Current Affairs 3rd August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Odisha signed an MoU with FICCI for upcoming ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave 2022
- Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha and the industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) have signed an MoU making the latter a national industry partner for the Make in Odisha Conclave 2022 to be held from November 30 to December 04, 2022.
- Make in Odisha is the most enterprising event in Odisha, attracting investors, entrepreneurs, and industrialists alike.
- This is going to be the third edition of the Make in Odisha Conclave. The first edition in 2016 witnessed an overwhelming response receiving over Rs 2 Lakh Crores worth of investment intent.
- The preceding two events have already had a tremendous impact by making Odisha the preferred investment destination. The trend will continue this year, and the conclave will reach new heights, bringing more investments and job opportunities to the state.
- The state has grown at 10.1 percent making it one of the fastest growing economies in India. The manufacturing sector with 56 percent share in Industrial gross value added grew at 14.3 percent in 2021-22 while the mining sector with 21 percent share registered 18.1 percent growth.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Formation – 1927
- Founder – Ghanshyam Das Birla and Purshottamdas Thakurdas
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Secretary General – Dilip Chenoy
- Director General – Monideepa Mukerjee
- President – Sanjiv Mehta
Reliance Jio top bidder with Rs 88,078 crore bid for 5G
- The government has mopped up a record over Rs 1.5 lakh crore from India’s first auction of 5G spectrum which ended with Reliance Jio emerging as the largest bidder.
- Market leader Jio acquired 24,740 MHz of 5G airwaves which can offer mobile internet speeds 10 times faster than 4G worth a whopping Rs 88,078 crore, contributing nearly 59% to the central kitty.
- Jio’s buys included frequencies in the super-efficient but costly 700 MHz band as well as those in the 1800 MHz band in UP(East). It won 10 MHz of the band in the circle after a bitter fight with Airtel, paying Rs 1,646 crore and taking the price nearly 81% higher than its base rate.
- Bharti Airtel, the country’s second-largest telco, bought 19,867.8 MHz of bandwidth worth Rs 43,084 crore while cash-strapped Vodafone Idea spent Rs 18,799 crore to buy 6,228 MHz of airwaves. New entrant, Adani Data Networks, a unit of the diversified Adani Group made modest purchases of Rs 212 crore for 400 MHz of spectrum across six cities in only the 26 GHz band this time round, purely for its captive private network needs.
About Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- Founded – 8 May 1973
- Founder – Dhirubhai Ambani
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD – Mukesh Ambani
- Owner – Mukesh Ambani (50.49%)
- Director – Nita Dalal Ambani
- Subsidiaries – Jio Platforms (67.03%), Jio Payments Bank (70%)
TATA steel to invest Rs 3000 cr in developing seating systems for new Vande Bharat Trains
- Tata Group is planning to spend Rs 3,000 crore on Research and Development by FY26 and is set to roll out the ‘First in India’ seating system for Vande Bharat Express trains from September 2022.
- The steel-to-salt conglomerate is also targeting to be among the top 5 technology firms in the steel industry globally by 2030.
- Tata Steel’s Composites division bagged a Rs 145 crore bulk order for seating systems of the Vande Bharat express that includes the supply of complete seating systems for 22 train sets, with 16 coaches in each train set.
- These are specially designed seats, which can rotate 180 degrees and have aircraft-style passenger amenities. This is ‘first-in-India’ kind of supply, which will be executed over 12 months starting September 2022.
- Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, is the second fastest train in India, which operates at a speed of 130 km/hr.
West Bengal to get seven new districts, total now 30
- The West Bengal Government, led by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, has announced 7 new districts
- for the state.
- With the launch of the 7 new districts, the total number of districts in West Bengal has increased to 30.
- Earlier there were 23 districts in the state.
- List of new districts is given below-
- One more district will be named in the Basirhat region
Newly District in News
- West Bengal to form 7 new districts, making a total of 30 districts (Earlier 27 District)
- Andhra Pradesh Proposed to Re-organize the current 13 districts to 26 new districts.
- Nagaland creates 3 new districts Niuland, Tseminyu, Chumukedima (Total 15 District)
- Meghalaya Cabinet approves the creation of a new district named Eastern West Khasi Hills District (total 12 District).
- Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel announced 4 new districts (Mohla Manpur, Sarangarh Bilaigarh, Shakti, Manendragarh) total 32 district.
- Punjab CM Declares Malerkotla as the 23rd District (carved out of the Sangrur district).
India observed Chabahar Day conference with emphasis on linkage with Central Asia
- The Ministry of Port, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) has observed ‘Chabahar Day’ in Mumbai.
- Union Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated the Chabahar Day conference.
- Objective – To mark the Chabahar Link to International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) Connecting Central Asian Markets.
- India’s vision is to make Shahid Beheshti Port at Chabahar a transit hub and linking it to INSTC to reach out to Central Asian Countries.
- The Chabahar Port is a key pillar of India’s India-Pacific vision to connect Eurasia with the Indian Ocean Region.
- The Chabahar Port located in Iran is the commercial transit center for the region and especially Central Asia.
- There are 13 member states of the INSTC project – India, Iran, Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Tajikistan, Kyrgystan, Oman, Turkey, Syria and Ukraine.
- Bulgaria is the Observer State. The Baltic countries like Latvia and Estonia have also expressed willingness to join the INSTC.
Kerala launched eggs and milk scheme for Anganwadi children
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated a project of the Women and Child Development department to provide milk and eggs to children at all anganwadis in the state.
- Kerala government has set aside over Rs 61.5 crore to include milk and eggs in the Anganwadi menu.
- Under this scheme, each child will be given 125 ml of milk two days a week for 44 weeks (10 months) and an egg twice a week.
- Under this project, four lakh children in the age group of 3-6 from the 33,115 anganwadis of the state will receive eggs and milk twice a week.
- The introduction of milk and eggs for Anganwadi children is intended to improve their nutritional parameters and assumes significance as ending hunger is one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated six National Highway projects in Madhya Pradesh
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 6 National Highway projects of 119 km worth Rs 2300 crore in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- The development of the Dhar-Pithampur Industrial Corridor will create new employment opportunities.
- An MoU was signed between the state govt and NHAI for the construction of ropeways at 14 selected places in Madhya Pradesh.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Appointment and Resignation
Dr. Sujoy Lal Thaosen took over the additional charge of DG of ITBP
- Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Dr. Sujoy Lal Thaosen has taken over the additional charge of Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in New Delhi.
- Thaosen is an IPS Officer of the 1988 batch, Madhya Pradesh Cadre.
- IPS Sanjay Arora handed over the charge and customary baton to Dr. Thaosen.
- Delhi police commissioner – Sanjay Arora
- Principal DG of PIB – Satyendra Prakash
- India’s High Commissioner to Bangladesh – Pranay Verma
- India’s High Commissioner to UK – Vikram Doraiswami
- Chief Economist of World Bank – Indermit Gill
Noise appointed Vaani Kapoor as brand ambassador for its new smartwatch
- Noise has roped in actor Vaani Kapoor as the brand ambassador of its upcoming X-Fit 2 series smartwatch.
- The company last year announced an earlier X-Fit series in partnership with HRX, a fitness brand jointly owned by Hrithik Roshan and Exceed Entertainment.
- The company will showcase its ‘Keep Going’ campaign across its digital assets.
IFS officer Shweta Singh appointed as Director of PMO
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Shweta Singh has been appointed as a director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Singh is a 2008-batch IFS officer.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Singh’s appointment for a period of three years from the date of her joining.
- The ACC has canceled the appointment of Aniket Govind Mandavgane, a 2009-batch IFS officer, as the Deputy Secretary in the PMO.
Auguste Tano Kouam appointed as World Bank’s Country Director for India
- The World Bank has appointed Auguste Tano Kouame as the Country Director for India.
- He replaces Junaid Kamal Ahmad who recently completed a five-year term.
- Auguste, a national of Cote d’Ivoire, most recently served as the World Bank’s Country Director for the Republic of Turkiye.
About World Bank
- Founded – 1944
- Headquarters – Washington DC
- President – David Malpass
- MD & CFO – Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist – Carman Reinhart
- Executive Director – Rajesh Khullar
- Member Countries -189
- World Bank Group – 5 (IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA and ICSID)
Vice-President presents the ‘President’s Colours’ to Tamil Nadu Police
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has presented the prestigious ‘President’s Colours’ to the Tamil Nadu Police.
- It is the highest honour given to the military, paramilitary and police forces of States and Union Territories.
- Though it was approved for the TN Police in 2009, it was not ceremonially accorded.
- TN is the first police force in southern India to receive this honour.
- The President’s Colours is a recognition of services rendered by police personnel during the past 160 years. The Police Department was established in 1856 in Chennai, then known as Madras and in 1859 a police Act for the city was enacted.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
- Global Energy Prize 2022 – Indian-Origin Professor Kaushik Rajashekara
- UAE honoured Kamal Haasan by granting him Golden Visa
- Mother Teresa Memorial Award by the Maharashtra govt. – Dia Mirza & Afroz Shah
- Mrs Universe Divine Crown in South Korea – Pallavi Singh (India)
- Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star award by Japan Govt. – Narayanan Kumar VC of Sanmar Group
Anahat Singh: India’s youngest athlete at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- 14 years old Squash player Anahat Singh is India’s youngest athlete to participate in the ongoing 2022 Commonwealth Games (CWG) in Birmingham.
- She hails from Delhi and is currently studying in Class 9.
- She was selected for the Indian team following her victory at the Asian Junior Squash in 2022.
- On 29 July 2022, Anahat won her debut match at the CWG 2022 by defeating her opponent, Jada Ross.
Tania Sachdev won 44th Chess Olympiad
- Tania Sachdev registered a 2.5-1.5 win for India against Hungary in the fourth-round match of women section at the 44th Chess Olympiad in Mamallapuram, Chennai.
- Koneru Humpy, Dronavalli Harika and R Vaishali ended with a draw in their respective encounters.
- She thrashed Zsoka Gaal to earn a decisive point as well as a match for the team.
2 August 2022 – 146th birth anniversary of Pingali Venkayya
- On 2 August 2022, the 146th birth anniversary of freedom fighter Pingali Venkayya was celebrated across the country.
- Venkayya, a freedom fighter and staunch Gandhian, was the first to draw up a rudimentary design of the national flag in 1921.
- His design for the National Flag was finally approved by Mahatama Gandhi in Vijayawada in 1921.
- The flag is a symbolic expression of how the country sees and identifies itself.
- India’s Tiranga has a unique meaning that defines what the country believes and strives for, the saffron on top symbolizes strength and courage, white in the middle represents peace and truth and green at the bottom stands for fertility, growth, and auspiciousness of the land. The 24 spokes of the Ashok Chakra show that there is life in movement and death in stagnation.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs