Current Affairs 3rd December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
ADB approved USD 500 million loan to GoI for enhancing quality of school education
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 500 million (about Rs 3,752 crore) loan to help the government of India improve the quality of the country’s school education and mitigate the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic on students’ learning.
- The loan supports the Integrated Scheme for School Education (Samagra Shiksha) and the new Exemplar School Initiative of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to improve education quality by focusing on inclusive and equitable learning outcomes.
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
- $100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
- $250 million: to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP)
- $61 Million: loan under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’
- USD 300 million: loan to improve access to healthcare in urban areas
- USD 1.5 billion: to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
- $125 million: for Uttarakhand water supply and sanitation projects
World Cooperative Monitor report 2021: IFFCO ranked 1st among Top 300 cooperatives in the world
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has been ranked ‘number one Cooperative’ among the top 300 cooperatives in the world in the 2021 edition of the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report, withholding its position from 2020 edition.
- The 2021 WCM report is published by the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) and European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises (Euricse).
- WCM is a project designed to collect robust economic, organizational, and social data about cooperatives worldwide.
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO):
- Founded: 1967
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD & CEO: DR. U. S. Awasthi
Banking and Financial
OECD projected India growth forecast to 9.4% for FY22
- Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) decreased India’s growth forecast to 9.4% for FY22 from 9.7% estimated in September 2021.
- It has projected the Indian economy to grow at 8.1% in FY23, and moderate to 5% in FY24. OECD lowered global growth forecast for 2021 to 5.6% from 5.7% earlier.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%
- RBI: 9.5%
Bajaj Finserv launched 2nd Phase of “Savdhaan Rahein. Safe Rahein” campaign
- Bajaj Finserv, one of the largest financial conglomerates in India, has launched the 2nd phase of “Savdhaan Rahein. Safe Rahein”, a public awareness campaign on Life Insurance fraud.
- The campaign has a jingle ‘Na Ji Na Ji’ with a character named ‘Gupta Ji’ who spreads awareness messages.
- Aim: To educate its customers and the general public on how to stay safe from life insurance fraud.
RBI appointed 3-member advisory committee to assist RCL’s administrator Nageswar Rao
- RBI has appointed a three-member advisory committee for assisting the administrator of Reliance Capital Limited (RCL), appointed to the company in discharging his duties.
- RBI superseded the Board of Directors of Reliance Capital Ltd (RCL), by appointing Nageswar Rao Y as the administrator of the company.
- Members: Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan, Praveen P Kadle
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
- Technology Innovation Group on 6G formed by DoT: K Rajaraman
- Committee to determine RoDTEP rates for exports from SEZs, EOUs: Gopal Krishna Pillai
- ‘Central Vista Oversight Committee’ to expedite pace of project: Ratan P Watal
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s committee to review criteria for reservation for EWS: Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- NITI Aayog’s committee to formulate an action plan for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): Arjan Kumar Sikri
SBI listed USD 650-million Green Bonds on India INX and LuxSE
- State Bank of India (SBI) listed its USD 650-million green bonds simultaneously on the India International Exchange (India INX) and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE).
- This dual listing is in line with 2021’s topic of the World Investor Week (WIW), ‘sustainable finance’, as indicated by the regulatory body International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA).
- India INX has now emerged as the leading bond listing venue with over $33 billion.
About India International Exchange (India INX)
- Founded: 2017
- Headquarters: Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- MD & CEO: V. Balasubramaniam
Kotak Mahindra Bank partnered with Worldline for Easy EMI Services
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced a partnership with Europe-based payment and transactional service firm, Worldline to enable Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) payments via Kotak debit cards in India.
- The Kotak debit card EMI is available to all consumers, retailers, fashion and electronic products to pay instalments easily using Worldline Point of Sale (POS) terminals.
- The minimum purchase to be done to avail the EMI services with Kotak Debit Card is Rs. 5,000. The customers have the flexibility to repay their loans over a period of 3 to 12 months.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB):
- Founded: 2003
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak
- Tagline: Let’s make money simple
Appointment and Resignation
Gita Gopinath will be appointed as new First Deputy Managing Director of IMF
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)Chief Economist, Gita Gopinath is set to take over as the institution’s No.2 official.
- First Deputy Managing Director (FDMD) Geoffrey Okamoto will leave the Fund early next year and Gita Gopinath will be IMF’s new First Deputy Managing Director.
- It is going to be a historic movement when International Monetary Fund has the female at its first two leading positions.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF):
- Formation: 27 December 1945
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Member Countries: 190
- MD: Kristalina Georgieva
Sanjay Dutt signed as Brand Ambassador for 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh
- The Arunachal Pradesh Government has signed Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt as a brand ambassador and award-winning filmmaker and branding expert Rahul Mittra as brand advisor of the occasion of their golden jubilee celebrations, marking the 50th year of the naming of the state.
- Sanjay Dutt launched a media campaign for the month-long celebrations, from 20th January to 20th February 2022 at the Mechuka valley of AP’s Shi-Yomi district.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’: Lovlina Borgohain
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
- TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav: MC Mary Kom
- Maharashtra COVID vaccination ambassador: Salman Khan
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
Naomi Kawase named as UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Director-General Audrey Azoulay appointed Japanese film director Naomi Kawase as the UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries.
- She has been recognised for her commitment to culture and creativity at the service of the development of more just societies, especially for girls and women, and of her support for the objectives of UNESCO.
About UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization):
- Founded: 16 November 1945
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Members: 193 countries
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
Himachal Pradesh Police honoured with ‘President’s Colour’ award
- HP Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar honoured the Himachal Pradesh police with the ‘President’s Colour’ award, which was received by the Director-General of Police Sanjay Kundu on the behalf of state police.
- Himachal Pradesh Police has conducted the ‘President’s Colour Award’ ceremony at Shimla’s historic Ridge Ground. Himachal Pradesh Police is India’s eighth state police force to receive this honour.
- ‘President Colour’ is a special achievement, demonstrating that the state police ranks highly in the service of humanity, as well as performance, professionalism, integrity, human rights protection, and other factors.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
IGI Airport, Delhi adjudged ‘Best Airport in India and Central Asia’ in 2021 by Skytrax
- Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi has been adjudged as the ‘Best Airport in India and Central Asia’ this year by Skytrax.
- Delhi airport along with the others in Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Bengaluru feature in the World To 100 airports list published by Skytrax.
- Rs 36,000 crores worth investments are being planned to develop new greenfield airports across the country under Public-Private Partnership mode.
Anju Bobby George won the Woman of Year Award at World Athletics Awards 2021
- Legendary Indian long jumper Anju Bobby George has won the Woman of the Year Award by World Athletics at the World Athletics Awards 2021 for grooming talent in the country and advocating gender equality.
- The 44-year-old Anju, the only Indian to have won a medal in the World Championships with a long jump bronze in the 2003 edition, was named for the award in the world body’s annual awards night held virtually. She is a gold medallist in 2005 IAAF World Athletics Finals.
- She is the first Indian to be honoured by the sport’s world body during its annual awards function.
World Athletics Awards 2021: Full list of winners:
World Athletes of the Year
Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) and Karsten Warholm (Norway)
Female Rising Star
Athing Mu (United States)
Male Rising Star
Erriyon Knighton (United States)
|Member Federations Award||
Federacion Costarricense de Atletismo (Costa Rica) Brazil
Mutaz Barshim (Qatar) and Gianmarco Tamberi (Italy)
Peter Diamond, Executive Vice President of NBC Olympic Programming (United States)
Coaching Achievement Award
Bobby Kersee (United States)
|Woman of the Year Award||
Anju Bobby George
|Jean-Pierre Durand World Athletics Photograph of the Year||
Photograph by Ryan Pierse of the women’s high jump qualifying at the Tokyo Olympic Games
About World Athletics:
- Founded: 1912
- Headquarters: Monaco, Europe
- President: Sebastian Coe
Bangladesh, US conducted bilateral exercise CARAT
- US military personnel and Bangladesh Navy began the 27th annual Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) maritime exercise virtually and also in the Bay of Bengal.
- The nine-day exercise focuses on a wide range of naval capabilities and includes cooperative actions that demonstrate the US and Bangladesh’s capacity to work together to ensure a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- Since 2011, the Bangladesh Navy has been participating in the CARAT exercise, which is celebrating its 27th anniversary this year.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
3 December: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities or World Handicapped day is a global observance celebrated every year on December 3 with a motive to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society.
- The annual observance of this day was proclaimed in 1992 by United Nations General Assembly resolution 47/3 with an aim to increase awareness of the issues faced by persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life.
- Theme 2021: “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs