Current Affairs 4th, 5th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
RK Singh inaugurated the “Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project” in J&K
- Union Power Minister R K Singh virtually inaugurated the diversion of the Marusudar River of Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project in Kishtwar, J&K.
- Pakal Dul HE Project (1,000 MW) is being constructed by Chenab Valley Power Projects Pvt Limited (CVPPPL) and Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation. Marusudar River is a major tributary of the Chenab River.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
IREDA launched ‘Whistle Blower’ portal to raise Complaint on Corruption
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) has launched a ‘‘Whistle-blower Portal’’, as a part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’celebrated from 26th October to 2nd November 2021.
- The Whistle-blower Portal has been developed by the IT Team of the company and will help the IREDA employees to raise concerns related to fraud, corruption, abuse of power among other things.
- The portal is a part of IREDA’s “Zero tolerance” of corruption policy. It will also enhance good and responsible governance.
About Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA):
- Founded: 11 March 1987
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director: Pradip Kumar Das
2022 QS World University Rankings: 2 Indian institutions among the Top-50, National University of Singapore topped
- QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) released 2022 QS World University Rankings: Asia featuring 118 Indian Universities following China with 126 universities.
- The ranking has been topped by the National University of Singapore (NUS) for the 4th year in a row. It is followed by China’s Peking University at 2nd position and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, and the University of Hong Kong in Hong Kong at 3rd.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) (42nd regionally) and IIT Delhi (45th regionally) are the only two Indian institutions among the Top-50. IIT Madras, which was in 50th place last year, has lost four places and now ranks 54th.
Telangana invited to participate in International Seed Conference by FAO
- Telangana got a rare recognition as it was invited to participate in the International Seed Conference that would be held virtually by FAO of the UN.
- International Seed Conference, is being organized to discuss the development of the seed industry. The initiatives are taken up for transforming Telangana as a seed hub will be telecast in English, Spanish, and French
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Banking and Financial
HDFC Life acquired 100% shareholding of Exide Life
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) gave the approval to HDFC Life Insurance Company for acquiring 100% shareholding of Exide Life Insurance Limited under Article 31 (1) of the Competition Law of 2002.
- After the completion of the share acquisition, Exide Life (which will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of HDFC Life) is proposed to merge with HDFC Life.
- The Deal was signed for INR 6,687 crore. In which, HDFC Life is to pay INR 725.98 crore in cash, and left money will pay by issuing 87 million shares at INR 685 apiece to Exide Industries.
ADB approved $61 Million loans under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $61 million loan under the ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’ to improve livability, harness technology, and promote new developments to accommodate the expanding population in the city of Agartala, Tripura.
- The Agartala City Urban Development Project will build and upgrade 48 kilometers (km) of new or existing stormwater drainage and construct 23 km of climate-resilient urban roads.
- ADB will also provide a $1 million technical assistance (TA) grant from its Technical Assistance Special Fund to support the project’s capacity building and awareness-raising activities.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Members: 68 countries
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
- $112 Million: Improve water supply infrastructure in Jharkhand
- $300 Million: Expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
- $4.5 million: for Mizoram to support Urban Mobility
- $251 million: Integrated Urban Flood Management in Chennai
- $100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
- $250 million: to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP)
Flipkart signed MoU with the Ministry of Rural Development to aid DAY-NRLM
- The e-marketplace Flipkart has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), in order to empower local businesses and self-help groups (SHGs) through Central Government’s Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) program.
- Under this MoU, these businesses, especially led by women, will utilize Flipkart’s e-commerce platform to sell their products to its 10 crore customers.
About Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD):
- Union Minister: Giriraj Singh
- Constituency: Begusarai (Bihar)
ICICI Lombard partnered with Vega Helmets to promote road safety awareness
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd (ICICI Lombard) has partnered with Vega Helmets to increase road safety awareness and to promote the habit of protection.
- Under this partnership, ICICI Lombard will provide a personal accident policy on every online purchase of Vega Helmet. The personal accident cover will offer the benefits of accidental death with an insured amount of Rs 1 lakh. This is applicable on a worldwide basis.
About ICICI Lombard:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta
ADB, AIIB planning $2 billion loan for India to purchase COVID-19 vaccines
- China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) along with the Asian Development (ADB) is currently processing a USD 2 billion loan for India to purchase COVID-19 vaccines under ADB’s Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX).
- AIIB provides USD 500 million and the Manila-based ADB is expected to finance USD 1.5 billion.
- India is the second-largest shareholder after China in AIIB, has approved 147 projects amounting to USD 28.9 billion.
About Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
- Formation: 16 January 2016 (Open for business); 25 December 2015 (Entry into force Articles of Agreement)
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Members: 103 Members
- President: Jin Liqun
List of Loan approved by AIIB in 2020-21
- $750 million -Help the government strengthen its battle against Covid-19
- $500 million-COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”
- $145 million-Improve irrigation services in West Bengal
- $500 Million: Improve the network capacity, service quality, and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
- $67 million: For the expansion of the Chennai Metro Rail System
Damon Galgut awarded Booker Prize 2021 for “The Promise”
- South African playwright and novelist Damon Galgut won the 2021 Booker Prize for “The Promise”, his third shortlisted novel which chronicles a family in his homeland from the late apartheid era through to Jacob Zuma’s presidency.
- Galgut took the prize on his third time as a finalist, for a book the judges called a“tour de force.” He was previously shortlisted for “The Good Doctor” in 2003 and “In a Strange Room” in 2010 but lost both times.
India and Egypt conducted Joint Exercise “Desert Warrior”
- Air forces of India and Egypt conducted a two-day exercise ‘Desert Warrior’ at El Beringat airbase, Egypt to enhance mutual understanding and share the operational experience.
- “The IAF and Egyptian Air Force participated in Exercise Desert Warrior conducted at El Berigat Air Base, Egypt from 30-31 Oct 2021.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’: India and UAE (Navy)
- Al Nagah: India and Oman
- Al-Mohed Al-Hindi: Indian Navy & Saudi Arabia Navy
- Nomadic Elephant: India and Mongolia
- Prabal Dostyk: India and Kazakhstan
Indian Navy received its first P15B Indigenous Stealth Guided-Missile Destroyer – ‘Visakhapatnam’
- The Indian Navy received its first P15B stealth guided-missile destroyer, which is named ‘Visakhapatnam’.
- The contract for four ships of Visakhapatnam class of Project 15 B (P15B) was signed in January 2011. The Visakhapatnam destroyer is a follow-up of Kolkata class (15 A) destroyers.
- Visakhapatnam is Designed by the Directorate of Naval Design, Indian Navy’s Design Organisation. The Destroyer is constructed by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd, Mumbai. Visakhapatnam will be commissioned from December 2021.
Book and Author
A new book titled “The Sage with Two Horns: Unusual Tales from Mythology” authored by Sudha Murty
- Sudha Murty, the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation and a renowned author has published her new book titled “The Sage with Two Horns: Unusual Tales from Mythology”, the 5th and last book of the “Unusual Tales from Mythology” series.
- The series features the stories of kings and queens, gods and goddesses, sages, and extraordinary men and women of wisdom.
Books of the “Unusual Tales from Mythology” series:
- The Serpent’s Revenge: Unusual Tales from the Mahabharata
- The Upside-Down King: Unusual Tales about Rama and Krishna
- The Man from The Egg: Unusual Tales About The Trinity
- The Daughter from a Wishing Tree: Unusual Tales about Women in Mythology
5 November: World Tsunami Awareness Day
- Every year, November 5 marks the World Tsunami Awareness Day to spread awareness about the deadly natural disaster.
- In a bid to spread awareness, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in December 2015 declared November 5 as World Tsunami Awareness Day. And, since 5 November 2016, the day has been observed continuously every year.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs