Current Affairs 5th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi inaugurated Digital India Week 2022 at Gandhinagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Digital India Week 2022 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The theme of this Digital India Week is ‘Catalyzing New India’s Techade’ to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- He has also launched ‘Digital India GENESIS’ a National Deep tech Startup Platform, to discover, support, grow and make successful startups in TIER-II and TIER-III cities of India.
- He has launched ‘indiastack global’, ‘MyScheme’- a service discovery platform facilitating access to government schemes.
- The total budget of 750 crore rupees has been envisaged for these schemes.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
- Gujarat Day – 1 May
Vivek Express: India Railways longest train route
- The Vivek Express, running from Dibrugarh in Assam to Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu, currently holds the title of the longest train route in the country both in terms of distance and time.
- It covers 4247 km of distance and nine States with 58 stops.
- The train goes through Assam, Nagaland, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu.
- The announcement of the Vivek Express was made in 2011 during the presentation of the railway budget for 2011-12 by Mamata Banerjee, the then Railway Minister of India.
- The train route was established to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- Although the longest in the country, the Vivek Express is still far behind the world’s longest train route. A train journey that takes six days and measures a total of 9,250 kilometers (almost double the distance covered by Vivek Express) is the Trans-Siberian Railway that connects Moscow and Vladivostok. The Russian rail route connects the western part of the country to the far eastern parts. The train crosses several time zones along its journey.
- The Vivek Express ranks 24th in the world’s longest train route, the first position is held by the Trans-Siberian railway that connects Moscow and Vladivostok, it takes 6 days and covers 9250 kilometers of the journey to complete the railway network.
NINL ownership handed over to Tata group-owned TSLP
- The privatisation of Neelachal Ispat Nigam Ltd (NINL) has completed. It has handover to Tata group firm Tata Steel Long Products (TSLP).
- NINL is the second successful privatisation by the current government. Incidentally, Air India the first company on the privatisation list too was bought by Tata Group.
- Tata Steel Long Products (TSLP) had in January emerged as the winning bidder, putting in bids worth Rs 12,100 crore for loss-making NINL, which is a joint venture of 4 CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises) – MMTC, NMDC, BHEL, MECON, and 2 Odisha government PSUs OMC and
- NINL Strategic Disinvestment transaction has been completed with the transfer of 93.71 percent shares of the joint venture partners to the Strategic Buyer Tata Steel Long products Ltd.
- MMTC has the largest shareholder in NINL holding 49.78 percent stake, NMDC 10.10 percent, BHEL 0.68 percent, and MECON 0.68 percent. Besides, 2 Odisha government PSUs held 20.47 percent and 12 percent, respectively, in NINL.
- The Rs 12,100 crore has been utilised for settlement of dues of employees, operational creditors, secured financial creditors, and sellers (operational and financial dues) and for equity of selling shareholders, as per the share purchase agreement.
IIT Hyderabad signed an MoU with Greenko to set up school of sustainable science & tech
- Renewable energy major Greenko and IIT Hyderabad have signed an MoU to launch India’s first dedicated school for sustainable science and technology.
- The school will be advancing knowledge in the key thrust areas of climate change mitigation, artificial intelligence and space technology, energy transition and industrial transformation, circular and regenerative economy among others.
- Greenko is working in consultation with the Ministry of Education, AICTE, NCERT, and NCVET to ensure GSSST both conforms to and advances learning in sustainable science and technology.
Tata Power signed an MoU with Tamil Nadu government to setup solar manufacturing plant
- Tata Power has signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu Government to invest about Rs 3,000 crore for setting up a greenfield 4GW Solar Cell and 4GW Solar Module manufacturing plant in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu.
- The investment in the plant will be made for 16 months and will directly or indirectly create over 2,000 employment opportunities with a majority of them being women employees.
- Tata Power also has a manufacturing unit in Bangalore, which has a production capacity of 635 megawatts of modules and 500 megawatts of cells.
- Tamil Nadu facility will be the second manufacturing unit of the company after Bangalore.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – MK Stalin
- Governor – RN Ravi
IGSS Ventures signed an MoU with Tamil Nadu government for setting up semiconductor park
- Singapore-based IGSS Ventures (a leading player in the semiconductor technology space) has proposed to invest Rs 25,600 crore in Tamil Nadu over the next five years to set up a semiconductor fab unit and a semiconductor high-tech park.
- The project will come up over a 300-acre area and the location for the same will be worked out.
- IGSS Ventures has proposed to set up the facility under “Project Suria” and submitted an application under the “Scheme for Setting up of Semiconductor Fabs in India” under India Semiconductor Mission.
- Semiconductor mission – The Semicon India programme, with a total outlay of ₹76,000 crore for the development of the semiconductor and display manufacturing ecosystem in India, seeks to provide financial incentives to investors in semiconductors, display manufacturing and design ecosystem.
Banking and Financial
Edelweiss partnered with Avanse Financial for student travel insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI) has partnered with Avanse Financial Services (an education-focused NBFC) to provide travel insurance to Indian students going abroad for higher education.
- It offers complete coverage against medical, stay, travel inconvenience-related covers, emergencies and losses.
- Students will also have the choice to customize their plan with optional covers as per their needs and requirements from universities.
- Industry reports suggest the number of Indian students going abroad for higher studies is expected to touch 18 lakh by 2024.
Karnataka’s Sini Shetty crowned Femina Miss India World 2022
- Sini Shetty from Karnataka has been announced the winner of Femina Miss India World 2022 at the Grand Finale of VLCC Femina Miss India 2022 in Mumbai.
- Rajasthan’s Rubal Shekhawat has emerged as Femina Miss India 2022 first runner-up and Shinata Chauhan from Uttar Pradesh has named Femina Miss India 2022 second runner-up.
- She will represent India at the prestigious 71st Miss World pageant.
- 21-year-old Sini Shetty was born in Mumbai and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance. Currently, she is pursuing a professional course called CFA (chartered financial analyst). She is also a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
DRDO conducted successful maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out the Maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
- The flight operated in a fully autonomous mode. The aircraft exhibited a perfect flight, including take-off, way point navigation and a smooth touchdown. The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) powered by a small turbofan engine.
- It has been designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru, one of the research laboratories of DRDO.
- The focus is now on Atmanirbhar Bharat in defence and the government has urged the armed forces to buy the indigenous platforms and less imports. This year in the Union Budget, Rs 70,221 crore has been set aside for domestic defence procurement, and this accounts for 63 percent of the defence capital budget.
About Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Founded – 1 January 1958
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – G. Satheesh Reddy
- Motto – Strength’s Origin is in Knowledge
Carlos Sainz won maiden F1 British Grand Prix 2022
- Ferrari driver, Carlos Sainz claimed his maiden Formula One win on his 150th start in a thrilling British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
- He beat Red Bull driver Sergio Perez and Lewis Hamilton for Mercedes.
- World champion, Max Verstappen has finished at the 7th spot for Red Bull.
Recent Grand Prix Winner 2022
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022– Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2022 – Sergio Perez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- British Grand Prix 2022 – Carlos Sainz Jr (Spain)
Parul Chaudhary broke 6-year-old 3000m National Record
- Indian runner Parul Chaudhary has broken the women’s 3000m national record at the Sound Running meet in Los Angeles.
- She covered the distance at 8:57.19 to finish
- She broke the six-year-old national record set by Suriya Loganathan (9:04.5) in April 2016.
- She has become the first athlete from India to clock a sub-nine-minute time in the women’s 3000m event.
4 July – 125th birth anniversary of Alluri Sitarama Raju
- 125th birth anniversary of freedom fighter Alluri Sitarama Raju has observed on 4 July 2022.
- PM Modi visited Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh to launch the year-long 125th birth anniversary celebration of legendary freedom fighter Alluri Sitarama Raju as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Prime Minister has also unveiled a 30-feet tall bronze statue of Raju.
4 July – Swami Vivekananda’s death anniversary
- 4 July marks the death anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- He was born in Calcutta on 12 January 1863. He passed away on 4 July 1902 at an early age of 39 years.
- He was a philosopher who introduced ideals of ‘Vedanta’ and ‘Yoga’ to the western world. He was the chief disciple of the Indian mystic
- He founded the Ramakrishna Mission at Belur Math by the river Ganga.
5 July – World Badminton Day
- To promote the sport and bring people together to experience a friendly version of the sport through events & activities.
- 1st ever World Badminton Day will take place in 2022.
- India’s 1st para-badminton academy launched in Lucknow.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma re-elected as President of Badminton Association of India
- India to host 2026 World Badminton Championships
About World Badminton Federation
- Founded –1934
- President – Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen
- Headquarters – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Visionary British theatre director, Peter passed away
- Peter Brook, one of the world’s most innovative theatre directors who perfected the art of staging powerful drama in bizarre venues, has died aged 97.
- The British director used the world as his stage mounting productions ranging from challenging versions of Shakespeare through international opera to Hindu epic poems.
- Brook put on plays in gymnasiums, deserted factories, quarries, schools and old gas works in towns around the world.
Veteran Bengali filmmaker Tarun Majumdar passed away
- Veteran Bengali film director Tarun Majumdar passed away at the age of 92.
- Tarun Majumdar was known for helming popular Bengali films such as Smriti Tuku Thak, Shriman Prithviraj, Kuheli, Balika Badhu, Dadar Kirti, Chander Bari, among others in his lifetime. He created a significant impact in uplifting the Bengali film industry during the 60s, 70s and 80s.
- Tarun Majumdar was the recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri Award in 1990.
- He’s the recipient of four National Awards, 7 BFJA Awards, 5 Filmfare Awards, and an Anandalok Award.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP