Current Affairs 4th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
CSIR-CSIO and Engineers India Limited (EIL) signed an agreement for an ‘earthquake warning system’
- Engineers India (EIL), New Delhi & CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh, signed an agreement for joint commercialization of Earthquake Warning System.
- Under this agreement, CSIR-CSIO and EIL will jointly commercialize the technology of Earthquake Warning System (EqWS).
- CSIR-CSIO developed EqWS is in operation for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation since August 2015. It is a network of five seismic sensing nodes consisting of seismic sensors, communication module, processing units devised for regional notification of a substantial earthquake by generating an audio visual alarm and sending the event details via email and SMS to the registered users while it is in progress.
- This agreement will not only help save lives in future but also help both the organizations to increase the scope of application areasg. critical infrastructures/installations where this technology can be put to use.
Union Minister Piyush Goyal launched a three-day ‘Grand Hackathon’ on Agriculture domain
- A three-day ‘Grand Hackathon’ organized by the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) in collaboration with NABARD, has been launched virtually by Union Minister Piyush Goyal.
- This was a hybrid event with the physical event held at the Bombay Stock Exchange in Fort, Mumbai.
- The ‘Grand Hackathon’ is subdivided into two categories – Agri Grant Challenge and Agri Innovation Hackathon that will showcase the innovations to aid the adoption of eCommerce in the agricultural sector.
- Dignitaries present at the launch included NABARD Chairman Dr. G. R. Chintala, MD & CEO of ONDC T. Koshy and Additional secretary for DPIIT Shri Anil Agarwal among others.
Department of Telecommunications signed an agreement with ITI Ltd and BSNL
- Department of Telecommunications has signed an agreement with Indian Telephone Industries (ITI) Ltd and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
- It will fund the pilot projects of E-band, LTE indigenous technologies including integration of 4G/5G prototypes with CDoT core.
- Astrome technologies, Lekha Wireless Solutions, Resonous Technologies, Signaltron would be executing these projects.
AAI signed an agreement with government of Uttar Pradesh for operationalization of five airports
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed an Operation and Management agreement for operationalization of five airports owned by UP government for a period of 30 years.
- These five airports are Aligarh, Azamgarh, Chitrakoot, Muirpur, and Shravasti.
- As per the agreement, AAI will operate and manage the airports and provide all necessary services. Communication Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) services will also be provided by AAI.
- AAI will also be responsible for obtaining and maintaining of aerodrome license for these five airports.
- Government of UP will complete the initial capital works for making airports ready for commercial operation and hand over all moveable and immovable assets along with relevant approvals, document to AAI for operation & management. Government of Uttar Pradesh will provide dedicated infrastructure for utilities like water, electricity and drainage connection at the airport.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
IIE Guwahati & IIM Shillong signed an agreement to boost entrepreneurship
- The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Guwahati and the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Shillong signed an agreement to boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the northeastern region.
- Both institutes will share infrastructure facilities like laboratories, libraries, incubation centers, etc. with each other for the research work of the incubates and beneficiaries.
- Faculties from each institute will probably be a part of mentoring, coaching, workshops, and analysis juries for the incubation center.
Centre amended FCRA allowing Indians to receive up to Rs 10 lakh without informing Authorities
- The Union Home Ministry has amended certain rules related to the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), allowing Indians to receive up to ₹10 lakh in a year from relatives staying abroad without informing the authorities. The earlier limit was ₹1 lakh.
- If the amount exceeds, the individuals will now have 3 months to inform the government against 30 days earlier.
- The amended rule also gives more time to the organizations to inform the government about opening of bank accounts for utilization of funds received under ‘registration’ or ‘prior permission’ category.
NTPC signed an MoU with Rajasthan government for development of 10-GW solar park
- NTPC’s arm, NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NREL) has signed an MoU with the Rajasthan government to develop 10 GW ultra mega renewable energy power parks (UMREPP) in Rajasthan.
- NTPC Group has set its target of 60 GW renewable energy capacity by 2032.
- Additionally, NTPC REL has entered into a joint Venture Agreement with DVC for developing RE Parks and Projects.
Himachal Pradesh CM launched ‘Nari Ko Naman’ scheme for women
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jai Ram Thakur has launched ‘Naari Ko Naman’ scheme to provide 50 % concession on fares in Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) buses to women commuters within the state boundaries.
