Current Affairs 30th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi inaugurated Bina (MP)-Panki (UP) Multiproduct pipeline project & Kanpur Metro Rail Project in Kanpur, UP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 356 Km long Bina Refinery (Madhya Pradesh)- POL Terminal at Panki (Kanpur, UP) Multiproduct pipeline project (has a capacity of 45 million metric tonne per annum) with an outlay of Rs 1524 crore (Rs. 1227 crores in UP and Rs. 297 crores in MP).
- PM has also inaugurated the completed section of Kanpur Metro Rail Project and undertook a metro ride from the IIT metro station to Geeta Nagar. Entire length of the Metro Rail Project in Kanpur is 32 Km and is being built at a cost of around ₹11,000 crores.
- PM also attended the 54th Convocation Ceremony of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kanpur.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
ARIIA Rankings 2021: IIT Madras topped under Institute of National Importance category
- Ministry of Education has released Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021 on December 30, 2021.
- IIT Madras has again emerged as the best institute under the “CFTIs, Central University, & Institute of National Importance” category in the ARIIA 2021 list, followed by IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi.
- This 3rd edition of ARIIA has introduced a special framework for non-technical institutions that further strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Indian higher education institutions. First edition of the ARIIA was launched in Click here to read more
Egypt became the 4th new member of New Development Bank
- Egypt added as the fourth new member of BRICS New Development Bank. Bangladesh, UAE, and Uruguay joined BRICS New Development Bank in September 2021.
- Membership expansion enables New Development Bank to position itself as a premier development institution for emerging economies.
About New Development Bank:
- Founded: 15 July 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceará, Brazil
- Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- President: Marcos Prado Troyjo
Banking and Financial
RBI released report on “Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2020-21”; GNPAs of banks dipped to 6.9% by September 2021
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the ‘Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2020-21’, which presents the performance of the banking sector, including co-operative banks, and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) during FY21 and FY22 (till December 2021).
- The gross non-performing assets (GNPA) ratio of SCBs (Scheduled Commercial Banks) declined from 8.2% at end of March 2020 to 6.9% at the end-September 2021.
- The share of RSA (Restructured Advances) has increased to 1.8 percent at end of September 2021 (from 0.8 percent as at end-March 2021 and 0.4 percent at end-March 2020) due to the restructuring scheme 2.0 for retail loans and MSMEs which does not entail an asset classification downgrade.
- The increase in deposit insurance from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh augmented the share of co-operative depositors’ coverage from 42.7 percent (at end March 2019) to 69.4 percent (at end-March 2021).
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
IndusInd Bank launched ‘Green FDs’ to support United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- IndusInd Bank launched Green Fixed Deposits (FDs) where the deposit proceeds will be used to finance projects and firms supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs).
- With this, the bank has entered the list of few global banks which offer integrating SDG into a regular FD product. IndusInd Bank is the only bank in India to secure ‘band A’ in the Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Some of the features and benefits of Green FD are Higher rate of interest up to 6% per annum, Deposits backed by insurance for up to Rs 5 lakh, Low pre-mature withdrawal charges of only 1%, etc.
About IndusInd Bank:
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline: We Make You Feel Richer
ICRA projected India’s GDP growth at 9% in FY22 and FY23
- Credit rating agency ICRA has announced that India’s GDP is likely to maintain a 9% growth rate in fiscal 2022 and 2023, amid concerns over Omicron variant of COVID-19.
- India’s economy grew at 8.4% in the second quarter of the current fiscal, as against a growth of 20.1% in the April-June quarter. Net loss to economy from pandemic estimated at ₹39.3 trillion during 2021-23.
- The Agency is expecting the Cost Price Inflation (CPI) to an average of 5-5.0 Percent in FY23 from 5.5 Percent in FY22.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%
- Fitch Ratings-8.4%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 4%
- S&P Global Ratings-5%
- Moody- FY22 at 9.3% and FY23 at 7.9%
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
RBL Bank partnered with Bajaj Finance for the extension of the partnership of co-branded credit cards for 5 years
- RBL Bank partnered with Bajaj Finance Ltd (BFL) for the extension of the partnership of co-branded credit cards for 5 years till December 2026.
- The Bank had entered into a partnership with Bajaj Finance in 2018 launching a series of co-branded credit cards.
- As per the RBL Bank’s FY2019 annual report, RBL Bank – Bajaj Finance co-brand portfolio crosses 10 lakh cards, making it one of the largest co-branded card partnerships in the country.
About RBL Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 1943 (Under Indian Companies Act, 1913)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Rajeev Ahuja
- Additional Director: Yogesh Dayal
- Tagline: Apno Ka Bank
Appointment and Resignation
Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma appointed as Brand Ambassadors of EaseMyTrip
- Bollywood actors Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma have been named as brand ambassador for EaseMyTrip. Com (Easy Trip Planners Ltd), an online travel company based in India.
- EaseMyTrip founded by Nishant Pitti and Rikant Pitti in 2008 was started as the Business-to-Business (B2B) portal and entered into the business-to-consumer (B2C) segment in 2011.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- CEO: Nishant Pitti
Note: List of brand ambassador
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
Radhika Jha named as CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Limited
- Radhika Jha has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
- EESL is a joint venture between NTPC, Power Grid, Power Finance Corp and REC, working to promote energy efficiency in the country.
- Prior to the new posting, the IAS officer was serving as Secretary to the Government of Uttarakhand for the Education Department.
About Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL):
- Founded: 2009
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Arun Kumar Mishra
Praveen Kumar appointed as DG & CEO of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- The government of India has approved the appointment of Praveen Kumar, IAS, Former Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to the post of Director General & Chief Executive Officer, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA).
- The proposal for setting up IICA was approved by Planning Commission in the year 2007. It was established in 2008 at Manesar, Haryana.
- Praveen Kumar is a 1987 batch retired IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, and a former Secretary, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
About Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs:
- Founded: 2012
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, New Delhi
Vikram Misri appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor of India
- Diplomat Vikram Misri has been appointed as deputy national security adviser in the national security council secretariat.
- Misri will report to national security adviser Ajit Doval. At present, Rajinder Khanna, Pankaj Saran and Dattatray Padsalgikar are serving as deputy NSAs.
- The appointment of Misri, a 1989-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, came after he served as the Indian ambassador to China for nearly three years.
Vasudevan PN reappointed as MD & CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan has been reappointed as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited (ESFBL) for three years (from July 23, 2022, to July 22, 2025), by the Board of Directors (BoD).
- Vasudevan PN is currently serving as the MD and CEO of the bank. Earlier he was working as the MD of Equitas Holdings Limited.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 2016
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
- Part-Time Chairman: Arun Ramanathan
- Tagline: It’s Fun Banking
Alia Bhatt named PETA India’s 2021 ‘Person of the Year’
- Alia Bhatt has been named 2021 ‘Person of the Year’ by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India. Her vegan kidswear line, Ed-a-Mamma, also won 2021 PETA India fashion award for helping to nurture kids’ love for animals and nature.
- Alia Bhatt has invested in co, an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur-backed biomaterial startup, that develops ‘fleather’– bio-degradable vegan leather.
- She was awarded this prestigious title to celebrate her work in support of an animal-friendly fashion industry and her advocacy for dogs and cats in need.
- PETA has recognised actors Akshay Kumar and Bhumi Pednekar as the ‘Most Beautiful Vegetarian celebrity’ of 2021.
Indian Army set up Quantum Lab at MCTE in Military Headquarters Of War, Indore, MP
- The Indian Army has established the Quantum Lab at the Military College of Telecommunication Engineering (MCTE), in Military Headquarters Of War (Mhow), Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Quantum Lab was established with the support of the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) to spearhead research and training in this key developing field.
- Indian Army has also established an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre at the MCTE, Mhow with more than 140 deployments in forward areas and active support of industry and academia.
Russia launched 1st versatile nuclear-powered icebreaker ‘Sibir’ to boost India’s Arctic Plans via NSR
- Russia has launched its first in the series Project 22220 versatile nuclear-powered icebreaker known as ‘Sibir’, which will support the growing fleet of icebreakers to keep the Northern Sea Route open for year-round shipping through the Arctic and enable a wider presence of India in the arctic region.
- The construction of Sibir was started in 2015 and the icebreaker was floated on 22nd December 2017. Sibir was handed over to the Rosatom State Atomiс Energy Corporation for exploitation; the Delivery-Acceptance Act was signed on 24th December at Baltic Shipyard, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
Uttar Pradesh won 11th Hockey India junior national championship
- Uttar Pradesh won the 11th Junior National Men’s Hockey Championship following a 3-1 victory over Chandigarh in the finals at Kovilpatti, Tamil Nadu.
- Tournament top scorer Sharda Nand Tiwari opened the scoring for Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh Hockey maintained its unbeaten record.
- In the 3rd/4th Place playoff match, the Hockey Association of Odisha edged out Hockey Haryana 3 – 2 in a closely contested affair to clinch 3rd place in the competition.
Pulitzer Prize winner biologist E.O. Wilson, known as Father of Biodiversity, passed away
- E. O. Wilson, the former Harvard University biologist, professor, author, and Pulitzer Prize winner whose study of ants and human behaviour made him one of the world’s most influential scientists, has passed away.
- Study of insects and clarion call to protect earth earned him the nickname “Darwin’s natural heir”, “modern-day Darwin”. He was also known as “father of biodiversity”.
- He was the author of hundreds of scientific papers and more than 30 books, two of which won him Pulitzer Prizes for nonfiction: 1978’s On Human Nature, and The Ants in 1990. He established a new field of science known as ‘sociobiology’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs