Current Affairs 6th, 7th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Karnataka launched ‘Janasevaka’ scheme and ‘Janaspandana’ platform
- Karnataka Chief Minister, Basavaraj S Bommai, launched the state’s ambitious ‘Janasevaka’ (peoples’ servant) scheme and ‘Janaspandana’, an Integrated Public Grievance Redressal System (IPGRS).
- ‘Janasevaka’ is a scheme for Citizens to avail doorstep delivery of government services. Citizens can use the toll-free helpline or the web portal to book for the government certificates required and avail the service at a cost of Rs 115.
- ‘Janaspandana’ is a one-stop platform for citizens to raise complaints on any government scheme or service. It is modeled after the Centralized Public Grievance Redressal & Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) which extends 24X7 online support to citizens.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
K Rajaraman will chair a Technology Innovation Group on 6G; formed by DoT
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), under the Ministry of Communications, has formed a technology innovation group on the Sixth Generation (6G), to take lead in the development of 6G Technology globally.
- Rajaraman, Chairman Digital Communications Commission & Secretary (Telecom) has been named the chairperson of the initiative. Technology Innovation Group is a 22-member group.
- Aim: To create vision and objectives as well as develop a roadmap for research and development (R&D), pre-standardization, development of applications and products, and action plans for 6G technology.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
- SC’s committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India: R V Raveendran
- Reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the PM: Bibek Debroy
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
India’s first open-air rooftop drive-in theatre opened in Mumbai
- India’s first rooftop drive-in open-air movie theatre was opened in Mumbai and it showcased the film Sooryavanshi featuring Akshay Kumar.
- Reliance announced the launch of its first rooftop theatre, which will be known as ‘Jio Drive-In’. The theatre has been launched in partnership with the Reliance Retail and multiplex chain PVR. The open-air rooftop theatre will be operated and managed by PVR ltd.
Prime Minister unveiled Shri Adi Shankaracharya statue in Kedarnath
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Kedarnath Dham and inaugurated the reconstructed Shri Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi, which was damaged during the devastating 2013 floods, at the premises of the Kedarnath Temple in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand and unveiled the statue of Shri Adi Shankaracharya at the Samadhi.
- The 12-feet long statue weighing around 35 tonnes (35,000kg) has been constructed by Mysore-based sculptor Arjun Yogiraj.
Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated 650 Teraflops Supercomputing Facility at NABI & i-RISE, TBI at Mohali
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, inaugurated the advanced 650 teraflops supercomputing facility at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) at Mohali, Punjab.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has also inaugurated i-RISE, Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at Mohali which will provide world-class research facilities for start-ups in India.
About Ministry of Science & Technology (MoS&T):
- Union Minister of State (IC): Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Constituency: Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
Amit Shah launched “Ayushmaan CAPF”, a Pan-India Health Card Scheme for CPPF
- On November 02, 2021, the Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah launched the health cards scheme for CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) personnel and their dependents, named ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ at the national level in New Delhi.
- ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ scheme is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the National Health Authority (NHA).
- The scheme was launched by Amit Shah on Pilot basis in Assam on 23rd January, 2021 to provide healthcare services to all CAPFs.
India and Bhutan issued LoE to add 7 entry-exit trade points
- In November 2021, India and Bhutan formalized seven additional entry-exit points for trade through Letters of Exchange (LoE) issued during the Commerce Secretary level meeting between the countries that discussed Trade & Transit issues.
- This formalization is a part of measures to increase trade connectivity. The Indian delegation was led by Department of Commerce Secretary BVR Subrahmanyam, and the Bhutanese delegation was led by Dasho Karma Tshering, Secretary, Bhutan Ministry of Economic Affairs.
7 entry-exit points:
- Nagrakata Land customs station- No Commodity restriction
- Entry-exit point – Agartala Land Customs station; Birpara; Kamardwisa
- Entry-Exit Point with Cross border control at Dhubri:
- Jogighopa port
- Pandu port (Guwahati Steamerghat)
- Asian Highway 48 connecting Torsa Tea Garden in India &
- Allay in Bhutan as an additional route corresponding to the Land Customs Station at Jaigaon
- Capital: Thimphu
- Currency: Ngultrum
- Prime Minister: Lotay Tshering
PM Modi and Boris Johnson launched the “One Sun, One World, One Grid” initiative
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart Boris Johnson jointly launched the ‘One Sun, One World, One Grid’ (OSOWOG) initiative at the COP 26 Climate Meet in Glasgow.
- This project is about setting a ‘trans-national electricity grid to supply solar power across the world. The vision behind OSOWOG is ‘The Sun Never Sets’. It is a constant at some geographical location, across the globe, at any given point of time.
- On the occasion, he also announced that India’s space agency, ISRO will provide a calculator to the world soon, that can measure the solar energy potential of any region.
UK launched commemorative £5 coin celebrating legacy of Mahatma Gandhi
- The Government of the United Kingdom (UK) has unveiled a £5 coin to commemorate the life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi. It is the first time Mahatma Gandhi has been commemorated on an official UK coin.
- The coin is available in a range of standards, including gold and silver, The special collectors’ coin was designed by Heena Glover. Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the UK, chose the final design for the coin.
- The coin features an image of a lotus, India’s national flower, alongside one of Gandhi’s most famous quotes – ‘My life is my message’.
About the United Kingdom:
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound sterling
- Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Banking and Financial
Government collected Rs 1.30 lakh crores as GST for October, 2nd highest since GST implementation
- Gross Goods and service tax (GST) collection for the month of October came in at Rs 1,30,127 crore, the second-highest collection since GST was implemented in July 2017 & second only to GST revenues collected in April 2021. Revenues for the month are 24% higher year-on-year.
- Of the gross GST revenue collected in October, Rs 23,861 crore was towards CGST, Rs 30,421 crore was towards SGST and Rs 67,361 crore was towards IGST, and Cess amounted to Rs 8,484 crore.
Note: List of previous months GST Collection
- October 2021: Rs 1.30 lakh crores
- September 2021: Rs. 1,17,010 crores
- August 2021: Rs. 1.12 lakh crores
- July 2021: Rs. 1,16,393 crores
- June 2021: Rs. 92,849 crores
- May 2021: Rs. 1,02,709 crores
- April 2021: Rs. 1.41 lakh crores (All time Highest)
- March 2021: Rs. 1.24 lakh crores
- February 2021: Rs 1,13,143 crores
- January 2021: Rs. 1,19,847 crores
Appointment and Resignation
C S Venkatakrishnan appointed as CEO of Barclays
- C S Venkatakrishnan has been appointed as the CEO of Barclays with immediate effect.
- C S Venkatakrishnan was head of global markets, co-president of Barclays Bank PLC, and a member of the Group Executive Committee of Barclays, based in New York. Prior to his appointment as head of global markets and co-president of BBPLC, Venkat served as chief risk officer at Barclays.
Note: About Barclays:
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Founded: 17 November 1690
- Chairman: Nigel Higgins
Rahul Dravid appointed head coach of Indian men’s cricket team
- Former captain and right-handed batsman Rahul Dravid has been appointed as the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team by the BCCI.
- He has been appointed for a period of two years till 2023. He will begin his tenure as full-time coach from the T20I series against New Zealand starting November 17, 2021 in Jaipur
- Prior to this, he was working as the head of National Cricket Academy.
Akash Kumar won bronze in 2021 AIBA Men’s World Championships in Serbia
- Indian boxer Akash Kumar has managed to clinch the bronze medal at 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships at Belgrade in Serbia. He is the 7th Indian male boxer to win a medal at the world championships.
- He joined the elite list of boxers that includes Amit Panghal (silver in 2019), Vijender Singh (bronze in 2009), Vikas Krishan (bronze in 2011), Shiva Thapa (bronze in 2015), etc.
- Akash lost 0-5 in the 54 kg category to Makhmud Sabyrkhan of Kazakhstan
Book and Author
Pradeep Magazine authored a book titled ‘’Not Just Cricket: A Reporters Journey’’
- A book titled ‘’Not just cricket: A Reporters Journey’’ by Pradeep Magazine is going to be released in Dec 2021.
- It consists of life experiences, social, political, ups and downs of Indian cricket by the journalist Pradeep Magazine. He is the author of the book “Not quite cricket” which exposed the match-fixing scandal.
A new book titled “The Cinema of Satyajit Ray” authored by Bhaskar Chattopadhyay
- A new book titled ‘The Cinema of Satyajit Ray’ written by the author Bhaskar Chattopadhyay and published by Westland details the life of legendary Indian Filmmaker – ‘Satyajit Ray’.
- Bhaskar Chattopadhyay also authored novels like “Patang” (2016), “Here Falls the Shadow” (2017), and “The Disappearance of Sally Sequeira” (2018).
3 November: International One Health Day
- The International One Health Day is annually observed across the globe on 3rd November to create awareness about the need for a One Health approach to address the shared health threats at the human-animal-environment interface.
- 3rd November 2021 marks the 6th One Health Day, a global campaign that highlights the importance of one health approach. International One Health Day was initiated in 2016 by three International One Health Groups: One Health Commission, the One Health Platform, and the One Health Initiative Team.
6 November: International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
- The International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is an international day observed annually on November 6.
- On 5 November 2001, the UN General Assembly declared 6 November of each year as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict.
7 November: National Cancer Awareness Day
- 7 November is observed annually as the National Cancer Awareness Day to raise awareness about the second leading cause of death globally, Cancer.
- On 7 November 2014, Former Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan announced that seventh November will be celebrated as national Cancer awareness day every year. This particular date was selected as it is the Birth anniversary of Madame Curie, a prominent scientist remembered for her efforts and contribution in the battle against cancer.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs