Daily GK Update 5 , 6 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Ladakh launches YounTab scheme
- Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh, RK Mathur, launched the YounTab scheme for students. Under the scheme, about 12,300 tablets were distributed among them in Leh.
- It is an initiative of Department of School Education. It was launched with the technical support of Information Technology Department. Under the scheme, 12,300 tablets with preloaded online and offline content like textbooks, video lectures and online class applications would be distributed among students from Class 6th to 12th in government schools. Scheme was launched as an attempt for long term technology infusion in education system.
Kerala launches ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’
- Kerala government has launched ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to boost job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge workers.
- Project will be launched to bring ongoing efforts of providing employment to educated people and support ‘knowledge workers’ under a single programme. A plan will be made to provide basic facilities and social security system for knowledge workers who are working close to their homes and interacting with employers.
Note: About Kerala
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
IEFPA’s 6 modules of short films titled “Hisab Ki Kitaab” launched
- Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Singh Thakur launched the six modules of short films of Investor Education & Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) titled “Hisaab Ki Kitaab”.
- These short films developed by Common Services Centers(CSC) eGov as a part of their training tool. The various modules highlight the importance of budget, saving, the importance of Insurance schemes, various social security schemes of the government etc.
Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot Launches SAGE Programme and Portal
- The Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually launched an initiative called, SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) on June 04, 2021, and also the SAGE portal to support India’s elderly persons. The SAGE portal will act as a “one-stop access” of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups.
- The start-ups will be selected under SAGE on the basis of innovative products and services, which they should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centres, apart from technological access linked to finances, food and wealth management, and legal guidance.
International (Current Affairs)
NTPC joins UN’s CEO Water Mandate
- India’s largest power utility, NTPC Ltd, has become a signatory of UN Global Compact’s CEO Water Mandate.
- It is a UN Global Compact initiative which demonstrate commitment and efforts of companies to enhance their water and sanitation agendas in line with Sustainable Development Goals.
- It has been designed to assist companies in developing, implementing and disclosing comprehensive water strategies and policies. It provides a platform for companies to link with like-minded businesses, public authorities, UN agencies, civil society organizations etc.
India slips two spots to rank 117 on 17 Sustainable Development Goals adopted as 2030 agenda: report
- India’s rank has slipped by two places from last year to 117 on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted as a part of the 2030 agenda by 193 United Nations member states in 2015.
- The State of India’s Environment Report 2021 revealed that India’s rank was 115 last year and dropped by two places primarily because major challenges like ending hunger and achieving food security (SDG 2), achieving gender equality (SDG 5) and building resilient infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and fostering innovation (SDG 9) remain in the country.
- India ranks below four South Asian countries — Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Economic Freedom Index 2021: 121st
- World Happiness Report 2021-139th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021-40th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 84th
- World Press Freedom Index, 2021: 142nd
Banking and Financial
GST collections at Rs 1.03 lakh crore for May
- The goods and service tax collections for May clocked Rs 1,02,709 crore, making it the eighth straight month of collections crossing Rs 1 lakh crore mark.
- The collections have been 65% higher than the GST revenues in the same month, despite many states being under lockdown due to the Covid pandemic.
Note: List of GST Collection previous months
- April 2021: ₹1.41 lakh crore(All time Highest)
- March 2021: Rs. 1.24lacs cr.
- Feb 2021: Rs 1,13,143 crore
- January 2021: ₹ 1,19,847 crore
International Booker Prize 2021: David Diop becomes first French winner
- French novelist David Diop on 3rd June won the prestigious International Booker Prize for books translated into English with his World War I-set novel, ‘At Night All Blood is Black’.
- The Paris-born writer became the first French winner of the prize, awarded for a book translated into English and published in the UK or Ireland, in a ceremony broadcast online from Coventry Cathedral in central England.
- The book’s translator Anna Moschovakis won half the £50,000 ($70,850) prize, which recognises the major role of translators.
Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind won International Business Book of the Year Award 2021
- Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind won the International Business Book of the Year Award 2021. The authors made history this week by winning the prestigious International Business Book of the Year Award for 2021 for their recently launched book “Transformation in Times of Crisis”, published by Notion Press.
- Their book Transformation in Times of Crisis brings entrepreneurs and business owners the knowledge that can help their business thrive even in a crisis.
Djokovic Won 83rd Career Title In Belgrade open
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic captured the 83rd title of his career with victory on home soil at the Belgrade Open.
- The Serbian superstar lost his serve three times in the first set before changing his game to defeat Slovakian qualifier and first-time ATP Tour finalist Alex Molcan 6-4, 6-3 in 88 minutes at the Novak Tennis Center.
5th June: World Environment Day
- World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year. It is the United Nations’ flagship day for promoting worldwide awareness and action for the environment. Over the years, it has grown to be the largest global platform for environmental public outreach and is celebrated by millions of people across the world.
- This year, the day is being hosted by our neighboring country Pakistan in partnership with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) with the theme of ‘ecosystem restoration.’
- Theme 2021: ‘Ecosystem Restoration.’
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|