Daily GK Update 5 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 5th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Mamata Banerjee sworn in as West Bengal Chief Minister for third time
Mamata Banerjee was sworn as Bengal Chief Minister for the third time in the shadow of Covid and post-poll violence in parts of the state.
Mamata Banerjee won a landslide victory in the Bengal election to secure a third straight term. The Trinamool won 213 of 292 seats while its strongest rival, BJP, finished second with 77 seats.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
Banking & Financial
S&P slashes India’s GDP growth forecast to 9.8% for FY22
- S&P Global Ratings on Wednesday slashed India’s GDP growth forecast for the current financial year to 9.8 per cent saying the second COVID wave may derail a budding recovery in the economy and credit conditions.
- The US-based rating agency in March had a 11 per cent GDP growth forecast for India for the April 2021-March 2022 fiscal. on account of a fast economic reopening and fiscal stimulus.
- S&P, which currently has a ‘BBB-‘ rating on India with a stable outlook.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
RBI announces ₹50,000 crore priority lending by banks for COVID-related healthcare infrastructure
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will give banks Rs 50,000 crore to enable them to lend further for “healthcare needs” in the Covid-19 crisis, said governor Shaktikanta Das on 5th May.
- “On-tap liquidity of Rs 50,000 crore at repo rate is being opened till March 31, 2022. Under the scheme banks can support entities including vaccine manufacturers, medical facilities, hospitals and also patients.
- The scheme will allow banks to support vaccine manufacturers, medical facilities, hospitals and patients as well. Such lending will get priority sector classification till repayment or maturity.
‘Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema’ introduced
- India has instituted the ‘Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema’ to be given at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) every year, starting from this year, to mark Ray’s birth centenary celebrations.
- The award will consist of a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh, a certificate, shawl, along with a silver peacock medal and a scroll. India’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will organise year-long centenary celebrations for Ray, starting from May 2, in India and abroad.
Maria Ressa conferred UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize 2021
- Maria Ressa has been named as the 2021 laureate of the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
- The $25,000 prize “recognizes outstanding contributions to the defence or promotion of press freedom especially in the face of danger,” according to UNESCO. The prize was named after Guillermo Cano Isaza, the Colombian journalist.
4th May: World Asthma Day 2021
- World Asthma Day is observed every year to raise awareness about the chronic disease and how it can be controlled with proper treatment. The day is celebrated on the first Tuesday of May every year, and is being observed today, 4 May.
- Asthma is a chronic lung disease that has a long-lasting effect on an individual. It causes difficulty in breathing due to the narrow airways in the body.
- Theme 2021: ‘Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions’
Scientist Manas Bihari Verma, key man behind Tejas, Passed away
- Padma Shri decorated aeronautical scientist Manas Bihari Verma, who played a key role in the development of the country’s first Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) ‘Tejas’, died of heart attack in Bihar’s Darbhanga district on 3rd May. He was 78.
- The scientist had closely worked with former president APJ Abdul Kalam.
Bollywood film editor Ajay Sharma passed away due to Covid-19
- Bollywood film editor Ajay Sharma passed away due to Covid-19 complications on 4th May. He was in his late 30s.
- AjaySharma, editor of films like Jagga Jasoos, Ludo, Karwaan, & Amazon series Bandish Bandits.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|