Daily GK Update 4 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 4th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Indian Army’s First Green Solar Energy harnessing plant in Sikkim
- The Indian Army recently launched the first Green Solar Energy harnessing plant in Sikkim. It was launched to benefit the troops of the Indian army.
- The plant uses Vanadium based battery technology. It was built at an altitude of 16,000 feet. The capacity of the plant is 56 KVA. It was completed in collaboration with IIT Mumbai.
International (Current Affairs)
Congo declares the end of Ebola outbreak
- The Democratic Republic of Congo recently declared the end of the twelfth outbreak of Ebola. It had killed six people in the eastern province of North Kivu.
- The current Ebola outbreak was genetically linked to that of the outbreak that occured in 2018-20. Currently, Guinea is also fighting against Ebola epidemic.
Banking & Financial
Goldman Sachs lowers India growth forecast for FY22 to 11.1%
- Wall Street brokerage Goldman Sachs has lowered its estimate for India’s economic growth to 11.1 per cent from 11.7% in fiscal year to March 31, 2022, as a number of cities and states announced lockdowns of varying intensities to check spread of coronavirus infections.
- And 2021 calendar year growth forecast to 9.7 per cent (from 10.5 per cent).
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
- S&P Global Ratings-11%
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)-5%
- HSBC: 11.2%
- Care Rating– 10.2%
- Barclays: 10%
RBI imposes a Rs 3-cr penalty on ICICI Bank for violating prudential norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 3rd May fined ICICI Bank Rs 3 crore for violating prudential norms on the operation of its investment portfolio.
- The action, the RBI said, was based on the deficiencies in regulatory compliance and was “not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers.”
Note: About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
Justice Pant appointed NHRC acting chairperson
- The National Human Rights Commission on 3rd May said NHRC member Justice (retired) Prafulla Chandra Pant had been appointed as the acting chairperson of the Commission with effect from April 25.
- A former Supreme Court judge, Justice Pant was appointed member of the NHRC on April 22, 2019. The post of chairperson has been vacant since Justice H.L. Dattu, a former Chief Justice of India, completed his tenure on December 2, 2020.
Sindhu, Michelle Li appointed ambassadors for IOC’s ‘Believe in Sport’ campaign
- The Badminton World Federation announced that India shuttler PV Sindhu and Canada’s Michelle Li have been nominated as athlete ambassadors for the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) ‘Believe in Sport’ campaign aimed at preventing competition manipulation.
- Sindhu and Li will be working alongside other athlete ambassadors from around the world to raise awareness on the topic of competition manipulation amongst athletes and encourage.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- NeoGrowth: Ajinkya Rahane
- Digit Insurance: Virat Kohli
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
- TECNO: Ayushmann Khurrana
- PUMA: Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to won fourth World Snooker Championship
- Mark Selby has won a fourth World Snooker Championship title, beating Shaun Murphy 18-15 in an immense display from both men over four sessions at the Crucible.
- The 37-year-old has now won four of the last eight World Championship titles after lifting his first in 2014 and climbs back to number two in the world, looking to hunt down Judd Trump at the top of the rankings.
4th May: Coal Miners Day
- Coal Miners’ Day is celebrated on May 4 to recognize the hard work of some of the great unsung heroes of Industrial Revolution. Coal miners spend most of the days digging, tunnelling and extracting coal from the mines.
- They dig deep into the Earth to bring out the riches that help to sustain our life. Coal mining is one of the toughest professions. The day is celebrated to show appreciation for the coal miners and honour their accomplishments.
4 May: International Firefighters’ Day
- The International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed on May 4 every year since 1999. The day is celebrated to recognise and honour the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible.
- The day was instituted, after the deaths of five firefighters in tragic circumstances in a bushfire in Australia on 2 December 1998.
Former J&K Governor Jagmohan passes away
- Former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Jagmohan passed away. Jagmohan started his career as a bureaucrat and also served as the lieutenant governor of Delhi.
- Jagmohan was appointed Jammu and Kashmir governor in 1984 and completed his five-year tenure. As militancy erupted in Jammu and Kashmir, he was made the governor again in 1990 but was removed within a few months as differences between him and the then V P Singh-led government at the Centre grew over tackling the militancy.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|