paryavaran Saathi chatbot’ and website to facilitate people’s participation in the fight against pollution.
- The chatbot has been made in partnership with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) ‘s Yuwaah.
- Through this chatbot people can share the steps they are taking to fight pollution on WhatsApp number – 9650414141 and they will be awarded points.
State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020: Karnataka topped
- Karnataka ranked 1st in the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020 with a score of 70 out of 100 and is included in ‘Front runner’ category.
- Karnataka is followed by Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh. Under SEEI 2020, each state/UT has been classified as a Front runner, Achiever, Contender, and Aspirant based on their scores.
- SEEI is released by the Ministry of Power and assesses the states in four categories using 68 qualitative, quantitative, and outcome-based indicators aggregating to a maximum score of 100 across six sectors. The State Energy Efficiency Index 2020 was developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE).
|5||Tamil Nadu (51.5)|
Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021): Kerala topped in governance performance
- According to the 6th edition of Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021) report by the Public Affairs Centre (PAC), a Bengaluru- based non-profit think tank, the top three slots have been taken by Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana among 18 large states.
- PAI 2021 highlights the state government’s quality governance and specially the state’s government involvement over the curb of Covid-19.
- Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021) ranks the states and Union Territories based on three pillars of equity, growth and sustainability along with 5 themes, 14 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 43 indicators.
|Toppers among large states||1||Kerala (1.618)|
|2||Tamil Nadu (0.857)|
|Toppers among small states||1||Sikkim (1.617)|
|Toppers among Union Territories||1||Puducherry (1.182)|
|2||Jammu and Kashmir (0.705)|
PM Narendra Modi co-chaired the 18th India-ASEAN Summit 2021 & participated in 16th EAS 2021
- On October 28, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi co-chaired the virtual 18th India-ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Summit 2021 at the invitation of Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah (the current Chair of ASEAN).
- Leaders of ASEAN Member States have participated in the summit. As the yearc2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the India-ASEAN Partnership, the ASEAN leaders announced 2022 as India-ASEAN Friendship Year.
- PM has welcomed Cambodia as the new chair of ASEAN (2022) and Singapore as the ASEAN country co-ordinator (for India) for dialogue relations (2021 – 2024).
- On October 27, 2021, PM had virtually attended in the 16th East Asia Summit (EAS). The 16th EAS was hosted under the Chairmanship of Brunei. This was the 7th East Asia Summit for Prime Minister Modi.
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
- Founded: 8 August 1967
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Secretary-General: Lim Jock Hoi
- Members: 10 (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
Facebook Inc. corporate name rebranded as ‘Meta’
- Mark Zuckerberg owned Facebook Inc has changed the corporate name of world’s largest social media platform to ‘Meta’ (Meta Platforms, Inc.), to reflect its emphasis on building the metaverse vision’.
- The word ‘Meta’ in Greek means ‘Beyond’ and reflects the futuristic motive.
- With the name change, Meta Platforms, Inc. will henceforth be called as the parent organization of Facebook and its subsidiaries (Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp, Workplace, etc)
- The company has also unveiled its new sign, a blue infinity shape, at its headquarters in Menlo Park, California. The new sign replaces its thumbs-up “Like” logo.
About Meta Platforms, Inc.:
- Founded: Meta Platforms, Inc. was formerly known as Facebook, Inc. (launched in February 2004) until October 28, 2021.
- Founder, Chairman & CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States of America
Banking and Financial
Max Life Insurance became 1st Life Insurer to Join Account Aggregator (AA) framework
- Max Life Insurance Ltd became the 1st life insurer to join the Account Aggregator (AA) framework, which was introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in September 2021.
- Max Life is joining the AA network as a Financial Information User (FIU), for which it has collaborated with a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) FinVu, which is also an AA, and Finarkein, a data analytics company.
- Aim: To access the customer’s financial information in a seamless and secure manner from the AA ecosystem and reduce the timelines for policy issuance.
About Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd:
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
- MD & CEO: Prashant Tripathy
Kotak Mahindra Bank partnered NPCI to launch Rupay Credit Cards ‘Veer’ for Armed Forces
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch Kotak credit cards on the RuPay network named ‘Veer’ for Indian armed forces i.e. the Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel.
- The launch of Veer credit card for the armed forces marks Kotak’s 1st credit card under the RuPay network.
- The credit card is available in two variants such as – Kotak RuPay Veer Platinum and Kotak RuPay Veer Select.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB):
- Founded: 2003
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak
- Tagline: Let’s make money simple
IRCTC & Truecaller partnered to reduce fraud in the railways
- The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has partnered with Truecaller India to provide passengers with greater trust in communication. This partnership aims to reduce fraud in the railways.
- Under this partnership the integrated National Railways Helpline 139 has been verified by Truecaller Business Identity solutions.
- This partnership aims to assure the passengers that critical communications such as booking details and PNR status are delivered only by IRCTC.
About Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC):
- Founded: 27th September 1999
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CMD (Additional Charge): Rajni Hasija
Appointment and Resignation
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das got 3-years extension
- Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the tenure of RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das for another three years i.e., up to December 2024, with effect from December 10, 2021.
- He assumed the charge as the 25th governor of RBI on December 12, 2018 for three years. Before his appointment at RBI, he served as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Indigenous ICG Ship ‘Sarthak’ dedicated to the Nation
- The indigenously built Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Sarthak’ was commissioned and dedicated to the nation on October 28, 2021 by the Director-General of Indian Coast Guard K Natarajan for significantly boosting the maritime safety and security of the nation.
- The ship is based at Porbandar, Gujarat, and operates in the Coast Guard Region (Northwest). Operated by the Operational and Administrative Control of the Commander on India’s Western Seaboard.
- ICGS Sarthak is the fourth in the series of Offshore Patrol Vehicle (OPV), which is capable of undertaking concurrent operations and is built by the Goa Shipyard Limited for the Indian Coast Guard.
29 October: World Psoriasis Day
- World Psoriasis Day is observed every year on 29 October by the International Federation of Psoriasis Associations (IFPA) to promote awareness, empowerment, and action for improving the quality of life for people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Psoriasis is a kind of skin disorder that reasons skin cells to multiply up to ten times faster.
- Theme 2021: “Uniting for action”.
30 October: World Savings Day (India)
- World Savings Day also known as World Thrift Day is celebrated across the world every year on October 31. However, it is celebrated annually in India on October 30.
- The World Savings Day was established on October 31, 1924, during the 1st International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks) in Milano, Italy.
- World Savings Day is an event created to increase the public’s awareness of the importance of savings both for modern economies and for individuals alike.
31 October: UN World Cities Day
- World Cities Day is observed globally on October 31, every year. The United Nations General Assembly designated 31 October as World Cities Day, by its resolution 68/239.
- The Day is celebrated to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contribute to sustainable urban development around the world.
- Theme 2021: “Adapting cities for climate resilience”.
31 October: Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day
- National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on October 31 every year to mark the birth anniversary of the first Deputy Prime Minister of independent India Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- This year will mark the 146th anniversary of the Iron Man of India. This day was introduced in 2014. The objective is to maintain the nation’s unity and aims to spread awareness about Patel’s contribution to Indian history.
Kannada superstar Puneeth Rajkumar passed away
- Puneeth Rajkumar passed away due to a fatal cardiac arrest on 29th Puneeth Rajkumar, 46, was the son of legendary actor Rajkumar. He was known to fans as “Appu” – after the 2002 film.
- He was also a singer and was admired for his dance skills. Puneeth was presenter of Kannadada Kotyadhipathi, the Kannada version of game show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Australian legend Alan Davidson passed away at 92
- Australian legend Alan Davidson has passed away at the age of 92, surrounded by his family on Saturday (October 30).
- The bowling allrounder, who made his Test debut against England in 1953, represented Australia 44 times in the longest format. The left-arm pacer had finished his career with a stunning average of 20.53, having picked up 186 wickets. His career-best figures of 7/93 came against India in 1959.
- Davidson was a handy batsman as well, registering five vital half-centuries in his career, including the 80 he hit in the first ever tied Test match in 1960 against West Indies. In the same game, he had also picked up 11 wickets.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs