Current Affairs 4th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Arunachal Pradesh will get a Greenfield Airport in Hollongi
- Airport Authority of India (AAI) has undertaken the work of constructing a Greenfield Airport in Hollongi, 15 kms from Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
- It has an estimated cost of 645 crores. This project includes development work i.e., construction of airport pavements, airside work, terminal Building and city side works.
- It is designed for operations of A-320 category of aircraft and future extension of Runway by 500m length to cater A-321 type of aircraft.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: D. Mishra
19th India-US Military Cooperation Group Meeting held in Agra
- The 19th edition of the India-US Military Cooperation Group (MCG) meeting has been held in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- The discussion was co-chaired by Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) Air Marshal BR Krishna from Indian side and his US counterpart Stephen D Sklenka.
- The discussions centred on improving the two countries’ ongoing defence engagements and considering new initiatives within the framework of the existing cooperation mechanism.
- According to the Defence Ministry, the India-US military cooperation group was established to advance defence collaboration between the two nations through regular meetings at the strategic and operational levels between the Headquarters of the Integrated Defence Staff and the US Indo-Pacific Command.
- The India-US MCG is a forum set up to advance defence cooperation between the two nations by frequent strategic and operational consultations involving Headquarters, the Integrated Defence Staff, and the US Indo-Pacific Command.
Centre approved continuation of 7 existing sub schemes under Umbrella Scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates” for 5 years with an outlay of Rs. 1,452 crores
- Central Government has approved the proposal for continuation of the seven existing sub-schemes under the Umbrella Scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates” for the period 2021-22 to 2025-26 with a total outlay of Rs. 1,452 crore.
- The approval will ensure that assistance under the Umbrella Scheme, continues to reach beneficiaries through the Ministry of Home Affairs led by Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah.
- The scheme enables migrants and repatriates, who have suffered on account of displacement, to earn a reasonable income and to facilitate their inclusion in mainstream economic activities.
These seven schemes under Umbrella Scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates” provide assistance for:
- Relief and Rehabilitation of displaced families of Pakistan Occupied Areas of Jammu and Kashmir and Chhamb,
- Relief assistance to Sri Lankan Tamil refugees,
- Relief assistance to Brus lodged in relief camps in Tripura,
- Enhanced relief to 1984 Anti-Sikh Riot Victims,
- Financial Assistance and other facilities to the families of affected civilian victims of terrorist violence including militancy, insurgency, communal/ Left Wing Extremism violence and cross border firing and victims of mine/IED blasts on Indian Territory,
- Grants-in-aid to Central Tibetan Relief Committee (CTRC),
- The Government is also providing Grants-in-Aid to Government of West Bengal for infrastructure development in 51 erstwhile Bangladeshi enclaves in India, situated in Cooch Behar District and for resettlement of 922 returnees from erstwhile Indian enclaves in Bangladesh.
India & Nepal signed MoU on supply of Urea and DAP under G2G Agreement
- India and Nepal have signed an MoU for a long-term supply of Urea and DAP (Di-ammonium Phosphate) fertilizers from India to Nepal under a Government to Government (G2G) arrangement.
- This MoU will boost bilateral cooperation in the agriculture sector by supporting Nepal’s economy and food security.
- It will also aid in addressing the recurring fertilizer shortages in Nepal and enable improve agricultural productivity benefitting the Nepali farmers.
- In February 2022, both nations also inked an MoU for the construction of a motorable bridge over the Mahakali River connecting Dharchula in Uttarakhand with Darchula in Nepal with Indian grant assistance.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Ambassador of India to Nepal: Vinay Mohan Kwatra
Swiss Airlines will become world’s first airline to use solar aviation fuel
- Swiss International Air Lines AG (SWISS or Swiss Air Lines) and its parent company, Lufthansa Group have partnered with Switzerland based solar fuels start-up, Synhelion SA (Synhelion) to use its solar aviation fuel.
- Swiss International Airlines will become the first airline to use solar aviation fuel (“sun-to-liquid” fuel) to help power its flights.
- For this, Synhelion has developed a technology for manufacturing sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) from renewable energy sources.
- When combusted solar fuel will only produce as much CO2 as went into its manufacture, cutting aviation emissions.
- Synhelion is set to build the world’s first facility to industrially produce solar fuel in Jülich, Germany. The plant will become operational from 2022 onwards. SWISS will become the first customer of solar kerosene in 2023.
About Swiss International Air Lines AG (SWISS):
- Headquarters: Basel, Switzerland
- Founded: 1 April 2002
- Chairman: Reto Francioni
- CEO: Dieter Vranckx
Banking and Financial
CDSL became 1st depository to register more than 60 million Demat accounts
- Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL) announced that it now has more than six crores (i.e. equivalent to 60 million) active Demat accounts.
- A Demat account is a kind of account that can be used to keep online copies of securities and shares. A Demat account is a dematerialized account in its entire form.
- The main purpose of a Demat account is to keep shares that have been bought or dematerialized (that means conversion from physical to electronic form of shares), making online share trading easier for users.
- The sole listed depository in India is Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL).
About Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL):
- Founded: February 1999
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: V. Chaubal
- Managing Director & CEO: Nehal Vora
Appointment and Resignation
Vidya Balan appointed Brand Ambassador of Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance appointed National Award-winning actress VidyaBalan as its Brand Ambassador.
- Vidya Balan as the brand ambassador will help in promoting the #DoTheSmartThing champion of Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance is a joint venture of Bharti, India’s leading business groups and AXA, one of the world’s leading organizations in financial protection and wealth management.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Brand Ambassador and investor of Krishi Network: Pankaj Tripathi
- Gaming app A23: Shah Rukh Khan
- Khadi & handicrafts of Bihar: Manoj Tiwari
- Adidas: Manika Batra
- ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ Brand Ambassadors of Gurugram: Tanishka Kotia & Riddhika Kotia
- Dish TV India Limited’s DTH brand D2H: Rishabh Pant
- UpGrad: Amitabh Bachchan
Sunil Agrawal appointed Chief Financial Officer of LIC
- Sunil Agrawal has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) on a contractual basis. Prior to this, he was serving as the CFO of Reliance Nippon Life Insurance for over 12 years.
- Central government is counting on LIC’s IPO to help bridge the gaping budget deficit by the end of this month and hopes to raise about Rs 65,000 crore ($8.6 billion) by diluting a 5% stake in the insurer.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
NMCG awarded ‘Special Jury Award’ for Ganga rejuvenation
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has been awarded the ‘Special Jury Award’ at the 7th India Industry Water Conclave and 9th edition of the FICCI Water Awards.
- The distinguished Jury of FICCI Water Awards consists of eminent people such as Dr. Mihir Shah, A.K. Gosain, Himanshu Kulkarni, and VK Madhavan.
- The Citation underlines the complexity of the task of rejuvenation of the entire Ganga basin and the importance of engaging with diverse stakeholders particularly the people-river connect which forms the basis of NMCG’s approach to the challenging task.
- G Asok Kumar was appointed as the new Director-General of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG).
Ministry of Defence hosting 12th DefExpo 2022 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Ministry of Defence is hosting the 12th edition of the biennial defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. It will be held from 10th to 14th March.
- It will be focused on land, air, naval, internal homeland security and electronic systems. It will be held in a hybrid format.
- DefExpo will be conducted by leading industry fora, international fora, think-tanks, media houses, Indian industry, DRDO, Ministry of Civil Aviation, and state governments.
Shri Nivetha, Esha, Ruchita won gold in women’s 10m air pistol team event at ISSF World Cup
- India’s Shri Nivetha, Esha Singh, and Ruchita Vinerkar have won the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol team event of the ISSF World Cup in Cairo, Egypt.
- With this win, India is leading the medal table with three medals, including two gold and silver. Andrea Katharina Heckner, Sandra Reitz and Carina Wimmer of Germany settled for the silver medal.
- Germany and Italy are joint seconds on the table with one gold, two silver and one bronze medal each. A total of 17 countries have won medals so far.
About International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF):
- Founded: 1907
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- President: Vladimir Lisin
Book and Author
Rahul Gandhi launched Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin’s autobiography “Ungalil Oruvan”
- Rahul Gandhi, Member of Parliament of Indian National Congress released the book titled “Ungalil Oruvan” (One Among You), the first volume of the autobiography of MK Stalin, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and leader of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK).
- The book pertains to the first 23 years of Stalin’s life (till he was arrested under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) in 1976).
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
3 March: World Birth Defects Day
- World Birth Defects Day (WBDD) is annually observed across the world on 3rd March to create awareness about birth defects and to highlight the importance to improve knowledge, prevention and management of these conditions.
- 3rd March 2022 marks the observance of the 7th edition of World Birth Defects Day. The first World Birth Defects Day was observed on 3rd March 2015 with the support of 12 organizations.
- Theme 2022: “Many births defects, one voice”.
4 March: National Security Day
- In India, March 4 is celebrated as National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honor of the Indian Security Forces.
- The day aims to show gratitude to all the security forces, including policemen, para-military forces, commandos, guards, army officers, and other persons involved in security, who sacrifice their life in maintaining the peace and security of the people of the country.
- Apart from this, National Security Week 2022 is being celebrated from March 4 to March 10, 2022.
- 4 March also marks the day when the National Security Council (NSC) of India was established, in 1966 by the Ministry of Labour under the Government of India. The first National Security Day (NSD) was held in 1972.
4 March: National Safety Day
- The National Safety Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on the 4th of March to commemorate the foundation of the National Safety Council (NSC) of India.
- The day aims to raise public awareness of all safety principles, including road safety, workplace safety, human health safety, and environmental safety. The year 2022 marks 51st NSD.
- The first National Safety Day was observed in The National Safety Council was set up on 4th March 1966 by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, to develop and implement a voluntary routine in the areas of safety, health, and the environment.
- Theme 2022: ‘Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture’
Oscar-winning producer Alan Ladd Jr passed away
- The Oscar-winning producer, Former Executive at Twentieth Century Fox, who greenlit ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Braveheart’, Alan Ladd Junior passed away at the age of 84 years.
- He was affectionately known as “Laddie”. He won the Academy Award (Oscar award) for Best Picture ‘Braveheart’ directed by Mel Gibson in 1995. He was one of the founders of the Ladd Company, established in 1979.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs