Current Affairs 31 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Govt introduces “Bharat series (BH-series)” registration
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has introduced a new registration mark for new vehicles i.e. “Bharat series (BH-series)”. The vehicles bearing the BH-series mark will not have to require the assignment of a new registration mark when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one State to another.
- This facility is available on a voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories.
Format of Bharat series (BH-series) Registration Mark:
- YY – Year of first registration
- BH- Code for Bharat Series
- ####- 0000 to 9999 (randomized)
- XX- Alphabets (AA to ZZ)
Banking & Financial
LIC launched ANANDA mobile app for Agents
- The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched the mobile application of its digital paperless solution, “ANANDA” for LIC agents. ANANDA stands for Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital Application.
- The ANANDA Digital application was launched in November 2020 for LIC Agents / Intermediaries. With Mobile App in place, the usage level of ANANDA among the Agents / Intermediaries will go up and help LIC to take the New Business fortunes to bigger heights.
Note: About LIC
- Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Founded: 1 September 1956;
- Chairman: M R Kumar.
PhonePe receives direct broking licence from IRDAI
- Flipkart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe has received an insurance broking licence from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). This means that with the new ‘direct broking’ licence, PhonePe can now distribute insurance products from all insurance companies in India, on its platform.
- Earlier in January 2020, PhonePe entered the insurtech sector, but with a limited insurance ‘corporate agent’ licence, which restricted it to partner with only three insurance companies per category.
Note: About Phonepe
- CEO: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Commissions Indigeneously built ICGS ‘Vigraha’
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has dedicated to the nation, the indigenously built Coast Guard Ship ‘Vigraha’ in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. According to the defence ministry, the 98-meter vessel will be based in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam (Vizag) and will be operated by a company of 11 officers and 110 sailors.
- The ship has been designed and built indigenously by Larsen & Toubro Ship Building Limited. With the joining of this ship, the Indian Coast Guard now have 157 Ships and 66 Aircraft in its inventory.
- The ICGS Vigraha, is the seventh and final ship in the series of Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs), the agreement for which was signed in 2015.
India and Germany conducts joint maritime exercise in Gulf of Aden
- The Indian Navy and the German Navy carried out a joint exercise in the Gulf of Aden near Yemen, in the Indian Ocean leg of Indo-Pacific Deployment 2021. The Indian Navy was represented by frigate “Trikand” while the German Navy was represented by frigate “Bayern”.
- The joint exercise aimed at enhancing interoperability and exchange of best practices between the navies of the two countries in the maritime domain.
Max Verstappen won Belgian Grand Prix 2021
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has been declared the winner of the Belgian Grand Prix 2021.
- George Russell Williams came second and Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes came third.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
- Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Sergio Perez (Red Bull- Mexico)
- French Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Styrian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen
- British Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Esteban Ocon (Alpine Renault- France)
Tokyo Paralympics 2020: India’s Singhraj Adana shoots bronze in men’s 10m air pistol
- Indian shooter Singhraj Adana claimed the bronze medal in the P1 men’s 10m air pistol SH1 event of the Paralympics here on 31 August.
- Adana shot a total of 216.8 to finish the event in third place after qualifying for the eight-man final as the sixth-best shooter.
Dale Steyn announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- South African fast bowler Dale Steyn on 31st August announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. The 38-year-old brought an end to a 17-year career, which saw him play in 93 Tests, 125 ODIs and 47 T20Is for the Proteas.
- Steyn had already retired from Tests in August 2019 to prolong his career after a number of injuries.
Tokyo Paralympics 2020 : Mariyappan Wins Silver And Sharad Gets Bronze in Men’s High Jump
- India’s Mariyappan Thangavelu won the silver medal in the men’s high jump T42/T63 class after successfully clearing 1.86m at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics on 31 August.
- Fellow Indian Sharad Kumar won the bronze medal in the T42 class after clearing 1.83m. USA’s Sam Grewe (T63 class) won the gold medal after clearing 1.88m.
31 August: International Day for People of African Descent
- The International Day for People of African Descent is celebrated for the first time on 31 August 2021.
- The United Nations aims to promote the extraordinary contributions of the African diaspora around the world and to eliminate all forms of discrimination against people of African descent.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|