Current Affairs 4th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Andhra Pradesh government launched portal for marriage schemes
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the website for YSR Kalyanamasthu and Tofa schemes.
- Objective – Providing financial assistance for daughter’s wedding in poor families.
- SSC pass a mandatory clause for both bride and groom to get assistance under Kalyanamasthu and Shadi Tofa with an intention to encourage parents to see that their children complete at least high school studies.
- The scheme would also prevent child marriages and promote girl education.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Recent Scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh government
- YSR Bima
- Swechha’ programme
- CLAP- Jagananna Swachha Sankalpam Programme
- She Auto
- YSR Yantra Seva scheme
- First tranche of Vidya Deevena scheme
- Jagananna Thodu
- Jagananna Housing Colonies
- Pedalandariki Illu” (housing for the poor) Scheme
- Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi
- Free Crop Insurance
- Project Abhayam
- Jala Kala Scheme
Airtel joined hand with Nokia to bring 5G to Kashi Vishwanath temple and Statue of Unity
- Bharti Airtel and Nokia have joined hands to bring India’s first 5G enabled immersive experience to visitors at the Indian Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022.
- Airtel and Nokia will bring to life the cultural splendour of Kashi Vishwanath temple and the Statue of Unity through Holographic images demonstrating the benefits of ultra-fast and low latency 5G network.
- With the advent of 5G, immersive virtual tourism is expected to help reinvent the travel and tourism industry where the masses would be able to see remote places and monuments from the comfort of their homes.
- BEL signed an MoU with Smiths Detection to manufacture scanning systems
- Suzuki signed an MoU with NDDB for biogas demonstration project
- Mahindra Finance partnered with CRIF Solutions for quicker loan approvals
- AICTE signed an agreement with Adobe to enhance digital literacy in India
- NHPC signed an MoU with PTC India Limited for sale of power
About Bharti Airtel
- Founded – 1995
- Founder – Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Sunil Bharti Mittal
- MD & CEO – Gopal Vittal
President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated projects in Gujarat worth 1,330 crore
- President Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for various projects worth 1,330 crore rupees at Gujarat Medical and Education Research Society (GMERS) campus in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The projects will create employment and opportunities for small and medium farmers for trade.
- This is her maiden visit to Gujarat as a President.
- She laid foundation stone for a super specialty hospital, trauma centre and rain basera, to be built at Rs 373 crore, at Gandhinagar Civil Hospital on the GMERS (Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society) campus. The project will include a new super specialty hospital with 600 beds while the trauma centre will have 255 beds.
- The President also virtually laid the foundation stone of a super specialty hospital at Rajpipla in the tribal-majority district of Narmada. The hospital will have 540 beds, along with a medical college, to be constructed at a cost of Rs 530 crore.
- She also laid the foundation stones for an irrigation scheme to be built at Rs 35.82 crore in Dahod, a new dome-shaped godown, upgradation of plots and stormwater drains in the cargo jetty area of the Kandla port and for the upgradation of Tuna Road to four lanes from two lanes.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Chhattisgarh government launched Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Parks’ (MGRIP) scheme
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has launched a scheme under which ‘gauthans’ (cow shelters in villages) will be developed as ‘rural industrial parks
- Baghel unveiled the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Parks’ (MGRIP) scheme at his official residence here to mark the birth anniversary of the Mahatma.
- In the first phase of the programme, 300 such facilities are being developed across the state for which a provision of Rs 600 crore has been made in the budget of the current financial year.
- Under its ‘Suraji Gaon Yojna’ (village good governance scheme), the state government has set up gauthans in over 8,000 villages where cow dung procured at Rs 2 per kilogram under ‘Godhan Nyay Yojna’ is being used to prepare vermicompost.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Recent Scheme launched by Chhattisgarh government
- Rojgar Mission
- Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store” Scheme
- Kaushalya Matritva Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’
- Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumiheen Krishi Mazdoor Nyay Yojana
- Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendupatta Sangrahak Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- Indira Van Mitan Yojana
- Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana
- Godhan Nyay Yojana
- Suraji Gaon Yojna
- Padhai Tuhar Para
- Padhai Tunhar Duar
- Bultu Ke Bol Programme
- Swami Atmanand English Medium School Scheme
- Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana
- Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan
- Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana
- Digital Seva Setu Programme
- Kisan Suryodaya Yojana
Himachal Pradesh government launched ‘Satya Nishtha’ app
- Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur has launched the ‘Satya Nishtha’ app that will help state police to investigate and control criminal activities.
- The app will help police prepare a database of criminals and also study the various offenses that take place under different police stations in the district.
- The app was designed under the guidance of Kangra Superintendent of Police Kushal Sharma.
- The data are available in the app to be accessed from anywhere and at any time.
- The app has been brought out at a cost of Rs 3.70 lakh.
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital – Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Recent Scheme launched by Himachal Pradesh government
- Panchvati Yojana
- Mukhya Mantri Shahari Rojgar Guarantee Yojana
- Nigah Programme
Banking and Financial
SBI launched ‘Gram Seva Program’ across six states of India
- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, the State Bank of India (SBI) has announced that it will adopt 30 remote villages across India under the 4th phase of the ‘SBI Gram Seva’ program.
- Under the flagship scheme of the SBI Foundation, the bank will adopt remote villages across Aspirational Districts in Haryana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal.
- Launched under the Corporate Social Responsibility of the bank, the program emphasizes a comprehensive development of villages by active intervention in areas like education, healthcare, livelihoods, and infrastructure. As of now, the program has adopted 100 villages across 16 States in 3 phases.
- With this launch, the program’s outreach will expand to a total of 130 villages, of which 75 villages are from Aspirational Districts notified by the NITI Aayog, Government of India. 16 out of the total 17 SBI Circles of the country come under the ambit of the scheme.
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
Appointment and Resignation
N S Rajan appointed as Chairman of Advertising Standards Council of India
- The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) has appointed NS Rajan, director of August One Partners LLP as chairman of the board of governors of the self-regulator
- He has replaced Subhash Kamath.
- While, Saugata Gupta (Managing Director & CEO, Marico Limited) was elected Vice-Chairman of ASCI.
- Shashidhar Sinha (CEO at IPG Mediabrands India) was appointed as the Honorary Treasurer of ASCI.
About Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)
- Founded- 1985
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- Deputy Election Commissioner – Ajay Bhadoo
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO), MyGov, MiETY – Akash Tripathi
- President of Indian American Chambers of Commerce (IACC) – Lalit Bhasin
- CEO of Data Security Council of India (DSCI) – Vinayak Godse
- CEO of Britannia Industries – Rajneet Kohli
Arunachal Governor B D Mishra given additional charge of Meghalaya
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B D Mishra has been given additional charge of Meghalaya as incumbent Satya Pal Malik completed his term on October 3.
- Satya Pal Malik had been a governor of Bihar (2017), Jammu and Kashmir (2018), and Goa before becoming the Governor of Meghalaya in August 2020.
About Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital – Itanagar
- Chief Minister – Pema Khandu
- Governor – D. Mishra
List of Other Government
- Nagaland:Jagdish Mukhi
- Mizoram: Hari Babu Kambhampati
- Sikkim: Shri Ganga Prasad
- Tripura: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Dr. Vivek Lall honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award by US President
- Indian-origin Vivek Lall has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by US President Joe Biden with the citation of ‘With Grateful Recognition’.
- The citation was given by AmeriCorps, which is a part of the US government. AmeriCorps is a part of the US Government which aims to foster activities that bring Americans closer together to “serve communities”.
- Lall is an industry leader and Chief Executive Officer of General Atomics.
- The company is a global leader in the specialized fields of nuclear technology.
- Changemaker’ award at UN SDG Action Awards – Srishti Bakshi
- Best adventure tourism destination award – Uttarakhand
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2021 – Kumar Sanu
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2020 – Anand-Milind
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2019 – Shailendra Singh
- 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke Award – Asha Parekh
Svante Paabo won Nobel Prize 2022 in Medicine
- Svante Paabo has won the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution.
- It is awarded by the Nobel Assembly Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The prizes carry a cash award of 10 million Swedish kronor (nearly $900,000) and will be handed out on 10 December 2022.
- Pääbo also found that gene transfer had occurred from these now extinct hominins to Homo sapiens following the migration out of Africa around 70,000 years ago.
- This ancient flow of genes to present-day humans has physiological relevance today, for example affecting how our immune system reacts to infections. Pääbo’s seminal research gave rise to an entirely new scientific discipline; paleogenomics.
- Last year’s prize went to David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian jointly for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch.
- A total of 112 Nobel Prizes in Physiology or Medicine have been awarded between 1901 and 2021, of which only 12 have been women.
About Nobel Prize
- The Nobel Prizes are 6 separate prizes that are awarded to those who have conferred the greatest benefit to humankind.
- They are given in memory of Alfred Nobel, who was a Swedish engineer, known for the invention of dynamite.
- They were first awarded in 1901.
- They are awarded in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, Peace, and Economic Sciences.
- Marie Curie is the only one woman who has been honoured twice, with the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics and the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- John B. Goodenough is the oldest recipient of this prize in Chemistry 2019 at the age of 97 years.
- Malala Yousafzai is the youngest Nobel Laureate who got the Peace Prize in 2014 at the age of just 17 years.
India Navy signed an agreement with New Zealand Navy to White Shipping Information Exchange
- Indian Navy has signed an agreement with the Royal New Zealand Navy on White Shipping Information Exchange.
- Objective – To promote greater transparency in the Maritime Domain.
- The agreement was signed between Navy chief Admiral, R Hari Kumar and Rear Admiral, David Proctor, Chief of Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN).
- The white shipping information refers to the exchange of prior information on the movement and identity of commercial non-military merchant vessels.
About New Zealand
- Capital – Wellington
- Currency – Dollar
- Prime Minister – Jacinda Ardern
Light Combat Helicopter “Prachanda” inducted into IAF
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh formally inducted the indigenously-developed Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) in the Indian Air Force in Jodhpur.
- Designed and developed ground-up by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), the defence minister gave the new chopper — so far eponymously referred to as the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) — the name of Prachanda.
- Inducted into the IAF’s newly raised 143 Helicopter Unit.
- In March, the Union Cabinet approved the procurement of 15 Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) for Rs 3,887 crore, or about Rs 260 crore each.
- It is the only attack helicopter in the world which can land and take off at an altitude of 5,000 m with a considerable load of weapons and fuel.
Antim Panghal won gold in wrestling in National Games 2022
- U-20 World wrestling champion Antim Panghal has won the gold medal in women’s 53kg wrestling at the National Games 2022. She is from Haryana.
- She has defeated Priyanshi Prajapati of Madhya Pradesh to clinch the title.
- While, Hina Khalifa (Gujarat) and Swati Sanjay (Maharashtra) won the bronze medals in the women’s 53kg.
- Olympian gymnast, Pranati Nayak has won two gold medals at the Sama Indoor Sports Complex in Vadodara.
Book and Author
A book titled ‘The Last Heroes’ will be released in November
- The book titled “The Last Heroes” which has been authored by P Sainath is scheduled to release on November 21, 2022.
- The book has been published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- This book is an attempt to recognize those freedom fighter stories, who are truly deserve but were never granted.
- According to the publishers, “The Last Heroes” goes beyond their fight for Independence only as many continued their battle for freedom long after 1947.
- He is also an author of the acclaimed book, Everybody Loves a Good Drought.
- P Sainath was awarded the 2007 Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- Lata: Sur-Gatha (English) – Ira Pande
- Lata: A Life in Music (Hindi) – Yatindra Mishra
- ‘Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan’ – Jiwesh Nandan
- Ambedkar and Modi – Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation’ – lauched by Ram Nath Kovind
- Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story – Pavan C. Lall
- The Hero of Tiger Hill – Subedar Major Yogendra Yadav (Autobiography)
- India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi : A Brief History – Pulapre Balakrishnan
- New India: Selected Writings 2014-19 – Launched by Former VP M Venkaiah Naidu
- Bibi: My Story – Benjamin Netanyahu’s Autobiography
- Field Guide, Birds of India’ – published by ZSI
Yunqing Tang won SASTRA Ramanujan Prize 2022
- Assistant Professor of the University of California Yunqing Tang has been awarded the SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022.
- The award, instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) in 2005 with a cash prize of $10,000.
- This award is presented annually to individuals aged 32 and below.
- She was born in China and completed her B.Sc in Peking University in 2011.
- She completed her Ph.D in 2016 at Harvard under the supervision of Mark Kisin.
- The award was instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) in 2005.
- First Queen Elizabeth II Woman award – Indian-origin Suella Braverman
- German PEN award – Indian author & poet Meena Kandasamy
- Top French civilian honour – Swati Piramal
- Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar – Tanikella Bharani
4 October – World Animal Day
- World Animal Day is observed every year on 4 October.
- Objective – To motivate various communities and groups against the brutal behaviour of animals.
- Theme 2022 – Shared planet
- World Animal Day was celebrated for the first time on March 24, 1925, in Berlin, Germany on the initiative of cynologist Heinrich Zimmermann.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here