Current Affairs 30th May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s foremost documentary film festival MIFF 2022 to begin in Mumbai
- The 17th Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short Fiction and Animation films began in Mumbai.
- The festival was inaugurated by Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal. The opening ceremony held at the weeklong biennial film festival at the Nehru Centre.
- MIFF 2022 has received 808 film entries from 30 countries with the great response. Out of 808 films, 102 will be screened under the Competition Category, 35 in international competition, 67 in the national competition and 18 Films will be screened under ‘MIFF Prism Category’.
- 11 movies from Bangladesh will be telecast at the festival.
- The Best Film of the Festival will receive the Golden Conch award, along with a cash prize of Rs 10 lakhs.
- Other awards carry cash prize from five to one lakh along with Silver Conch, trophy and certificate.
- MIFF is the oldest and biggest film festival in South Asia.
- It was started in 1990, and focuses on documentary, short fiction and animation films.
India achieved the milestone to provide tap water connection
- India has achieved the milestone of 50 per cent of rural households (nine crore fifty lakh) having access to tap water connections.
- States like Telangana, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Puducherry and Haryana have already achieved 100 per cent household water connections.
- Punjab, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Bihar have covered more than 90 per cent of the households and moving towards attaining the status of ‘Har Ghar Jal’.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission aims to empower Panchayati Raj Institutions and communities by engaging them in water supply schemes.
- Till May 2022, all households in 108 districts, 1,222 blocks, 71,667-gram panchayats and 1,51,171 villages have been provided with drinking water through taps.
North India’s first Industrial Biotech Park inaugurated at Kathua in J&K
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha and Union minister Jitendra Singh inaugurated the north India’s first Industrial Biotech Park constructed at Ghatti near Kathua.
- This will transform the economy and enable scientists to tackle challenges of climate change.
- It will provide Start-ups, Young Entrepreneurs and SMEs the tools that can make production cheaper, manageable and environmentally sustainable.
- This will enable more than 3500 medicinal plant species to harness market advantages in the most effective way and help the farmers to generate more income.
About Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capital: Srinagar, Jammu
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Got UT status in 2019
India’s first wind-solar hybrid power facility by Adani Green
- Adani Hybrid Energy Jaisalmer One Limited has commissioned a 390 MW wind-solar hybrid power plant at Jaisalmer.
- It is India’s first wind and solar hybrid power generation plant.
- This is a hybrid power plant which is integrated through solar and wind power generation armor the full potential of renewable energy by resolving the intermittency of the generation and rise power demand
- The new plant has a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) with tariff at Rs. 2.69 per kWh.
- This project is a part of the first construction facility by international banks in Adani Green with the capacity of 5.8 GW.
- The target of total renewable portfolio is 45 GW till 2030.
About Adani Green:
- Founder: Gautam Adani
- Founded: 23 January 2015
- Headquarters: Ahmedabad
- CEO: Vneet Jaain
Union Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated Takshashila Sports Complex in Pune
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Thakur inaugurated the Takshashila Sports Complex built by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) at Viman Nagar in Pune.
- The main purpose is to fund sports facilities through their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) funds and for the importance of creating sports infrastructure at grassroot level.
- The budget for the sports has been increased to Rs. 3,000 crores from Rs. 1,200 crores.
- Under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), GOI took full responsibility for foreign training of elite athletes with a monthly stipend of Rs. 50,000/- for each athlete.
About the Takshashila Sports Complex:
- The objective is to create international level sportsmen, Pune Municipal Corporation has developed Takshashila Sports Complex at Viman Nagar with the investment of around Rs 2.1 cr.
- Also, a spectator gallery with seating capacity of 1500 will soon be developed at the sports complex built on around one acre land.
- Arrangements are being made to train 400 sportspersons in the near future.
PM Modi to Release 11th Instalment of PM-KISAN Benefits on May 31
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the 11th instalment of Rs 21,000 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme to more than 10 crore farmers on May 31 in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- The fund is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. Under the PM-KISAN, financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is provided to the eligible farmer families, payable in three equal instalments of Rs 2,000.
- The national event is being organised under the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- 10th instalment was also released on January 1st, 2022 to more than 10 crore beneficiary farmer families of over Rs. 20,000 crores.
- On January 1, the PM had released the 10th instalment of more than Rs 20,000 crore to over 10 crore beneficiary farmer families.
Some previous instalments released:
- DEC-MAR 2021-22: Rs 10,93,22,605
- AUG-NOV 2021-22:Rs 11,18,25,734
- APR-JUL 2021-22:Rs 11,13,41,267
- DEC-MAR 2020-21: Rs 10,23,51,092
- AUG-NOV 2020-21:Rs 10,23,45,371
- APR-JUL 2020-21: Rs 10,49,32,479
- DEC-MAR 2019-20:Rs 8,96,15,905
- AUG-NOV 2019-20: Rs 8,76,21,571
- APR-JUL 2019-20: Rs 6,63,33,998
- DEC-MAR 2018-19: Rs 3,16,11,934
Russia conducts test-launch of Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile
- Russian frigate Admiral Gorshkov successfully test-fired a Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile from the Barents Sea.
- The missile hit a naval target about 1,000 km away in the White Sea and the flight of the projectile corresponded to the designed parameters.
- The Tsirkon missile has been test-fired several times from the Admiral Gorshkov frigate and a nuclear-powered submarine.
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
- Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
Banking and Financial
FIEO launches B2B digital marketplace for exporters, MSMEs and farmers
- The Federation of Indian Export Organisations has launched an online marketplace for Indian exporters and foreign buyers.
- Indian business portal acts as B2B and helps micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) exporters, artisans and farmers to identify new markets for their products for sales.
- The marketplace has been designed and developed in partnership with Global Linker.
- It provides a business networking platform for SMEs and start-ups.
- The portal will digitize Indian exporters and help them become discoverable online, promote exports from all Indian states, and showcase a wider range of products and services.
- Till date, more than 2,000 small businesses have joined it.
- It contains listing over 40,000 products and services.
- FIEO will promote the marketplace worldwide.
- Founded: 1965
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Dr A Sakthivel
- Director General & CEO: Ajay Sahai
Appointment and Resignation
Vandita Sharma appointed as a new Chief Secretary of Karnataka Government
- The Karnataka government appointed senior IAS officer Vandita Sharma as the state’s new chief secretary.
- Sharma is a 1986-batch IAS officer and holds an undergraduate degree in Sociology and a post-graduate degree in English.
- Currently, working additionally as chief secretary and development commissioner.
Shaunak Sen’s documentary ‘All That Breathes’ wins L’OEil d’Or award at Cannes
- Filmmaker Shaunak Sen’s documentary ‘All That Breathes’ honoured with the 2022 L’OEil d’Or award at 75th Cannes Film Festival.
- It is a 90-minute-long film was chosen the winner by the jury, comprising Polish filmmaker Agnieszka Holland, Ukrainian writer-director Iryna Tsilyk, French actor Pierre Deladonchamps, journalist Alex Vicente, and Moroccan writer-filmmaker Hicham Falah.
- The Film has also won the grand jury prize at the Sundance Film Festival earlier.
About the Award:
- The L’OEil d’Or documentary award is also known as The Golden Eye award.
- This award was created in 2015 by French-speaking authors’ society LaScam in collaboration with the Cannes Film Festival.
- The award includes a cash prize of 5,000 euros (₹4.16 lakh approximately).
In 2021, filmmaker Payal Kapadia had won the award for her documentary ‘A Night of Knowing Nothing’.
- Jury Special Award: Lithuanian filmmaker Mantas Kvedaravicius for final film Mariupolis 2
- Jury Prize: “Eo” and “Le Otto Montagne”
- Palme d’Or: “Triangle of Sadness” by Ruben Östlund
- Grand Prix: “Close” by Lukas Dhont and “Stars at Noon” by Claire Denis
- Special Prize for Cannes’ 75th anniversary: Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardennes, “Tori and Lokita”
- Best Actress: Zar Amir Ebrahimi, “Holy Spider”
- Best Actor: Song Kang Ho, “Broker”
- Best Director: Park Chan-wook, “Decision to Leave”
- Best Screenplay: “Boy from Heaven”
- Camera d’Or: “War Pony,” directed by Gina Gammell and Riley Keough
- Short Film Palme d’Or: “The Water Murmurs”
INS Gomati decommissioned at Naval Dockyard in Mumbai
- The INS Gomati was decommissioned from the naval dockyard in Mumbai.
- The ship was discharged under the command of Captain Sudip Malik.
- INS Gomati derives her name from the vibrant river Gomti and was commissioned on 16 April 1988 by then defence minister, KC Pant, at Mazagon Dock Limited (Mumbai).
- The third ship of the Godavari class guided-missile frigates.
- INS Gomati was also the oldest warrior of the western fleet when decommissioned.
- IMS Gomati was twice awarded the coveted Unit Citation, in 2007-08 and again in 2019-20, for remarkable spirit and stellar contribution to national maritime security.
About INS Gomati
- Builder: Mazagon Dock Limited
- Launched: 19 March 1984
- Commissioned: 16 April 1988
- Decommissioned: 28 May 2022
3rd Women’s T20 Challenge title won by Supernovas
- West Indian all-rounder Deandra Dottin powered Supernovas to an unprecedented third Women’s T20 Challenge title triumph with a four-run win over Velocity in a thrilling final.
- Dottin top-scored with a 44-ball 62 at the top of the order to help Supernovas to 165 for seven after being put in to bat.
- Supernovas had won the first two editions of the tournament in 2018 and 2019 before losing to Trailblazers in the final in 2020.
Gujarat won the title of IPL 2022 Final
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 has been recently won by Gujarat Titans by defeating Rajasthan Royals at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- This was the 15th edition of the professional Twenty20 cricket league.
- This was established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Gujarat Titans scored 133/3 in 18.1 over whereas Rajasthan Royals scored 130/9 in 20 overs.
List of winners:
- IPL 2022 champions – Gujarat Titans
- Emerging player of the season – Umran Malik
- Super Striker of the season – Dinesh Karthik (strike rate of 183.33)
- Game changer of the season – Jos Buttler
- Perfect Catch of the Season – Evin Lewis (catch that ended the Kolkata Knight Riders’ campaign)
- Purple cap – Yuzvendra Chahal (27 wickets, which is the most by a spinner)
- Orange cap – Jos Buttler (863 runs)
- Most Valuable Player – Jos Buttler
- Super Striker of the Season – Jos Buttler
- Fairplay award – Gujarat Titans and Rajasthan Royals
President: Sourav Ganguly
Founded: December 1928
Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala shot dead
- Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead by unidentified attackers in Jawaharke village of Mansa district.
- Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar has claimed responsibility for Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder.
May 29- International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is celebrated on 29 May
- This day is celebrated for paying tribute to the contributions of uniformed and civilian personnel to the organisation’s work. It aims to honour nearly 4,200 peacekeepers who had lost their lives serving under the UN flag since 1948.
- The first UN peacekeeping mission was called the ‘United Nations Truce Supervision Organization’ or UNTSO began operations in Palestine on 29 May 1948.
- UN Peacekeeping operations observe the day to strengthen bonds with the local populations that have been deployed to serve.
- Theme 2022: “People Peace Progress: The Power of Partnerships”.
28th May- International Day of Action for Women’s Health 2022
- International Day of Action for Women’s Health is celebrated every year on 28th May.
- This day is also known as International Women’s Health Day. This day is celebrated by women and health groups across the world.
- This day aims to draw attention towards the issues related to women’s health and to generate awareness about the rights of women. The day was first observed in 1987
- Theme 2022: ‘Resist and Persist’
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs