Current Affairs 30th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Indian Railways is constructing World’s Tallest Railway Pier Bridge in Manipur
- The Indian Railways is constructing the world’s tallest railway bridge pier across river Ijai near Noney Valley crossing at a pier height of 141 metres in Manipur, India as a part of the 111 km long Jiribam-Imphal railway project.
- The bridge will surpass the record of 139 meters high Mala – Rijeka viaduct on the Belgrade–Bar railway, in Montenegro, Europe.
- The total cost of the bridge is estimated at Rs 374 crore. The bridge is being built at a height of141 metres. The total length of the Manipur bridge will be 703 metres.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
Varanasi became 1st Indian city to start Ropeway Service as a Mode of Public Transport
- Varanasi, a city in Uttar Pradesh is all set to become the first Indian city to start ropeway service as a mode of public transport in order to ease the traffic congestion.
- The proposed ropeway will be constructed between Cantt Railway Station (Varanasi Junction) to Church Square (Godauliya) covering an aerial distance of 3.45 km.
- Its outlay is over Rs 400 crore which is divided between Central Government and State Government at 80:20. India will be the third country in the world after Bolivia and Mexico to use a ropeway for public transport.
Kerala Tourism launched STREET project for experiential tourism
- Kerala Tourism launched the ‘STREET’ project to promote and take tourism deep into the interiors and rural hinterland of Kerala. The project would help visitors experience the diversity of offerings in these locales.
- The STREET is an acronym for Sustainable, Tangible, Responsible, Experiential, Ethnic, Tourism hubs.
- The project, conceived by the Responsible Tourism Mission, is inspired by the ‘Tourism for Inclusive Growth’ slogan of The United Nations World Tourism Organization.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
7th India International Science Festival 2021 will be held in Goa
- 7th India International Science Festival (IISF) will be held in Panaji, Goa from 10-13 December 2021.
- It is a 4-day event, organized by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ministry of Science and Technology, Dept of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and Govt of Goa.
- More than 100 scientists from different fields will participate. The theme will be based on Aazadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav with the motto of Celebration of science and its promotion.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
S Jaishankar attended 20th Summit of SCO Council of Heads of Government
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar represented India at the 20th Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of Government (CHG) held on 25th November 2021 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan under the Chairmanship of Kazakhstan.
- SCO was founded in 2001 by the Presidents of Russia, China, the Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan at a summit held in Shanghai, China. India and Pakistan became SCO’s permanent members in 2017.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO):
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founded: 15 June 2001
- Secretary-General: Vladimir Norov
Petr Fiala appointed new Prime Minister of Czech Republic
- The President of the Czech Republic, Milos Zeman appointed Petr Fiala as the new Prime Minister of the Czech Republic. He succeeded incumbent PM Andrej Babis.
- He belongs to the Civic Democratic Party (CDS) and previously served as Minister of Education, Youth and Sports from 2012-2013. Petr Fiala had written a book ‘Theory of Political Parties’ along with Maxmilián Strmiska.
About Czech Republic:
- Capital: Prague
- Currency: Czech koruna
- President: Milos Zeman
Banking and Financial
RBI approved LIC to increase its stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank up to 9.99%
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) granted its approval to the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to increase its holding in Kotak Mahindra Bank up to 9.99%. The approval is valid for a period of 1 year.
- As of September 2021, LIC holds a 4.96% stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank. LIC is the 5th largest shareholder in Kotak Mahindra Bank. Uday Kotak and family, promoters of the bank, hold a 26% stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank while Canada Pension Plan Investment Board holds 6.37%.
- On 26th November 2021, RBI accepted a working group’s recommendation to increase promoter stake in private banks till 26% and non-promoter stake to 10%.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
RBI raised a higher cap on promoter stake at 26% in private banks
- Reserve Bank of India had formed an Internal Working Group (IWG) in June 2020, to review the extant guidelines on ownership and corporate structure for Indian private sector banks.
- The IWG had 5 members with Shrimohan Yadavas the convenor. The Internal Working Group (IWG) had made 33 recommendations to RBI. Now RBI has accepted 21 recommendations out of these 33.
- The internal working group of RBI has proposed to raise the cap on promoters’ stake in private banks from the current 15 % to 26 % in 15 years. Presently, a promoter of a private bank needs to pare holdings to 20 percent within 10 years, and to 15 percent within 15 years.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
RBI imposed a Rs. 1 crore penalty on Union Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore on the Union Bank of India for violating certain provisions related to the sale of stressed assets and reporting of frauds.
- The RBI inspection revealed non-compliance with rules on classification of an account as a red flag account despite the presence of early warning signals and also failure to disclose provisioning for Security Receipts (SRs) in its Annual Report
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently
- RBI fined Axis Bank Rs 5 crore for non-compliance with certain rules
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 50.35 lakh on Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh fine on Axis Bank for flouting KYC norms
- RBI imposed Rs 2 crore penalty on RBL Bank for breaching deposit, board composition norms
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI for non-compliance
- RBI imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crores on Standard Chartered Bank
- RBI imposed ₹1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs. 1 crore on the State Bank of India
About Union Bank of India:
- Founded: 1919
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Rajkiran Rai G
- Tagline: Good People to Bank with
Appointment and Resignation
Parag Agrawal appointed the new CEO of Twitter
- Parag Agrawal, 37, an IIT-Bombay graduate, has replaced Jack Dorsey as the new Twitter chief executive officer, becoming the youngest CEO in top 500 companies.
- Agrawal, an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, was appointed Twitter CTO on March 8, 2018. He succeeded Adam Messinger, who left the company in December 2016.
- Founded: March 21, 2006
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, U.S.
- Chairman: Patrick Pichette
- CEO: Parag Agrawal
- Satya Nadella-Microsoft
- Tim Cook-Apple
- Andy Jassy– Amazon
- David M. Solomon-Goldman Sachs
- Sundar Pichai-Alphabet
- Michael Corbat-Citigroup
- Mark Zuckerberg-Facebook
Lionel Messi won Men’s Ballon d’Or for the seventh time
- Lionel Messi won the men’s Ballon d’Or award for a record-extending seventh time at a ceremony in Paris. Messi won the last edition of the Ballon d’Or in 2019 before last year’s awards were canceled due to the pandemic.
- He also won in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and in 2015. The 34-year-old scored 38 goals in 48 games last season for Barcelona and won the Copa del Rey before captaining Argentina to Copa America glory in July.
Ballon d’Or 2021 Winners:
- Ballon d’Or (Men): Lionel Messi (PSG/Argentina)
- Club of the year: Chelsea Football Club
- Yashin Trophy for best goalkeeper: Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG/Italy)
- Ballon d’Or (Women): Alexia Putellas (Barcelona/Spain)
- Striker of the year: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich/Poland)
- Kopa Trophy for best young male player: Pedri (Barcelona/Spain)
Saurav Ghosal won the Malaysian Open squash championship 2021
- Indian Squash star, Saurav Ghosal has scripted history as he has become the first Indian squash player to win the Malaysian Open Championships.
- The second-seeded Ghosal beat Miguel Rodriguez of Colombia 11-7, 11-8, and 13-11 in the men’s singles final in Kuala Lumpur to win the 2021 Malaysian Open Squash Championships title.
- On the other hand, the women’s singles title of the 2021 Malaysian Open squash championships has been won by Malaysia’s Aifa Azman.
Book and Author
Venkaiah Naidu released a Book “‘Democracy, Politics and Governance’ authored by Dr. A Surya Prakash
- Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu on the 72nd anniversary of the adoption of the ‘Constitution of India’ released a book titled “Democracy, Politics and Governance” in English and ‘Loktantr, Rajniti and Dharm’ in Hindi authored by Dr. A. Surya Prakash at an event in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi.
- This book is a collection of articles about the social, political, and economic issues that impacted India’s politics and governance. Dr. A. Surya Prakash is a Vice Chairman, Executive Council of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, and also a veteran journalist.
28 November 2021: NCC 73rd Raising Day
- TheNational Cadet Corps (NCC), the youth wing of the Indian Armed Forces and the largest uniformed youth organization in the world, is observing the 73rd anniversary of its raising on November 28.
- NCC day is celebrated every year on the 4th Sunday in November. The raising day is being celebrated all over the country with cadets participating in marches, blood donation camps, and social development programmes.
- The NCC was formed on 15th July 1948. NCC is also the largest uniformed youth organization in the whole world. The NCC headquarters is located in New Delhi.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Director-General: Lieutenant General Gurbirpal Singh
- Motto: “Unity and Discipline”
30 November: Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
- The United Nation recognized Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is held every year on November 30. The First Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare was held in
- The day marks a tribute to the victims of chemical warfare, as well as to reaffirm the commitment of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) to the elimination of the threat of chemical weapons, thereby promoting the goals of peace, security, and multilateralism.
National Award-winning Choreographer Shiva Shankar Master passed away
- The renowned National Award-winning choreographer and actor Shiva Shankar Master passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Shiva Shankar was born on 7 December 1948 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was an Indian dance choreographer, worked in South Indian movies. He received the National Award for ‘Best Choreographer’ for the movie ‘Magadheera’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs