Current Affairs 4th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Table of Contents
Delhi government launched scheme to set up ‘Hobby Hubs’ in government schools
- The Delhi government has set up Hobby Hubs for government schools in Delhi after school hours to promote extra-curricular activities. This project will implement in the single shift government school.
- Aim: optimum use of school infrastructure and promote these extra-curricular activities
- Categories of activities: Dance, music, technical, literary, and others such as yoga, garment work, photography, and radio jockey.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
- Heritage site: Humayun’s Tomb, Qutb Minar and its Monuments
- River: Ganges, Yamuna
India’s unemployment rate fell to 7.6% in March from 8.1% in Feb 2022
- As per the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the overall unemployment rate in India fell to 7.6 percent in March 2022.
- This rate was 8.10 percent in February 2022. The report also stated that though the overall unemployment rate in the country is falling, it is still high for a “poor” country like India.
- Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate in March 2022, at 26.7 percent. It was followed by Rajasthan (25%) and Jammu and Kashmir (25 %), Bihar (14.4%), Tripura (14.1%) and West Bengal (5.6%).
- Karnataka and Gujaratregistered the least unemployment rate at 1.8 percent each in March 2022.
Chandrapur district of Maharashtra recorded third hottest place in the world; Kayes city of Mali is the hottest place
- According to the El Dorado weather website, Chandrapur was the third hottest city in the world, with a maximum temperature of 43.2 degrees Celsius. According to the Regional Meteorological Centre (RMC), Nagpur was also the hottest city in Vidarbha, with a maximum temperature of 41.6 degrees Celsius, followed by Akola.
- As per the El Dorado Weather, Kayes city of Mali is the hottest place on earth with 44.4 degrees Celsius on Tuesday, Segou of Mali is second in the list with 43.8 degrees Celsius whereas Chandrapur is third in the list.
JICA signed Japanese ODA loan agreements with India to provide loans of 312.258 billion Yen for 7 Projects
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed Japanese ODA (Official development assistance) Loan Agreements with the Government of India in Delhi, to provide Japanese ODA loans of up to a total of 258 billion Yen for 7 projects.
- This contributes to strengthening the Japan-India partnership and marks the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations by supporting the climate change response and building a resilient society.
The 7 projects are:
- The Dedicated Freight Corridor Project (Phase 2) (III)
- Chennai Metro Project (Phase 2)(II)
- Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Project (Phase 3) (II)
- North East Road Network Connectivity Improvement Project (Phase 6)
- Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Greening Project for Climate Change Response
- Assam Health System Strengthening Project
- Uttarakhand Integrated Horticulture Development Project
About Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA):
- Founded: August 1974
- Headquarters: Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
- President: Shinichi Kitaoka
Banking and Financial
Government collected all-time high Rs 1.42 lakh crores as GST of March 2022
- The gross collection of Goods and Services Tax (GST) has touched an all-time high of over 1,42,095 crores in March 2022.
- Of which Central Goods and Services Tax, CGST is 25,830 crore rupees, State Goods and Services Tax, SGST is 32,378 crore, Integrated Goods and Services Tax, IGST is 74,470 crore and cess is 9,417 crore rupees.
- In March 2022, revenues from the import of goods were 25% higher, and the revenues from the domestic transaction were 11% higher than in the same month last year.
Note: List of previous months GST Collection
- February 2022: Rs 1.33 Lakh crores
- January 2022: Rs 1.38 Lakh crores
- December 2021: Rs 1.29 Lakh crores
- November 2021: Rs 1.31 lakh crores
- October 2021: Rs 1.30 lakh crores
- September 2021: Rs. 1,17,010 crores
- August 2021: Rs. 1.12 lakh crores
- July 2021: Rs. 1,16,393 crores
RBI fixed WMA limit for States/UTs at Rs 47,010 crores
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reduced the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for states and Union Territories to Rs 47,010 crore from Rs 51,560 crore amid uncertainties related to COVID-19 w.e.f. April 1, 2022 and are subject to review.
- WMAs are temporary advances given by the RBI to the government to tide over any mismatch in receipts and payments. The limit for WMA for the Government of India (GoI) for the first half of FY23 (H1FY23) has been set at Rs 1,50,000 crore.
- The limit was changed after the recommendation by the Advisory Committee on Ways and Means Advances to State Governments (Chairman: Shri Sudhir Shrivastava). These norms will be effective from April 01, 2022 and are subject to review.
- The higher WMA i.e., Rs 51,560 crore was applicable till March 31, 2022. State Governments/UTs can avail overdraft on 14 consecutive days. State Governments/UTs can be in OD for a maximum number of 36 days in a quarter.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
FICCI projected India’s GDP growth rate at 7.4% for FY23
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has estimated India’s GDP to grow at 7.4 per cent in the financial year 2022-23 (FY23).
- The FICCI’s Economic Outlook Survey was released on April 03, 2022. The report has stated that rising prices due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict is the biggest challenge to the global economic recovery.
- According to the survey, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is likely to start a rate hike cycle in the second half of 2022, while a repo rate hike of 50-75 bps is expected by the end of the current fiscal. The RBI is expected to continue supporting the ongoing economic recovery by keeping the repo rate unchanged in its April policy review.
Note: India GDP projected for FY23 (2022-2023)
- SBI-8.8% for FY22
- RBI: 9.5% for FY22
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO):2% in the FY 2021-22, 6.6% in 2020-21
- Economic Survey 2021-22: 8-8.5% for FY23
- Morgan Stanely: 7.9% for FY23
Appointment and Resignation
Amir Khan appointed as brand ambassador of PharmEasy
- PharmEasy, a consumer healthcare “super app,” has unveiled its new campaign, which introduces Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador.
- API Holdings Limited is in charge of the PharmEasy brand. This partnership will aid in the development of the brand and raising consumer awareness of healthcare in India.
- PharmEasyis dedicated to offering a hassle-free healthcare experience. Aamir will promote the PharmEasy brand in a variety of ways. The IPL campaign in 2022 will also include TV commercials starring Aamir Khan. Amir Khan will also emphasise how medicines, diagnostic tests, and healthcare goods are easily accessible to clients as the brand’s face.
- The #GharBaitheBaitheTakeItEasy campaign presents Aamir Khan as the new brand ambassador of PharmEasy, a healthcare brand, through a series of eccentric, subversive, and ’mad-humour’ genre TVCs.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Dish TV India Limited’s DTH brand D2H: Rishabh Pant
- UpGrad: Amitabh Bachchan
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance: Vidya Balan
- Lupin Limited’s Shakti campaign: Mary Kom
- My11Circle by Games24x7: Shubman Gill and Ruturaj Gaikwad
Vikas Kumar appointed MD of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Vikas Kumar has been appointed as the new Managing Director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for five years from April 1, 2022. He succeeded Mangu Singh, whose tenure ended on March 31, 2022.
- He was holding the position of Director (Operations) in DMRC and has over three decades of experience in rail based urban transportation projects. DMRC operation commenced in December 2002.
- Kumar is the third managing director of the DMRC after E Sreedharan and Mangu Singh.
About Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC):
- Began operation: 24 December 2002
- Chairman: Manoj Joshi
HDFC Bank adjudged as Best Performing Bank in SHG Linkage by DAY-NRLM
- HDFC Bank Limited has been adjudged Best Performing Bank in Self Help Group (SHG) Linkage by Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India at the event organised at the Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi, Delhi.
- HDFC bank is the only private bank to be honoured with the award for their contribution in SHGs by NRLM.
- Giriraj Singh, Union Minister of Rural Development presented the award to K Venkatesh, Head of Sustainable Livelihood Initiative of HDFC Bank.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) in June 2011 is a poverty alleviation project. This rural income generation scheme is also known as Aajeevika Mission.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
‘We Are’ received “Album of the Year” award at 64th Grammy Awards 2022
- The ceremony of the 64th Grammy Awards 2022 was held in Las Vegas; this prestigious award was announced by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.
- Album of the Year: ‘We Are’ by Jon Batiste
- Record of the Year: ‘Leave the Door Open’ by Silk Sonic
- Song of the Year: Leave the Door Open
- New Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Best Global Music Performance: Mohabbat by Arooj Aftab (First Pakistani)
- Best Global Music Album: Mother Nature by Angelique Kidjo
Meghalaya will host 83rd National Table Tennis Championship 2022
- Meghalaya is all set to host the 83rd National Table Tennis Championship 2022, which will take place at the SAI Indoor Training Centre, NEHU in Shillong from April 18 to 25.
- This is the second time the Northeast has hosted the world’s largest table tennis tournament. This tournament is being hosted in honour of the State’s 50th anniversary of statehood, he said, adding that the cost of hosting the tournament is projected to be 1.5 crore rupees, with a total of 10 players from the State scheduled to compete.
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
Miami Open tennis 2022: Carlos Alcaraz & Iga Swiatek won Men’s & Women’s Singles title
- 18-year-old Spanish Carlos Alcaraz has created history to become the youngest champion to win the prestigious title of Men’s Single Miami Open after defeating World No. 8 Casper Ruud.
- Alcaraz has replaced Novak Djokovic as the youngest men’s singles champion at the Masters 1000 tournament.
- Women’s Single Miami Open 2022 was won by Iga Swiatek (Poland) after defeating Naomi Osaka of Japan. For Swiątek, this is her fourth career WTA 1000 title and the sixth singles title overall. Also, this is her 17th straight title win. The victory will now place Swiatek to the No. 1 spot in the women’s rankings.
Men’s singles: Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)
Women’s singles: Iga Świątek (Poland)
Men’s doubles: Hubert Hurkacz (Poland) & John Isner (United States)
Women’s doubles: Laura Siegemund (Germany) & Vera Zvonareva (Germany)
Australia won ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 title
- Australia has lifted their 7th title of ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 after beating England by 71 runs at Hagley Oval in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Australia had set the target of 357; the England team were all out for 285 in 43.4 overs. Alyssa Healy of Australia scored 170 runs in the match, the highest individual score made by any cricketer, male or female, in the World Cup Final. She was also the leading run-scorer in the tournament with 509 runs.
- Most Successful team Australian (7th)
- Player of the Match (Finals) 2022: Alyssa Healy
- Player of the tournament 2022: Alyssa Healy
- Most runs (All time): Debbie Hockley (1,505), New Zealand
- Leading wicket-taker in the tournament: Sophie Ecclestone (England, 21 dismissals)
- Most wickets (All time): Jhulan Goswami (45), India
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
Book and Author
A new novel titled “Queen of Fire” authored by Devika Rangachari
- Award winning children’s writer and historian Devika Rangachari has authored a new novel titled “Queen of Fire”, which explores the story of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
- The book focus on the journey of Rani Lakshmibai as a queen, soldier, and statesman. The book provides a detailed account on how the queen took over the kingdom as a widow and joined the revolutionaries to rebel against East India Company.
- Devika Rangachari is a historian who has conducted post-doctoral research on gender in early medieval Indian history.
4 April: International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
- The United Nations’ International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is celebrated every year on the 4th of April.
- The day aims to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication. “Mine action” refers to a range of efforts to clear landmines and explosive remnants of war and to mark and fence off dangerous areas.
- On 8 December 2005, the General Assembly declared that 4 April of each year shall be observed as the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action. It was first observed on 4 April 2006.
- Theme 2022: “Safe Ground, Safe Steps, Safe Home.”
Pulitzer Prize winning American poet Richard Howard passed away
- Pulitzer Prize awardee American poet Richard Howard passed away at age of 92 in Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York, the United States of America.
- Richard Joseph Howard was born on 13 October 1929 in Cleveland, Ohio, United States (US). He was an American poet, literary critic, essayist, teacher, and translator.
- He won the Pulitzer Prize in 1970 for ‘’Untitled Subjects’’ and was a National Book Award Finalist in 2008 for ‘’Without Saying’’. His translation of Charles Baudelaire’s “Les Fleurs du Mal” won the National Book Award (then called the American Book Award) in 1983.
Famous books of Richard Howard:
- ‘’Inner voices’’
- ‘’Two-part inventions’’
- ‘’Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World’’
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs