Daily GK Update 3 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Kerala retains top rank in Niti Aayog’s SDG India Index 2020-21, Bihar, Jharkhand worst performer
- Kerala has retained the top rank in Niti Aayog’s SDG India Index 2020-21, while Bihar has been adjudged as the worst performer.
- The Index for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) evaluates progress of states and union territories on social, economic and environmental parameters. Kerala retained its rank as the top state with a score of 75.
- The third rendition of India’s SDG Index was launched by Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar on 3rd June.
The top-performing states and UTs as per the report are:
- Kerala with a score of- 75
- Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu with a score of -74
- Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka and Uttarakhand scored- 72
- Sikkim scored- 71
- Maharashtra with a Goal score of- 70
The worst-performing states and UTs include:
- Chhattisgarh, Nagaland and Odisha with a score of- 61
- Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh at a score of- 60
- Assam scored- 57
- Jharkhand scored- 56
- Bihar at-52
International (Current Affairs)
Isaac Herzog Elected as President of Israel
- Veteran Israeli politician, Isaac Herzog, has been elected as the President of the country on June 01, 2021, during the 120 members parliamentary election for 2021.
- The 60-year-old Herzog will be the 11th President of Israel, assuming office with effect from July 09, 2021. He will succeed Reuven Rivlin, who is set to complete his tenure in July 2021 after seven years in office.
Note: About Israel
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Capital: Jerusalem.
- Currency: Israeli Shekel.
Banking and Financial
K.P. Krishnan Committee on Variable Capital Company submits report
- Dr. K.P. Krishnan committee on “Variable Capital Company” has submitted its report to International Financial Services centres Authority (IFSCA) regarding feasibility of Variable Capital Companies in International Financial Services Centres in India.
- IFSCA had set up K.P. Krishnan committee to explore potential for allowing variable capital company (VCC) as an additional option using which asset managers could pool investors’ funds.
- About VCC: VCC is an alternative form of corporate vehicle which can be used for open-ended as well as closed-ended alternative and traditional fund strategies. It is a corporate vehicle with flexible capital because of which shares are created when investments are made and shares are readily redeemable by shareholders. It has been designed for fund management industry.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Evaluate Bank Applications: Shyamala Gopinath
- RBI to set up Regulations Review Authority: M Rajeshwar Rao
- RBI set up a committee about Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) – Sudarshan Sen
- RBI set up a committee second Regulatory Review Authority (RRA 2.0): S Janaki Raman
- IFSCA constitutes an expert committee on Investment Funds headed by: Nilesh Shah
Wipro becomes third Indian IT firm to scale Rs 3 trillion market cap
- Wipro on 3rd June touched Rs 3 trillion in market capitalisation for the first time, becoming the third Indian IT firm to achieve the milestone after Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys.
- The company won its largest deal ever from German retailer Metro and has seen deal wins of $7.1 billion. India has total of 13 listed firms that have crossed the Rs 3 trillion m-cap. Wipro now ranks 14th.
ICICI Lombard companions with Microsoft to automate audits of service calls
- The country’s largest private sector general insurer, ICICI Lombard has tied up with Microsoft to strengthen and automate the quality control processes.
- The insurer will make use of Microsoft’s Azure Speech Services and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to screen its daily service calls made by customer service reps.
Note: About ICICI Lombard
- CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta.
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Founded: 2001.
IBF appoints Vikramjit Sen as the chairman
- The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) announced the appointment of former Supreme Court judge Justice Vikramjit Sen as the Chairman of its newly formed self-regulatory body Digital Media Content Regulatory Council (DMCRC).
- DMCRC is formed as per the mandate of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021. The move was done to bring together the broadcasters and OTT (over-the-top) platforms.
Note: About IBF
- Founded: 1999
- Purpose: Representing Television Broadcasters
Dr Patrick Amoth of Kenya Appointed as Chair of WHO Executive Board
- Dr Patrick Amoth, the acting Director-General for Health, Ministry of Health of Kenya has been appointed as the Chairman of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Executive Board, for a period of one year.
- The announcement was made during the 149th session of the WHO Executive Board, on June 02, 2021, by the outgoing Chair Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Dr Vardhan will continue to be a member of the Executive Board of WHO till 2023. The chairman’s post is held on a rotation basis for one year among regional groups.
June 3 : World Bicycle Day
- World Bicycle Day is marked on June 3. The day is observed to draw people’s attention towards the importance and benefits of riding a bicycle. It is a well-known fact that riding a bicycle is not only good for one’s health but is also good for the environment as it is a zero pollution mode of transportation.
- Health benefits of regular cycling include increased muscle strength and flexibility, decrease in stress levels, increase in cardiovascular fitness, decrease in the body fat levels, prevention or management of diseases among others.
2 June: Telengana Formation Day
- Telangana, India’s then 29th and at present 28th state after Jammu and Kashmir was made UT, was formed on June 2, 2014.
- Telangana was merged with Andhra on November 1, 1956, by carving it out of erstwhile Madras to form a united state for the Telugu-speaking population.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|