Daily GK Update 30th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 30 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
UK become the first country to allow Driverless cars on roads
- The United Kingdom has become the first country to announce regulation for the use of self-driving vehicles at low speeds.
- The UK wants to be at the forefront in rolling out autonomous driving technology. The Government of UK forecasts that around 40% of UK cars will have self-driving capabilities by 2035. This will create 38,000 jobs in the country.
- The speed limit of the ALKS is to be set at 37 miles per hour. The ALKS shall drive itself in a single lane.
Banking & Financial
Indian Bank signs MoU with BSNL
- Indian Bank signed an MoU with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited to provide seamless telecom services to the bank at a competitive rate.
- The bank is already using services of BSNL and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited for its Wide Area Network across the country Dr VK Sanjeevi, chief general manager of Chennai Telephones said that BSNL and its subsidiary MTNL is connecting 5,000 branches and ATMs of Indian Bank.
RBI joins network for greening financial system
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has joined the Central Banks and Supervisors Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) as a member. The central bank joined the NGFS on April 23, 2021. Green finance assumed significance in the context of climate change.
- Launched at the Paris One Planet Summit on December 12, 2017, the NGFS is a group of central banks and supervisors willing to share best practices and contribute to the development of environment and climate risk management in the financial sector, while mobilising mainstream finance to support the transition towards a sustainable economy.
- Benefit: The RBI expects to benefit from the membership of NGFS by learning from and contributing to global efforts on green finance, which has assumed significance in the context of climate change.
ICICI Bank launches Digital banking Platform ‘Merchant Stack’
- The ICICI Bank has announced the launch of a digital and contactless banking platform, especially for retail merchants.
- The service, called ‘Merchant Stack’, is targeted at the over 2 crore retail merchants in the country, covering grocers, supermarkets, large retail store chains, online businesses and large e-commerce firms.
Note: About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
T V Somanathan named finance secy in place of Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan has been appointed as the finance secretary.
- Somanathan, a 1987 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, will take charge as the finance secretary, a position earlier held by Ajay Bhushan Pandey who superannuated in February.
List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary– Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary– Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary– Harsh Vardhan Shringla
Axis Bank board approves re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as MD & CEO
- Private sector lender Axis Bank on 29th April accounced its board has approved the re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as its Managing Director and CEO for three years with effect from January 1, 2022.
- “The board of directors of the bank considered and approved the proposal relating to re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as the Managing Director and CEO of the bank, for a further period of 3 years, with effect from January 1, 2022 up to December 31, 2024.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB): Partha Pratim Sengupta
Niraj Bajaj named Bajaj Auto Chairman
- Bajaj Auto has announced the appointment of Neeraj Bajaj as its new Chairman of the Board with effect from May 1, 2021. The automaker has also announced Rahul Bajaj as its Chairman Emeritus.
- This will be taken up at the ensuing annual general meeting for the approval of the shareholders.
List of Some World’s Top Company and CEOs or MD
- Microsoft-Satya Nadella
- Apple– Tim Cook
- Amazon-Jeff Bezos
- Dell Technologies -Michael Dell
- Oracle-Safra Catz
- HP– Enrique Lores
April 30: Ayushman Bharat Diwas
- Every year, the Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on April 30 in India. The Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated to achieve twin missions. They are to promote health and wellness to the poor and also to provide insurance benefits to them.
- The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018. It is the largest health cover in the world. It aims to provide five lakh rupees of health cover per family per year.
30 April: International Jazz Day
- The International Jazz Day is celebrated on 30 April every year to highlight the importance of jazz and its diplomatic role in uniting people in all corners of the globe. The 2021 celebration marks the 10th Anniversary of International Jazz Day.
- The day was created on the idea of jazz pianist and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock.
TV journalist Rohit Sardana passed away
- Television journalist Rohit Sardana, who tested positive for coronavirus recently, passed away 30th April. Sardana, 41, who was an executive editor and TV news anchor with the Aaj Tak channel of the India Today Group.
- Many Union ministers, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and the media fraternity expressed condolence over the demise of Sardana.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|