Current Affairs 31st January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi addressed the 30th Foundation Day of the National Commission for Women
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the 30th Foundation Day programme of the National Commission for Women (NCW) on January 31.
- “The theme of the programme is ‘She The Change Maker’, aimed at celebrating the achievements of women in different fields.
- The State Commissions for Women and Department of Women and Child Development in State Government will participate.
- Teaching faculty and students, voluntary organizations, women entrepreneurs and business associations will also participate.
About National Commission for Women (NCW):
- Formed: 1992
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson Rekha Sharma
SPMCIL set up new bank note printing lines at Nashik and Dewas
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) has set up a new bank note printing lines at its Currency Note Press, Nashik, and Bank Note Press, Dewas.
- SPMCIL is a Government of India-owned Miniratna company and is engaged in the production of Currency-Bank Notes, Security Paper.
- India has four printing presses for printing and supply of Banknotes:
- Dewas in Madhya Pradesh
- Nasik in Maharashtra
- Mysore in Karnataka
- Salboni in West Bengal
About Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL):
- Founded: 10 February 2006
- Headquarter: New Delhi, Delhi
- Chairman & Managing Director: Tripti Patra Ghosh
Xiomara Castro became the first woman President of Honduras
- Leftist Xiomara Castro was sworn in as the first woman President of Honduras. She vowed to reform the crime-and poverty-stricken nation into a “socialist and democratic state.”
- She replaces President Juan Orlando Hernández, who has held the position for 8 years and has been accused of corruption and drug trade ties.
- Castro is the wife of the former president of Honduras, Manuel Zelaya, who ruled Honduras between 2006 and 2009.
- Capital: Tegucigalpa city
- Currency: Honduran lempira
- President: Xiomara Castro
Banking and Financial
RBI imposed restrictions on Indian Mercantile Cooperative Bank Ltd, Lucknow
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed several restrictions on Indian Mercantile Cooperative Bank Ltd, Lucknow, including a cap of Rs 1 lakh on withdrawals.
- The restrictions came into force from the closure of business hours on January 28, 2022. RBI said the Lucknow-based co-operative bank will not, without its prior approval, grant or renew any loans and advances, or make any investment.
- The restrictions would remain in force for six months and are subject to review.
- The RBI has imposed the above restriction in the exercise of powers vested in it under sub-section (1) of Section 35 A read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (AACS).
- In particular, a sum not exceeding Rs 1 lakh of the total balance across all savings bank or current accounts or any other account of a depositor, may be allowed to be withdrawn, subject to certain conditions.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
India’s Exports of marine products grew by 35% to $6.1 bn during April-Dec 2021
- The exports of marine products registered a growth of 35% to $ 6.1 billion from April to Dec 2021.
- The exports of Marine Products touched over $ 720 million, registering a growth of over 28 percent.
- The overall exports of Marine Products in the last Financial Year were $ 5.96 billion. Top 5 export destinations: USA, China, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand.
- PM Modi had launched the PM Matsya Sampada Yojanain 2020 with an array of 100 diverse activities with a budget of over Rs 20,000 crores.
Tata Steel will buy Neelachal Ispat Nigam for ₹12,100 crore
- The government has approved the sale of Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL) to Tata Steel Long Products.
- The CCEA has approved the highest bid of Tata Steel Long Products for 93.71% of shares NINL. The Bid Enterprise Value is ₹12,100 crore.
- NINL is a joint venture of 4 CPSEs – MMTC, NMDC, BHEL, MECON, and 2 Odisha government PSUs – OMC and IPICOL. The government does not hold any equity in the company.
About Tata Steel Ltd:
- Founded: 25 August 1907, Jamshedpur
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: V. Narendran
- Founder: Jamsetji Tata
- Chairman: Natarajan Chandrasekaran
Economic Survey pegged India’s GDP growth at 8-8.5% for FY23
- The Economic Survey has projected a growth rate of 8-8.5% for the next financial year ending March 2023.
- The Economic Survey 2021-22 was tabled by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Lok Sabha on 31 January, while the Budget will be presented on 1 February at 11 am.
- The survey expectations for the next fiscal year are conservative compared to the 9% expansion seen by IMF.
- For the current financial year, the survey projects a growth rate of 9.2%, led by 11.2% growth in the industrial sector and 8.2% growth in the services sector. The agriculture sector growth is seen at 3.9% in FY22.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- ICRA-9% in FY22 and FY23
- RBI: 9.5%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 3% (9 Jan update), 7.6% in FY23
- S&P Global Ratings-5%
- Moody- FY22 at 9.3% and FY23 at 7.9%
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO):2% in the financial year 2021-22
Meta partnered with FICCI to support women-led SMBs across India
- Meta (formerly known as Facebook) has partnered with FICCI to support 5 lakh women-led small businesses across India under its #SheMeansBusiness programme and FICCI’s ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’ initiative.
- The announcement was made during Meta’s inaugural National Women Entrepreneurship Summit to encourage industry dialogue and steps to support the MSMEs across sectors.
- Meta will be extending support through three initiatives:
- Facebook Business Coach (to train women through educational chatbot tool on WhatsApp)
- Grow your Business Hub (to provide necessary information, tools to MSMEs)
- Commerce Partners Programme (to help businesses go digital and D2C)
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Sanjiv Mehta
- Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
- Director-General: Arun Chawla
Appointment and Resignation
Govt has extended the tenure of LIC Chairman MR Kumar by one more year
- The government has extended the tenure of chairman of IPO-bound Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) by one more year with a view to facilitate smooth listing of the insurance behemoth.
- Besides, the government has also extended the tenure of one of the managing directors, Raj Kumar, for one year.
- With the extension, M R Kumar will continue as chairman of LIC till March 2023. This is the second extension for the LIC chairman. The government owns a 100 percent stake in LIC.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
Australian Open 2022: Rafael Nadal & Ashleigh Barty won the Men’s & Women’s Singles title
- The 2022 Australian Open was a Grand Slam tennis tournament that took place at Melbourne Park, Australia from 17 to 30 January 2022.
- It was the 110th edition of the Australian Open, the 54th in the Open Era, and the first Grand Slam of the year.
- Rafael Nadal and Ashleigh Barty won the Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles titles, respectively.
- Nadal claimed his record-breaking 21st major title by defeating Daniil Medvedev in the final, coming back from two sets to love down. Ashleigh Barty won the first Australian Open singles title by an Australian in 44 years by defeating Danielle Collins in straight sets in the final.
|Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal (Spanish)||Daniil Medvedev (Russian)|
|Women’s Singles||Ashleigh Barty (Australian)||Danielle Collins (American)|
|Men’s Doubles||Nick Kyrgios (Australian)
Thanasi Kokkinakis (Australian)
|Matthew Ebden (Australian)
Max Purcell (Australian)
|Women’s Doubles||Barbora Krejčíková (Czech)
Kateřina Siniaková (Czech)
|Anna Danilina (Russian-Kazakhstani)
Beatriz Haddad Maia (Brazilian)
|Mixed Doubles||Kristina Mladenovic (French)
Ivan Dodig (Croatian)
|Jaimee Fourlis (Australian)
Jason Kubler (Australian)
Odisha Open 2022: Unnati Hooda & Kiran George won women’s and men’s singles title
- Teenager Unnati Hooda has won the women’s singles title at the 2022 Odisha Open badminton tournament by defeating compatriot Smit Toshniwal.
- She became the youngest Indian to win a Super 100 tournament. While unseeded Kiran George emerged triumphant in the men’s singles final of the tournament.
- 21-year-old Kiran George beat Priyanshu Rajawa. The 2022 Odisha Open is a BWF Super 100 tournament, organized at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha
Book and Author
A book titled ‘Operation Khatma’ authored by R C Ganjoo & Ashwini Bhatnagar released
- A book titled ‘Operation Khatma’ has been released which is authored by journalists RC Ganjoo and Ashwini Bhatnagar. It is an eyewitness account by them.
- The book is based upon the operation by the Special Operations Group of Jammu & Kashmir Police which led to the killing of 22 terrorists of the Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF).
- It is a graphic first-hand thriller on terrorism in Kashmir. The blood-splattered rivalry between JKLF and HM, and the short, sharp surgical strike -OPERATION KHATMA- that broke the back of terrorism in the Valley.
30 January: World Leprosy Day 2022
- World Leprosy Day (WLD) is celebrated on the last Sunday of January. In 2022, World Leprosy Day is 30 January.
- This international day is an opportunity to celebrate people who have experienced leprosy, raise awareness of the disease, and call for an end to leprosy-related stigma and discrimination.
- The “United for Dignity” campaign calls for unity in honoring the dignity of people who have experienced leprosy. Leprosy is also known as Hansen’s disease.
- In India, World Leprosy Day is celebrated every year on 30 January, the anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s death.
- The day was initiated in 1954 by French philanthropist and writer, Raoul Follereau, as a tribute to the life of Mahatma Gandhi who had compassion for people afflicted with leprosy.
- Theme 2022: ‘United for Dignity’
30 January: World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day
- World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day is observed on January 30 every year to raise awareness about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) as a critical public health challenge so that we can progress towards their elimination.
- The first World NTD Day was held on 30 January 2020. The proposal to recognize the day was made by the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- 74th World Health Assembly endorsed a decision recognizing 30 January as World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (‘World NTD Day’). World NTD Day commemorates the simultaneous launch of the first NTD road map and the London Declaration on NTDs on 30 January 2012.
- Theme 2022: ‘Achieving health equity to end the neglect of poverty-related diseases’.
- Slogan 2022: “From neglect to care”.
Akal Academies’ founder Baba Iqbal Singh passed away
- Founder of Akal Academies and Padma Shri awardee Baba Iqbal Singh passed away. He was an Indian socio-spiritual leader of the Sikh community and an
- Baba Iqbal Singh had worked relentlessly in only one direction — imparting value-based education in rural India. He established Eternal University in 2008 and Akal University, Guru ki Kashi in 2015.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs