Current Affairs 3rd November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
IOC will set up India’s first mega-scale Maleic Anhydride Plant in Haryana
- The Indian Oil Corp (IOC) will set up India’s first mega-scale Maleic Anhydride Plant with an outlay of Rs 3,681 crores to manufacture value-added chemical products at its Panipat refinery and petroleum complex (PRPC) in Haryana.
- This proposed project will have a capacity of 120,000 tonnes per annum of Maleic Anhydride (MAH) that is used to make speciality products like polyester resins and surface coatings plasticizers, agrochemicals and lubricant additives.
- The proposed plant will reduce import dependence and save foreign exchange of about USD 150 million per year, catering to Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
RBI panel on ARCs proposed norms for valuers, reserve price
- The RBI committee on ARC has submitted its report. It suggested that the scope of Section 5 of the SARFAESI Act be expanded to permit ARCs to acquire financial assets from all regulated entities.
- It recommended all accounts above Rs 500 cr, two bank-approved external valuers and b/w Rs 100 – Rs 500 cr, one valuer should carry out a valuation to determine the liquidation value and fair market value.
- The committee was headed by former RBI Executive Director Sudarshan Sen.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
- SC’s committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India: R V Raveendran
- Reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the PM: Bibek Debroy
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
Jitendra Singh dedicated ‘Sardar Patel Leadership Centre’ to the Nation
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has dedicated to the nation “Sardar Patel Leadership Centre” at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie. The facility was inaugurated on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on October 31, 2021, which marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The Sardar Patel Leadership Centre aims to lay the foundation capacity building for future generations of Civil Servants from India and Abroad, as visualised by the Father of All India Services.
- The Centre aims to lay the foundation capacity building for future generations of Civil Servants. The center was dedicated on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
73rd Information and Public Relations Day celebrated in Manipur
- 73rd Information and Public Relations Day was celebrated on November 01, 2021, at the Directorate of Information and Public Relations (DIPR) Auditorium, Imphal, Manipur.
- The day marks the establishment of the Publicity office of the Government of Manipur with late RK Maipaksana as the 1st Publicity Officer in 1949.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
Banking and Financial
World Bank provided $40 million to strengthen health systems in Meghalaya
- The Government of India and Meghalaya have signed USD 40 million with World Bank to strengthen health project agreement for the state of Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will improve the quality of health services in the state and strengthen the management and governance capabilities of the state to handle future health emergencies including COVID-19.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021
- $68 million- improve quality of school education in Nagaland
- $500 million- help boost India’s MSME sector
- $32 million-Improving healthcare services in Mizoram
- $250 Million: Initiatives of SALT Programme in AP
- $250 Million: Project to make existing dams safe and resilient
- $300 Million (Additional Loan): Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project for upgrading rural roads
- $150 Million: Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services
World Bank, NITI Aayog to set up $300 million Risk Sharing Instrument for financing EVs
- NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and the World Bank (WB) are working together to facilitate a program for faster and easier financing of electric vehicles (EVs).
- NITI Aayog and World Bank are setting up a $300-million ‘first loss risk sharing instrument’, with the State Bank of India (SBI) as its program manager.
- The current rate of interest for electric two-wheelers & electric 3 Wheelers, which is in the range of 20-25 percent is expected to be reduced to 10-12 percent.
About World Bank:
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States
- Headquarters: Washington DC, USA
- President: David R. Malpass
BoB signed MoU with NCDEX e-Markets Ltd to Support Agro e-commerce Businesses
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) signed an MoU with NCDEX eMarkets Limited (NeML).
- Through this agreement BoB will work as a ‘Clearing Bank’ and it will handle financial transactions in the NeML marketplace and auction platform.
- The agreement will help NeML in expanding agri e-commerce business across India.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
- Founded: 20 July 1908
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
- Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
National Sports Award 2021 announced
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports announced the National Sports Awards 2021. The awardees will receive their awards from the President of India Ramnath Kovind at a specially organized function at the Darbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan on 13th November 2021. National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- The Selection Committee was headed by Justice (Retd.) Mukundakam Sharma (former Judge of Supreme Court), consisting members from eminent sportspersons and persons having experience in sports journalism & sports administrator etc.
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award 2021 will be given to 12 Sportspersons. 35 Sportspersons will receive Arjuna Awards for outstanding performance in Sports and Games 2021. Click Here to read the complete list of winners.
Indian Navy 7th Talwar Class stealth frigate Tushil launched in Russia
- 7th Indian Navy frigate of Talwar Class Frigate, INS Tushil has been launched at Yantar Shipyard at Kaliningrad in Russia.
- It has been formally named as Tushil, a Sanskrit word which means protector shield, by Dalta Vidya Varma in the presence of Ambassador of India (Moscow) D Bala Venkatesh Varma and other dignitaries.
- It has been developed under Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) between India and Russia in 2016 for the construction of four additional P1135.6 class ships for Indian Navy. It will be commissioned into Indian Navy in mid-2023 followed by its sister ship by the end of 2023.
Indian Table Tennis Players G Sathiyan & Harmeet Desai won Men’s Doubles Title at WTT Contender Tunis
- Indian Table Tennis players Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Harmeet Desai have won the Men’s doubles title of the World Table Tennis (WTT) Contender Tunis tournament 2021, against Emmanuel Lebesson and Alexander Cassin of France.
- WTT Contender Tunis 2021 was held in Tunisia from 24th to 30th October 2021 at Salle Omnisport de Rades, Tunis, Tunisia.
- This is the first-ever WTT Series held in Tunisia and the first-ever WTT series held in entire Africa.
Winners of WTT Contender Tunis 2021:
|Men’s Singles||Anton Kallberg|
|Women’s Singles||Hana Matelova|
|Men’s Doubles||Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
|Women’s Doubles||Linda Bergstrom
|Mixed Doubles||Emmanuel Lebesson
Jia Nan Yuan
About International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF):
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Weikert
Book and Author
Subhadra Sen Gupta authored a book titled “The Story of the First Civilizations: From Mesopotamia to the Aztecs”
- A book titled “The Story of the First Civilizations: From Mesopotamia to the Aztecs” was written by Subhadra Sen Gupta.
- This is the last book authored by Subhadra Sen Gupta and published posthumously by Talking Cub, an imprint of Speaking Tiger.
- The book is an informative book for Children, on the ancient civilizations around the world like Mesopotamia, Egypt, Indus valley, Greece, Rome etc.
Oher books of Subhadra Sen Gupta:
- The Constitution of India for Children
- A Children’s History of India
- Mystery of the House of Pigeons
- Mahal: Power and Pageantry in the Mughal Harem
2 November: Ayurveda Day 2021
- Ayurveda Day was celebrated on November 2 this year. Every year, Ayurveda day is observed on Dhanwantri Jayanti or Dhanteras with the aim of creating awareness in today’s generation on the power of Ayurveda and promoting the principles of Ayurveda on healing.
- Ayurveda Day, a global initiative by the Center for Public Diplomacy and Soft Power of India Foundation. The Ministry of AYUSH celebrated the first National Ayurveda Day on 28th October 2016.
- Theme 2021: “Ayurveda for Poshan”.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs