Current Affairs 31st March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Karnataka government announced Vinaya Samarasya scheme
- The Karnataka government has announced Vinaya Samarasya Yojana, an awareness programme meant to eradicate untouchability in Gram Panchayats across the state.
- This scheme was also added in the recently announced Karnataka Budget for 2022-23. This scheme will be launched on April 14, the birth anniversary of the father’s the Indian Constitution, B R Ambedkar.
- The scheme has been named after a three-year-old Dalit Vinay, whose family, residents of Miyapur village in Koppal district, was slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 by the village leaders in September last year for the boy’s “offense” of straying into a local temple.
Recent Karnataka Schemes:
- Grama One Program
- Janasevaka Scheme
- Janaspandana platform
- ‘Women@Work’ programme
Maharashtra launches scheme to offer personal loans for prisoners
- The Maharashtra government has introduced a scheme that allows prisoners to obtain personal loans from banks of up to Rs. 50,000 to help their families improve their living conditions and meet expenses related to their legal matters.
- It will be a first of its kind initiative in our country. The Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank would provide loans up to 50,000 under the scheme at a 7% interest rate.
- The scheme would be implemented in Yerawada Central Jail in Pune, Maharashtra, on a pilot basis. This type of loan is called a “khavti” loan, and benefits approximately 1,055 prisoners.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Assam signed a pact with Meghalaya to resolve 5-decade old border dispute in six places
- Chief Minister of AssamHimanta Biswa Sarma and the Chief Minister of Meghalaya Conrad Sangma in the presence of Union Home Minister had signed a pact to resolve the protracted border dispute in six out of twelve places along the 884.9 Kilometre border between the two states.
- The day is called as ‘Historic day’as it resolves five-decade old border dispute between Assam and Meghalaya, since the demarcation of Meghalaya from Assam in 1972 also Meghalaya has issues with the Assam Reorganisation Act, 1971.
- The First Phase of settlement covers 36 villages situated in six places (Hahim, Gizang, Tarabari, Boklapara, Khanapara-Pilingkata, Ratacherra) out of twelve covering an area of 36.79 square kilometres.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
Tamil Nadu signed MoU with UAE based Lulu Group to get Rs. 3,500 crores investment
- The Tamil Nadu government has inked an MoU with the LuLu Groupof the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in Abu Dhabi to implement three major projects worth Rs. 3,500 crores in Tamil Nadu.
- The investment is to set up shopping malls, hypermarkets and a food-logistic park in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu signed various MoUs with investors to attract ₹6,100 crore investment during the five-day visit to the UAE.
- According to the MoU, the first shopping mall will be opened in Chennai by 2024, and the first hypermarket will be opened in the Laxmi Mills compound in Coimbatore by the end of 2022.
- Two malls worth a total investment of 2,500 crores and a food processing project worth Rs. 1,000 crores are to be implemented.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
Piyush Goyal inaugurated Indian Jewellery Exposition Centre building in Dubai
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the Indian Jewellery Exposition Centre (IJEX) building in Dubai, UAE, during his visit to Dubai to participate in the India Pavilion at Dubai Expo 2020.
- The minister also urged the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) to set a target Jewellery Export of USD 100 billion from the current USD 35 billion.
- IJEX will be a one-stop destination for the world to source Indian jewelry in Dubai and the platform will enable GJEPC members to display goods and book orders throughout the year. From India, 15 states and nine central ministries are participating in Dubai Expo, which will end on March 31, 2022.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
India & Australia signed MoU for joint exploration of Lithium and Cobalt mineral resources
- The Government of India and Australia have committed to invest USD 6 million jointly to explore Lithium and Cobalt mines in Australia in the next six months.
- Last year, a Government to Government (G2G) MoU was signed between Government of India and the Government of Australia through Ministry of Mines and Critical Minerals Facilitation Office (CMFO) respectively for co-operation in the field of mining and processing of Critical and Strategic Minerals.
- Following which a detailed collaborative framework has been signed between Khanij Bidesh India Limited (KABIL) and Australia’s Critical Minerals Facilitation Office (CMFO) for carrying out a joint due diligence of select greenfield and brownfield projects, identifying lithium and cobalt mineral assets for investment and acquisition of the assets in Australia.
- Lithium is a key component in the battery used in Electric Vehicles (EV). India, through the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme, is offering Rs 18,100 crore incentives for companies to build battery cells locally for Electric Vehicles (EV).
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
Banking and Financial
Centre announced to sell 1.5% stake in ONGC to raise Rs 3,000 crores
- The Central Government is selling its 1.5% stake in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) through an Offer for Sale (OFS) to raise worth ~Rs 3,000 crore.
- It is being sold at a 7% discounted floor price of Rs 159/share. The 1.5% equity stake sale also includes a 0.75% greenshoe option. The OFS is open on March 30-31, 2022. The Central Government owns a 60.41% stake in ONGC.
- The Central Government as a promoter is selling up to 94,352,094 equity shares of ONGC (representing 0.75% of the total paid-up equity share capital of the company) with a face value of Rs 5 each on March 30, 2022 (to non-retail investors) and on March 31, 2022 (to retail investors) with an option to additionally sell (greenshoe option) 94,352,094 equity shares in case of oversubscription
- In the OFS, a minimum of 25% of the shares are reserved for mutual funds and insurance companies. 10% of the shares earmarked for retail investors i.e. individual investors who bid for not more than 2 lakh shares. ONGC employees can apply for equity shares worth up to Rs 5 lakh each.
About Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC):
- Founded: 14 August 1956
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- CEO: Subhash Kumar
HDFC ERGO launched India’s first industry-based digital customer engagement and rewards program “VAULT”
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched its VAULT program. It is India’s first industry-based digital customer engagement and rewards program.
- This program is an experiment to test a new idea under the Regulatory Sandbox of IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India). The testing period will be till 14th May 2022 and further continuance of the product beyond the testing period will be subject to IRDAI approval.
- VAULT program is a customer engagement-based membership program. Under the program, eligible customers will be incentivized by way of reward points on meeting the specified criteria or actions
- Maximum customer enrolments under this program will be 10,000. This reward program will cover Optima Restore health insurance customers.
About HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Ritesh Kumar
Central Bank of India partnered with Kwik.ID to digitize customer onboarding
- Central Bank of India partnered with ID to implement digital Know Your Customer (KYC), video KYC and eKYC for its network across India.
- Aim: To bring seamless onboarding and provide efficient digital facilities to the customers across India.
- ID is India’s fastest and first-ever AI-based fully compliant Video KYC solution and a flagship product by Think360.ai. It has the target to digitize 10 million customers’ onboarding annually and streamline their end-to-end processes.
About Central Bank of India:
- Founded: 21 December 1911
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Matam Venkata Rao
- Tagline: ‘Central’ to you since 1911
Appointment and Resignation
Renu Singh appointed director of Forest Research Institute
- Dr Renu Singh has been appointed by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF) as the next director of the Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun.
- She will be the institute’s second woman director. Singh joined as FRI director after AS Rawat, director-general, ICFRE, handed over his additional charge of director FRI to her.
- Dr Renu Singh has an extensive experience in Forest Policy, Forest Management and Research Issues. She has a special interest in gender and development, climate change adaptation and mitigation issues in the forestry sector.
Vishwas Patel re-elected as chairman of Payments Council of India
- Vishwas Patel has been re-elected as the Chairman of Payments Council of India (PCI) for the second time in 2022, previously he was elected as a Chairman of PCI in the year 2018.
- In 2013, he served as Co-Chairman of PCI. PCI is a payment ecosystem industry body, and is a part of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). PCI aims to promote cashless transaction society and visions to grow digital payment in India.
MoD signed a contract worth Rs 3,102 crore with BEL for procurement of advanced electronic warfare suite & IEWR
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Bengaluru, Karnataka and BEL Hyderabad, Telangana for supply of Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) suite for Fighter aircraft & for Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range (IEWR) for the Indian Air Force (IAF) respectively with a total outlay of Rs. 3,102 crore.
- MoD and BEL, Bengaluru, Karnataka signed a Contract worth 1993 Crore for supply of Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) suite for Fighter aircraft of Indian Air Force. The EW suite has been indigenously designed & developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- A contract has been signed between the MoD and BEL, Hyderabad, Telangana for the development of an Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range(IEWR) for the Indian Air Force (IAF) at a cost of ~Rs 1,109 crore.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
- Founded: 1954
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Officiating Chairman & MD: Anandi Ramalingam
Book and Author
NITI Aayog & FAO launched a book titled “Indian Agriculture towards 2030”
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW), Narendra Singh Tomar has released a book titled “Indian Agriculture towards 2030: Pathways for Enhancing Farmers’ Income, Nutritional Security and Sustainable Food and Farm Systems”, at an event organized by NITI Aayog and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
- The book was edited by Ramesh Chand, Pramod Joshi and Shyam Khadka.
- Indian Agriculture towards 2030 captures the outcomes of the deliberative process of national dialogue by NITI Aayog and the Ministries of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare; and Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, and facilitated by FAO since 2019.
Indian Agriculture towards 2030 themes:
- Transforming Indian Agriculture
- Structural Reforms and Governance
- Dietary Diversity, Nutrition and Food Safety
- Managing Climate Risks in Agriculture
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Symbiosis of Water and Agricultural Transformation in India
- Pests, Pandemics, Preparedness and Biosecurity
- Transformative Agroecology-Based Alternatives for a Sustainable and Biodiverse Future
About United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO):
- Founded: 16 October 1945, Quebec City, Canada
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Director-General: Qu Dongyu
30 March: Rajasthan Diwas
- Rajasthan Foundation Day or Rajasthan Diwas is observed on 30th March to commemorate the state’s formation.
- On 30th March 1949, Rajasthan was formed after the merging of Rajputana into the Indian Union.
- The 73rd foundation day of Rajasthan is being celebrated on Rajasthan Day 2022. The largest state by area in India is Rajasthan and it is located in the country’s northwest part.
- 4 percent of the country’s geographical area is covered by Rajasthan. Rajasthan is India’s seventh-largest state by population.
31 March: International Transgender Day of Visibility
- International Transgender Day of Visibility is observed globally on 31st March every year.
- The day is dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.
- The day was founded by US-based transgender activist Rachel Crandall of Michigan in 2009.
31 March: World Backup Day
- World Backup Day is marked every year on March 31. The day reminds us to protect our precious digital documents as we’ve become more reliant on technology.
- It is a day for people to learn about the increasing role of data in our lives and the importance of regular backups. Originally,
- World Backup Day began as World Backup Month, by a hard drive company named Maxtor which was later acquired by Seagate Technology.
- The aim of the day is simple, to raise awareness of how to safely backup data to introduce people to the 3-2-1 strategy. This strategy leads the backup campaign and is a solid tried and tested approach that’s easy for anyone to adapt.
31 March: International Day of Drug Checking
- The International Day of Drug Checking takes place on March 31 every year since 2017 to ensure people are educated on drugs and aware of their effects.
- The day aims to promote harm reduction initiatives of drugs and reduce drug-related risks. Along with it, it also marks promoting harm reduction actions of drugs and reduces drug-related risks.
- Their goal on the 31st of March is to raise public awareness of the availability of drug checking services and companies from across the planet.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs