Current Affairs 5th August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
RBI Authorises IndusInd Bank to act as an ‘Agency Bank’
- The IndusInd Bank has been empanelled by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to act as an ‘Agency Bank’. As an Agency Bank, IndusInd becomes eligible to carry out transactions related to all kinds of government-led businesses.
- IndusInd Bank now joins few other private banks of the country listed as Agency Bank of RBI, to carry out general banking business on behalf of the central and state government, apart from offering its customers the convenience of undertaking routine financial transactions through its banking platform.
Note: About IndusInd Bank
- CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
- Headquarters: Pune
- Founded: April 1994, Mumbai.
7 Indian Companies Feature in Fortune Global 500 list for 2021
- Seven Indian companies have found a place in 2021 Fortune’s Global 500 list. The Fortune Global 500 is an annual ranking of the top 500 enterprises globally, as measured by business revenues.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd is the highest-ranked Indian company on the list in terms of revenue, with revenues of nearly $63 billion. It is placed at 155th spot globally.
- Globally: Walmart has topped the list in terms of revenue for the eighth consecutive year and the 16th time since 1995. China has dominated this years list for the highest number of companies featuring in the list at 143, including those from Taiwan. This is followed by the U.S. with 122, and Japan with a total of 53, respectively.
List of 7 Indian Companies
- Reliance Industries (155)
- State Bank of India (205)
- Indian Oil (212)
- Oil & Natural Gas (243)
- Rajesh Exports (348)
- Tata Motors (357)
- Bharat Petroleum (394)
Appointment & Resign
Kumar Mangalam Birla steps down as Non-Executive Chairman of Vodafone Idea
- Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla has stepped down as the Non-Executive Director and Non-Executive Chairman of the Vodafone Idea (now Vi) Board.
- The Vi Board of Directors have unanimously elected Himanshu Kapania, currently a Non-Executive Director, as the Non-Executive Chairman with effect.
Jagdish Bhagwati and C Rangarajan won C.R. Rao Gold Medal award
- The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) Trust has selected two renowned economic scholars for the Prof. C.R. Rao Centenary Gold Medal award. Renowned economists Jagdish Bhagwati and C Rangarajan have been conferred with the inaugural Prof CR Rao Centenary Gold Medal (CGM).
- Bhagwati is a professor of economics, law and international relations at Columbia University while C Rangarajan is the former chairman of the Economic Advisory Council of the Prime Minister and former governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
India won bronze medal in Tokyo, first Olympic medal in hockey since 1980
- India men’s hockey team defeated Germany to won the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics on 5th August. This is India’s first Olympic medal in hockey since they won the gold medal in the 1980 Olympics in Moscow.
- India had to come back twice from behind in the match to level the scores and then had to push on to take the lead.
Indian men’s hockey team at Olympics:
- Gold : 1928, 1932, 1936, 1948, 1952, 1956, 1964, 1980
- Silver : 1960
- Bronze : 1968, 1972, 2020
Ravi Kumar Dahiya won silver in Men’s wrestling
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya won silver in the Men’s 57Kg Freestyle category. It was a tough match against defending world champion Zavur Uguev as he won 7-4.
- Ravi became the second Indian wrestler, after Sushil Kumar, to get a silver medal in the Games.
Book & Author
A new book on Balakot air strikes 2019 authored by Manan Bhatt
- A new book titled “Balakot Air Strike: How India Avenged Pulwama”, published by Garuda Prakashan, is written by Navy veteran Manan Bhatt.
- According to the publisher, the book, “a racy thriller” with “adrenalin-pushing action”, would make readers’ patriotism brim over, while filling them with a sense of gratitude and pride towards the armed forces.
Book titled “My Own Mazagon” by Captain Ramesh Babu
- A new book titled “My Own Mazagon” has authored by Captain Ramesh Babu. The book published by Indus Source Books features the history and story of Mazagon, the island which was merged into a single entity as Bombay.
- The Book will be jointly released by Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|