Current Affairs 5 October 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
GoI launches ‘Waste to Wealth’ web portal
- The government of India has launched a web portal called “Waste to Wealth” to enhance cooperation for sustainable development through economy and community participation.
- The web portal will bring together technology providers, government stakeholders and urban local bodies to find solutions to India’s waste problems, mainly plastic waste.
Banking & Financial
Paytm acquires 100% stake startup CreditMate
- Online payment services provider, Paytm has acquired a 100% stake in Mumbai-based digital lending startup CreditMate.
- CreditMate was founded in 2019 by Jonathan Bill, Ashish Doshi, Swati Lad and Aditya Singh as a collection platform that helps lenders collect overdue payments from borrowers.
Ola acquires GeoSpoc to build next-generation location technology
- Mobility start-up Ola acquired GeoSpoc, a Pune-based provider of geospatial services, on 5th Oct.
- With this buyout, GeoSpoc co-founder Dhruva Rajan and his team of scientists and engineers are expected to join Ola to develop technologies that will make mobility accessible, sustainable, personalised, and convenient across shared and personal vehicles, as per a post shared by the company.
B C Patnaik appointed as MD of LIC
- Insurance behemoth LIC on 1st Oct said B C Patnaik has taken charge as the managing director (MD) of the company. He was appointed as Managing Director vide a government notification dated July 5, 2021.
- Patnaik, joined as a Direct Recruit Officer in 1986. Currently, LIC has a chairman and four managing directors.
Note: About LIC
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- Government Nominee Director: Pankaj Jain
- Managing Director: Raj Kumar
- Managing Director: Shri. Siddhartha Mohanty
- Managing Director: Smt. Ipe Mini
- Managing Director: B C Patnaik
CoinDCX onboards Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador to raise crypto awareness
- Crypto exchange CoinDCX on 4th Oct roped in Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador to spread awareness about cryptocurrencies. Through this collaboration CoinDCX wants to increase awareness around crypto and popularise it as an emerging asset class.
- CoinDCX wants to ensure that crypto is accessible to everyone. The crypto industry in India is on an exponential climb, rising gradually over the previous few years, with millions of Indians emerging as early adopters of the crypto asset class.
Note: List of brand ambassador appointed Recently
- Eurosport: John Abraham
- HomeLane: MS Dhoni
- Cashify: Rajkummar Rao
- Amway India: Mirabai Chanu
- Mastercard global brand ambassador: Magnus Carlsen
- TAGG, a tech-driven lifestyle electronics brand: Rohit Sharma
Nobel physics prize goes to 3 for work on complex physical systems
- The Nobel Prize for physics has been awarded to scientists from Japan, Germany and Italy. Syukuro Manabe and Klaus Hasselmann were cited for their work in “the physical modeling of Earth’s climate, quantifying variability and reliably predicting global warming”.
- The second half of the prize was awarded to Giorgio Parisi for “the discovery of the interplay of disorder and fluctuations in physical systems from atomic to planetary scales.”
Fifth Edition Of Japan-India Bilateral Maritime Exercise ‘JIMEX’
- The fifth edition of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, JIMEX, between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF), will be held in Arabian Sea from 06 to 08 October 2021.
- JIMEX series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with special focus on maritime security cooperation. JIMEX-21 aims to develop common understanding of operational procedures and enhance inter-operability through conduct of a multitude of advanced exercises, across the entire spectrum of maritime operations.
Note: Exercise between India and Japan
- Sahyog Kaijin’: India and Japan
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyuu Maitri’: India and Japan (Airforce)
Birendra Lakra and SV Sunil announces retirement from International Hockey
- S V Sunil, the veteran forward and star striker of India men’s field hockey team and Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey star defender Birendra Lakra have announced their retirement from international hockey.
- Birendra Lakra has represented India in 197 games with 10 goals. Sunil has scored 72 goals in 264 appearances for the national team.
FC Goa Beat Mohammedan Sporting 1-0 to Clinch Maiden Durand Title
- Indian Super League side, FC Goa clinched their maiden Durand Cup title as they beat Kolkata giants Mohammedan Sporting Club at the Vivekananda Yuvabharati Krirangan on 3rd Oct.
- This was FC Goa’s 2nd ever domestic glory, having won the Indian Super Cup back in 2019 under then manager, Sergio Lobera
October 5: World Teachers’ Day
- Every year on October 5, the world celebrates World Teacher’s Day to highlight the responsibilities, rights, and the value of teachers. The day honours teachers all around the world for their important role in their countries’ economic development by providing education that enhances people’s quality of life.
- Theme 2021: ‘Teachers at the Heart of Education Recovery.’
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|