- CM has announced the minimum bus fare will also be reduced from Rs.7 to Rs.5 for all passengers.
- The government of HP will also sanction 25 new posts for female drivers in ‘Ride With Pride Government Taxi service’. The service is for female passengers and senior citizens of HP.
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital – Shimla (Summer) , Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Banking and Financial
Crisil cuts India’s GDP growth estimate to 7.3% for the FY23
- Domestic Rating agency Crisil has lowered India’s real gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast to 7.3% from 7.8% for FY23.
- According to the Crisil, inflation is pegged to average at 6.8% in FY23 as against 5.5% in FY22.
- It also estimated the current account deficit to widen to 3% of GDP in FY23 from 1.2% in FY22.
- The agency expects global crude to average between USD 105-110 per barrel in FY23.
Recent Projected GDP (FY2022-23)
- World Bank – 7.5%
- IMF – 8.2%
- ADB – 7.5%
- Fitch – 8.5%
- RBI – 7.2%
Axis Bank partnered with EazyDiner to launch Dining Delights
- Axis Bank has partnered with EazyDiner to launch of Dining Delights for the bank customers.
- It offers choice of over 10,000 premium restaurants across India and Dubai. They plan to add 1,000 restaurants every month.
- Objective – To serve customers who want choice, variety and convenience while dining out.
About Axis Bank
- Founded – 1993
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Rakesh Makhija
- MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhary
- Tagline – Badhti Ka naam Zindagi
Appointment and Resignation
Air Marshal AP Singh appointed as the AOC-in-C Central Air Command
- Air Marshal AP Singh has appointed as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the prestigious Central Air Command (CAC) of the Indian Air Force.
- The Air Marshal was commissioned into the fighter stream of IAF on December 21, 1984. He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Defence Services Staff College and National Defence College. A qualified flying instructor and an experimental test pilot, he has more than 4900 hours of flying experience.
- He led the MiG-29 Upgrade Project Management team in Moscow, Russia.
- MD of Jio Infocomm – Pankaj Mohan Pawar
- Chairman of GAIL – Sandeep Kumar Gupta (effect from August)
- President of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) – T Raja Kumar
- Chairman of an Advisory Panel formed by CoA – Ranjit Bajaj
- Director of Intelligence Bureau – Tapan Kumar Deka
PokerBaazi appointed Shahid Kapoor as its brand ambassador
- com has announced the onboarding of actor Shahid Kapoor as its brand ambassador.
- Objective – PokerBaazi aims to create a robust ecosystem for Poker in India.
- The sector is expected to be worth over Rs 150 billion by 2024, indicating a compound annual groth of around 15%.
- Founder of PokerBaazi – Navkiran Singh
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Shahid Kapoor –com, Furo Sports Shoes, Aramusk
- AR Rahman – Indo-UK Culture Platform-The Season of Culture, BAFTA Breakthrough
- Ayushmann Khurana – Cipla Health’s Maxirich, Godrej Appliances, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, CoinDCX
- KL Rahul – Realme, Innerwear Brand XYXX
- Ajay Devgan – Go Gas – Confidence Petroleum India Limited, Prayag
- Varun Dhawan – EatFit, Lux Cozi, Emami Navratna Cool, Reebok, Skill India Campaign
Michelle Poonawalla received the coveted Shiromani Award
- Michelle Poonawalla has received the Shiromani Award at NRI World Summit 2022 in the United Kingdom for her contribution to the field of art.
- The Shiromani Award was instituted in 1977 and has been betoed on Mother Teresa, Chief Marshal manekshaw, Raj Kapoor, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, PT Usha, Vishwanathan Anand etc.
- In addition to Poonawalla, the Shiromani Award was also awarded to Shri Sadhu Bhramvihari, Lord Rami Ranger, RitaHinduja Chhabria.
- Times Business Award 2022 – Rashmi Saho (Director of Ruchi Foodline)
- CII Quality Ratna Award 2021 – Ashok Soota (Founder and Executive Chairman of Happiest Minds Technologies)
World Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Day
- World Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Day is observed every year on 2 July.
- The day commemorates two important days which are the first widely reported UFO sightings in the world.
- This day was first observed by UFO researcher Haktan Akdogan in 2001. On this day, UFO enthusiasts gather and look into the skies to search for extraterrestrial objects.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs