Current Affairs 30th April and 1st May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Maharashtra Cabinet approved first-of-its-kind ‘Maharashtra Gene Bank Project’ for biodiversity conservation
- Maharashtra Cabinet approved the ‘Maharashtra Gene Bank’, a first-of-its-kind project in India.
- Aim: To conserve genetic resources in Maharashtra including marine diversity, seeds of local crops, and animal diversity.
- In the next five years, an amount of ₹172.39 crores will be spent on these seven focus areas.
- The project will be implemented by the Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board (MSBB) and will be overseen by committees under the chief secretary and the principal secretary (forests).
- The MSBB will coordinate with institutions like the National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) Goa to document and conserve rare and endangered marine species.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Tata Power signed MoU with NAREDCO to install 5000 EV charging points across Mumbai
- Tata Power Limited has signed a pact with the National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO), Maharashtra to install up to 5,000 EV charging points across the properties of NAREDCO’s members.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Aaditya Thackeray (Minister of Tourism & Environment, Government of Maharashtra). This move will give a boost to EV adoption in the State.
About National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO):
- Formation: 1998
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Rajeev Talwar
PM Modi inaugurated Semicon India Conference 2022 at Bengaluru
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Semicon India Conference 2022 at Bengaluru, aiming to visualize as the launchpad to start India’s ambition of becoming the global semiconductor hub and nurturing the chip design and manufacturing ecosystem.
- The conference focused on policy, talent, and the government’s role and efforts in creating a successful growth environment. The government has also formed an advisory committee for Semicon India to drive Rs 72,000-crore project.
Banking and Financial
Cabinet approved additional funding of Rs 820 crore for India Post Payments Bank
- The Union Cabinet has approved additional funding of Rs. 820 crores for India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). With this grant, the project outlay for setting up of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has been revised from Rs. 1435 crore to Rs. 2255 crore.
- The Cabinet has also granted in-principle approval for a future fund of Rs.500 crore for meeting regulatory requirements and technological upgradation. India Post Payments Bank was launched on September 1, 2018.
About India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
- Founded: September 1, 2018, under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD & CEO: J Venkatramu
- Tag line: Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwaar
ICICI Bank launched India’s ‘open-for-all’ digital ecosystem for MSMEs
- ICICI Bank has launched India’s first comprehensive digital ecosystem for all Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country, which can also be used by the customers of other banks.
- Anyone can use the benefits of digital solutions on the InstaBIZ app. MSMEs customers of other banks can avail of a host of services by logging in as a ‘Guest’ in the app.
- It provides sanctions of instant and paperless overdraft facility up to Rs 25 lakh through ‘InstaOD Plus’.
About ICICI Bank:
- Founded: 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
- Headquarters: Vadodara
- MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Chairperson: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
- Executive Director: Anup Bagchi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
RBI imposed penalty of Rs. 1.12 crores on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1.12 crore on the Bank of Maharashtra, a Public Sector Bank, for non-compliance pertains to certain directions issued under the Know Your Customer (KYC) Directions, of 2016.
- This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) and 51 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (the Act).
- RBI has also imposed a penalty of Rs 25 lakh on Haryana State Co-operative Apex Bank Limited for non-compliance with its directions on Housing Finance.
- RBI has also imposed a penalty of Rs 12 lakh on Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Limited for non-compliance with ‘Interest Rate on Deposits.
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently:
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 1.8 crores on PNB, and Rs 30 lakh on ICICI Bank
- RBI imposed monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore each on payment operators One Mobikwik & Spice Money
- RBI imposed ₹30 lakh penalty on Japan’s MUFG Bank
- RBI imposed penalties of Rs 93 lakh each on Axis and IDBI Bank
- RBI imposed Rs 17.63 lakh monetary penalty on Manappuram Finance
Bharti Airtel acquired 7% stake in Cnergee Technologies under Airtel Startup Accelerator Program
- Bharti Airtel acquired a 7% stake in Navi Mumbai based Cnergee Technologies, a cloud-based networking solution, under the Airtel Startup Accelerator Program.
- This acquisition is a part of Bharti Airtel’s Network as a Service (NaaS) proposition for small and medium businesses (SMBs) looking to shift to cloud-based solutions.
- Cnergee Technologies has developed a range of 5G ready NaaS software tools which can be deployed at scale to enable zero-touch service provisioning, central remote monitoring, and management of all connected devices with a host of real-time analytics.
About Bharti Airtel:
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: Sunil Bharti
- MD & CEO:Mittal Gopal Vittal
RBI modified norms for banks on short term crop loan scheme under KCC
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has amended norms for banks to claim the amount of interest subvention which is provided to farmers under the short-term crop loan scheme through Kisan Credit Card (KCC).
- Pending claims for the 2021-22 FY can be submitted by June 30, 2023, by the statutory auditor’s certification. The government offers interest subvention of 2% annually to banks on short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh to farmers at an interest rate of 7%p.a.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Appointment and Resignation
Lt Gen BS Raju appointed as Vice Chief of Indian Army
- The Indian Army’s Director General of Military Operations, Lieutenant General Baggavalli Somashekar Raju has been appointed as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff from May 1.
- He was an alumnus of Sainik School Bijapur and National Defence Academy and commissioned in the Jat Regiment on December 15, 1984. He had commanded a battalion during Operation Parakram in the Western Theatre and J&K.
- He has been awarded the Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, and Yudh Seva Medal.
List of Chiefs and DGS
- Army Chief– Manoj Pande
- Naval Chief- R Hari Kumar
- Air Chief – Vivek Ram Chaudhari
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- BSF- Pankaj Kumar Singh
Anshul Swami appointed as MD & CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank
- Anshul Swami has been appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Shivalik Small Finance Bank.
- Swami’snomination has already been accepted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Swami succeeds Suveer Kumar Gupta, who co-founded the bank and guided it through its transformation from an urban co-operative to a local finance institution.
- Swami has worked in a variety of client and geographic sectors for over 20 years. He has experience in a variety of consumer categories, including retail, SMB, microfinance, and agriculture.
- Swami worked for RBL Bank as Head – Retail & Inclusion, Productsbefore joining Shivalik SFB. He’s previously worked at Barclays, Citi Financial, and Britannia.
About Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB):
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- MD & CEO: Anshul Swami
Snow leopard expert Charudutt Mishra won Whitley Gold Award
- Noted snow leopard expert and wildlife conservationist Charudutt Mishra has won the prestigious Whitley Gold Award for his contribution to involving indigenous communities in the conservation and recovery of big cat species in Asia’s high mountain ecosystems.
- Princess Anne presented the award to Mishra at London’s Royal Geographic Society. This is his second Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) Award. He got the first in 2005.
- Mishra is co-founder of Mysore (Karnataka)-based Nature Conservation Foundation and executive director of the Snow Leopard Trust. Mishra established India’s first community-based initiatives to save the endangered snow leopard.
Atal Tunnel received IBC ‘Best Infrastructure Project’ award
- Atal Tunnel constructed in Rohtang of Himachal Pradesh has received the Indian Building Congress (IBC) ‘Best Infrastructure Project’ award. It was built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- DG BRO, Lt General Rajeev Chaudhryreceived the award during the 25th annual Convention of IBC. The tunnel was built using the New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM).
- Atal Tunnelconnects the Solang Valley near Manali to Sissu in Lahaul and Spiti districts.
About Border Roads Organisation (BRO):
- Founded: 7 May 1960
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director-General: Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
Indian navy successfully test-fired Anti-ship version of BrahMos missile
- Anti-ship version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired jointly by the Indian Navy and the Andaman and Nicobar Command (The only tri-services command of the Indian armed forces).
- A joint venture of India-Russian, BrahMos Aerospace, produces supersonic cruise missiles that can be launched from ships, aircraft, submarines, or land platforms.
- BrahMos missile flies at a speed of 2.8 Mach. The range of the advanced version of the missile is 350km.
PV Sindhu won bronze at Asian Badminton Championships
- In Asia Badminton Championships, India’s P.V. Sindhu won her second Asian bronze medal after a heartbreaking three-game loss to top-seed and defending champion Akane Yamaguchi of Japan in the semifinal in Manila.
- She had won her first bronze in the Asia Badminton Championships 2014 Gimcheon edition. Sindhu has assured a medal in the championship when she defeated He Big Jiao of China by 21-9,13-21 and 21-19 in the quarterfinal.
- She has won silver in 2016 Rio de Janeiro, and bronze in 2020 Tokyo.
|Lee Zii Jia (Malaysia)||
Jonatan Christie (Indonesia)
|Wang Zhiyi (China)||
Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)
|Pramudya Kusumawardana and Yeremia Erich Yoche Yacob Rambitan (Indonesia)||
Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia)
|Chen Qing Chen and Jia Yi Fan (China)||
Iwanaga Rin and Nakanishi Kie (Japan)
|Mixed Doubles||Zheng Si Wei and Huang Ya Qiong (China)||
Huang Dong Ping and Wang Yi Lyu (China)
Book and Author
Devendra Fadnavis released a book titled “Amit Shah Ani Bhajapachi Vatchal”
- Devendra Fadnavis, former Chief Minister of Maharashtra, released a Marathi book on Amit Shah, Union Minister of Home Affairs, titled “Amit Shah Ani Bhajapachi Vatchal”, a Marathi version of the book “Amit Shah and The March of BJP”.
- The book was originally written by Dr Anirban Ganguly and Shiwanand Dwivedi and it has been translated into Marathi by Dr Jyostna Kolhatkar.
- The book documents the life and political journey of Amit Shah and details his contribution to BJP in making it the world’s biggest political organisation.
30 April: World Veterinary Day 2022
- World Veterinary Day is observed on the last Saturday of April month globally to raise awareness in the public about the important roles veterinarians plays.
- The day aims to spread awareness about animal health care and the steps one should undertake to curb animal cruelty.
- This celebration was created by the World Veterinary Association in 2000 to be celebrated annually on the last Saturday of April. In 2022, World Veterinary Day falls on 30 April.
- Theme 2022: “Strengthening Veterinary Resilience”.
30 April: Ayushman Bharat Diwas
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated every year across India on April 30.
- This day is of national importance to mark the launch of Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). It was launched by PM Narendra Modi in the year 2018 to provide various benefits with a cover of 5 lakh rupees per family to be given per year.
- Ayushman Bharat is a flagship scheme of Government of India which was launched as recommended by the National Health Policy in 2017 to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
30 April: International Jazz Day
- International Jazz Day is celebrated every year on 30 April around the world. This day is observed to promote Jazz and raise awareness about its significance.
- The musical form of Jazz was developed by African Americans. It was influenced by both European harmonic structure and African rhythms.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) proclaimed 30 April as International Jazz Day on November 2011.
- Theme 2022” ‘A Call for Global Peace and Unity’.
About UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization):
- Founded: 16 November 1945
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Members: 193 countries
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
1 May: International Labour Day
- International Labour Day is observed globally on 1st May every year. It is also known as International Worker’s Day and May Day.
- The day is celebrated to spread awareness about Labour’s rights and mark their achievements. The day aims to pay tribute to workers’ sacrifices in achieving economic and social rights all over the world.
- This all started in 1886 when on 1st May when people in the United States of America started a strike to fix the working duration to a maximum of 8 hours per day. Soon, there was a bomb blast that took place on 4th May in Haymarket Square of Chicago in which many people died and many others were severely injured.
- With respect to those who died in the incident, the socialist pan-national organization started on 1st May as International Labour Day which also promoted labour welfare throughout the world.
- In India, the first Labour Day or May Day was celebrated in Madras (now known as Chennai) by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan on May 1, 1923.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs