Daily Current Affairs 4th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Adani New Industries installed India’s largest wind turbine in Gujarat
- Adani New Industries Limited has installed of country’s largest Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) in Mundra,
- A wind turbine taller than the world’s tallest Statue of Unity with blades spanning wider than the wingspan of a jumbo jet has been installed at Mundra in Gujarat by Adani New Industries Ltd.
- The turbine has been installed by Mundra Windtech Ltd (MWL), a wholly-owned subsidiary incorporated by Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL).
- Standing 200 metres tall, the wind turbine has the capacity to produce 5.2 MW of electricity and can power approximately 4,000 homes.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Hyderabad’s Megha Ltd to build Mongolia’s first greenfield oil refinery
- Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd (MEIL) has bagged a project to build Mongolia’s first greenfield oil refinery.
- The project is aimed at reducing the East Asian country’s dependency on Russian oil imports.
- The company would provide EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) services and EPC-3 (captive power plants) at a cost of $790 million using advanced technology.
- The project is part of the development partnership administration initiative of India’s Ministry of External Affairs. The refinery would be built using a line of credit from the central government.
- Capital- Ulaanbaatar
- Currency- Tögrög
- President – Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh
- Prime Minister -Luvsannamsrain Oyun-Erdene
Haryana CM launched ‘CM dashboard’ for live monitoring of departments
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched the “CM dashboard” to access the real-time data of all departments and decisions taken on major schemes.
- It will provide live monitoring of every department at the block, district, and panchayat levels.
- This will enable tracking of methodology and analysis of reports, and also help the government in comparing the old data with new data.
- He has also launched a dedicated e-Upphar portal to auction gifts received by him.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament’
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament‘ in Dhenkanal in Odisha.
- Objective – To attract the younger generation stuck on the internet and TV to the playing field.
- The programme has been targeted to rope in about two crore fifty lakh school students towards football.
- 10 lakh footballs will be distributed among the govt and private schools in all the districts of the country through the Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya.
- Recently, the govt of India has signed an MoU with FIFA and All India Football Federation for ‘Football For School’ initiative.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
- Anurag Thakur launched the WADA Athlete Biological Passport Symposium.
Switzerland created record for operating the longest passenger train
- Switzerland has created a world record by operating the longest passenger train.
- The world’s longest electric passenger train is designed to commemorate the 175th anniversary of the country’s first train system.
- The 1910 metres (1.9 Km) long train has 100 coaches with a total of 4,550 seats. It covered nearly 25 km from Preda to Alvaneu in less than 45 minutes.
- It passed through the mountainous landscape in the Swiss Alps.
- The Swiss transport company, Rhaetian Railway (RhB), operated the train on the Bernina/Albula trail from Preda to Bergen. There are 100 contemporary and 25 four-car Capricorn EMUs.
- During its journey, the train crossed 22 tunnels and 48 bridges.
- The longest train ran through the UNESCO World Heritage Site for 24.9 km. As per International Rail Journal, the RhB took nearly eight months for the preparation of this gala spectacle. Weighing a colossal 2990 tons, the train managed to maintain an average speed of 30-35 km per hour.
- Capital – Bern
- Currency -Swiss franc
- Prime Minister- Ueli Maurer
- President – Ignazio Cassis
- Official languages – French, German, Italian, Romansh
“Permacrisis” is Collins Dictionary’s Word Of The Year 2022
- Permacrisis has been chosen as the Collins Dictionary’s word of the year 2022.
- The word means an extended period of instability and insecurity.
- It indicates the ongoing Ukraine War, the consequent rise in the cost of living & the political upheaval the world has witnessed in 2022.
- Collins Dictionary is published by HarperCollins in Glasgow.
- Collins word of the year 2021- NFT (non-fungible token)
Banking and Financial
Bank of India launched Special Deposit scheme
- The Bank of India has launched a special fixed deposit scheme named Star Super Triple Seven Fixed Deposit.
- This special scheme is providing 7.25% rate of interest (7.75 percent for citizens) on a deposit for 777 days, for a limited period.
- The bank has raised interest rate on its existing 555-days fixed deposit scheme to 6.30%. And, on other maturities from 180 days to less than 5 years, it has raised interest rates by 25 basis
- Another public sector lender, Bank of Baroda has also revised interest rates on “Baroda Advantage Fixed Deposits”.
- The bank is now offering interest rates ranging from 5.75 percent to 7 percent on these fixed deposit schemes, depending on the maturities.
About Bank of India (BOI)
- Founded- 7 September 1906
- Founder- Ramnarain Ruia
- Headquarters- Mumbai
MD & CEO – Atanu Kumar Das
- Tagline – Relationship beyond Banking
Niva Bupa partnered with IDFC FIRST Bank partner for Bancassurance
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited (NBHICL) has partnered with IDFC FIRST Bank to provide best-in-class health insurance solutions to the bank’s customers.
- The partnership will empower the two institutions to serve customers better and help them lead healthier lives.
- IDFC FIRST Bank has a digital-first approach and serves customers through its state-of-the-art net banking platform and an intuitive, user-friendly, and contemporary mobile app, which complements its nationwide branches, ATMs, and loan centres.
About IDFC First Bank
- Founded – October 2015
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – V. Vaidyanathan
Appointment and Resignation
Benjamin Netanyahu elected as new PM of Israel
- Benjamin Netanyahu has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Israel. He will succeded Yair Lapid.
- A coalition led by the former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has won 64 seats in the 120-seat Israeli parliament Knesset, allowing him to return to power.
- His opponent, PM Yair Lapid’s coalition, won 51 seats.
- Earlier, Netanyahu served as the prime minister of Israel from 1996 to 1999 & again from 2009 to 2021.
- He was ousted from power in June 2021 on charges of bribery & fraud.
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Sheqel
- President – Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- President of Brazil – Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
- Prime Minister of Sweden – Ulf Kristersson
- President of Iraq – Abdul Latif Rashid
- PM of United Kingdom – Rishi Sunak
- President of Austria – Alexander Van der Bellen (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Salman
- First woman Prime Minister of Italy- Giorgia Meloni
- President of Angola – Joao Lourenco (2nd term)
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of Albania – Bajram Begaj
Subhrakant Panda appointed as President of FICCI
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has appointed Subhrakant Panda as President.
- Panda is currently serving as Senior Vice President of FICCI.
- He is also serving as the Managing Director of Indian Metals & Ferro Alloys Ltd. (IMFA).
- Panda will succeed Sanjiv Mehta as president of the apex chamber at the conclusion of its 95th AGM to be held on December 16-17.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Formation – 1927
- Founder – Ghanshyam Das Birla and Purshottamdas Thakurdas
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Secretary General – Dilip Chenoy
- President – Subhrakant Panda
- Chairman of BPCL – VR Krishna Gupta
- Director General of Police of Rajasthan – Umesh Mishra
- Executive Chairman of Samsung Electronic – Jay Y Lee
- Chairperson of Air Transport Committee of ICAO – Shefali Juneja
- Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) – Jaxay Shah
- UNHRC Special Rapporteur – Dr. K.P. Ashwini
Vishal Kapoor appointed as CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd
- Vishal Kapoor has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
- He replaced Arun Kumar Mishra, who hold this position last year.
- Kapoor takes charge after completing his tenure as the joint secretary at the Ministry of Power.
- Kapoor worked with the India Railways in various capacities in design, operations, and maintenance of Rolling Stock of Indian Railways.
About Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- Founded – 2009
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- CEO -Vishal Kapoor
- Under – Ministry of Power
- Revenue Secretary – Sanjay Malhotra
- CMD of India Trade Promotion Organization – Pradeep Kharola
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA)- Bharati Das
- New Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court – Justice Pankaj Mithal
- New Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court – Justice PB Varale
Noted Malayalam writer Sethu received Ezhuthachan Award 2022
- Noted Malayalam fiction writer Sethu has been selected for the Kerala government’s prestigious ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram’ this year in recognition of his overall contribution to the Malayalam language and literature.
- Sethu is also a recipient of the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award and Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for both novel and short story.
- The state government’s highest literary honour has been named after Thunchaththu Ramanujan Ezhuthachan, a 16th-century devotional poet, considered to be the father of the Malayalam language.
- The honour carries a cash award of Rs 5,00,000 and a citation.
- He has also served as the chairman of South Indian Bank, director of State Bank of Travancore and chairman of National Book Trust.
- First Kerala Jyothi – M T Vasudevan Nair
- SKOCH Award 2022 – West Bengal’s Lakshmir Bhandar scheme
- Friends of Liberation War award – Former US Senator Edward M Kennedy by Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina
- Best International Film at Saturn Awards 2022 – RRR
- National Digital Transformation Awards (DX 2022 Awards) – Karnataka Bank
- European parliament’s Sakharov prize 2022 – Ukrainian people
Aruna Sairam honoured with Chevalier Award by French govt
- Carnatic vocalist Aruna Sairam has been conferred the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite, the Knight of the Order of the Merit, by the French government.
- She has been selected for her singing talent and contribution to the development of Indo-France relations.
- This award is a symbol of our country’s appreciation for your numerous contributions to the French and international art world.
- Aruna Sairam has received many awards, including the Padma Shri from the Government of India and the Sangeetha Kalanidhi Award from the Music Academy.
- National Intellectual Property award for 2021 & 2022 – IIT Madras
- Karnataka Ratna award – Puneeth Rajkumar (posthumously)
- Men’s nBallon d’Or 2022 – Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema
- Women’s Ballon d’Or 2022 – Barcelona’s Alexia Putellas
- Sir Syed Excellence Award 2022 – American historian Barbara Metcalf
- Booker Prize 2022 – Sri Lanka’s Shehan Karunatilaka (Seven Moons of Maali Almeida)
2 November – All Souls’ Day
- All Souls’ Day is observed every year on 2 November.
- Objective – To commemorate those members of the church who have found a spot in heaven.
- The day is known by many different names all across the world. It is called the ‘Feast of All Souls’ and ‘Defuncts’ Day’ in countries like Hungary, France, Italy, and Ecuador.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|