Current Affairs 6, 7 September 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
University of Oxford tops Times World University Rankings 2022
- The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 has been announced.
- The University of Oxford is at the top of the list, followed by the California Institute of Technology and Harvard University at the second and third positions, respectively.
Note: Indian University Rank
- IISc Bangalore – 301-350 bracket
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar – 351-400 bracket.
- IIT Indore – 401-500 bracket.
Yoshihide Suga to step down as Japan’s prime minister
- Japan’s prime minister, Yoshihide Suga, has said he will not run for re-election as party leader this month, signalling the end of his tenure. Mr Suga had been appointed to the role just a year ago following the resignation of Shinzo Abe.
- The shock announcement comes as Mr Suga’s approval ratings dropped to an all-time low. Japan – which is still under a state of emergency – is now grappling with its worst ever Covid wave.
Banking & Financial
LIC buys 3.9% stake in Bank of India via open market acquisition
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has bought 3.9 per cent (15,90,07,791 shares) of the Bank of India through open market acquisition. Before this acquisition, LIC held about 3.17 per cent stake in the Bank of India.
- After this acquisition, LIC now has 7.05 per cent, equivalent to 28,92,87,324 shares of Bank of India.
Note: About LIC
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 September 1956
HDFC Bank partners with NSIC to offer credit support to MSMEs
- Continuing its efforts to support MSMEs, HDFC Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) to offer credit support to MSMEs across the country.
- As part of this collaboration, HDFC Bank will provide MSMEs with schemes to enhance their competitiveness. Under this financing arrangement HDFC Bank branches will extend support to MSME projects in the areas they are located or other industrial sectors across the country.
ADB approves $150 mn loan to improve urban housing in Tamil Nadu
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 150 million dollar (about Rs 1,095 crore) loan to provide access to inclusive, resilient and sustainable housing for the urban poor in Tamil Nadu.
- The state is vital to India’s economic growth, contributing 8.54 per cent to the country’s gross domestic product. Economic opportunities have increased rural-urban migration in the state, which already has one of the highest urbanisation rates in India.
List of Loan approved by ADB (Recently)
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
- $300 million – Upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
- 2100 Cr.- Tripura for urban, tourism development
- $231 million- enhance power generation capacity in Assam
- $300 million –Upgrade the power distribution system in Bengaluru city.
- $484 Million-Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor
- $500 Million: Metro rail network in Bengaluru
S.L. Tripathy appointed as CMD of United India Insurance
- The central government has selected S.L.Tripathy as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of United India Insurance Company Limited.
- He is currently General Manager and Director at The New India Assurance Company Limited.
Note: About United India Insurance Company Limited
- Headquarters: Chennai;
- Founded: 18 February 1938;
- CEO: Shri Girish Radhakrishnan.
Equitas Bank appoints Rani Rampal & Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassadors
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) has roped in Indian women hockey player, Rani Rampal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the brand ambassadors of the company. The announcement was made during the 5th anniversary of the ESFB on September 5, 2021.
- Rampal holds the record for being the youngest player to play in the national hockey team while Mandhana was recognised as the Best Women’s International Cricketer by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Max Verstappen wins Dutch Grand Prix 2021
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the formula one Dutch Grand Prix 2021.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) came second while Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) came third.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
- Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Sergio Perez (Red Bull- Mexico)
- French Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Styrian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen
- British Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Esteban Ocon (Alpine Renault- France)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2021: Max Verstappen
28th Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise ‘SIMBEX-2021’
- The 28th edition of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) took place from September 02 to 04, 2021. The SIMBEX-2021 annual bilateral maritime exercise was hosted by the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) in the southern fringes of the South China Sea.
- The exercise aimed to strengthen the bilateral defence ties between both countries. This year’s edition of SIMBEX is also a special occasion as it takes place during the ongoing celebrations of the 75th year of India’s independence.
Note: List of Exercise Between Singapore and India
- Bold Kurukshetra: India and Singapore
- IMDEX: India- Singapore
- SIMBEX (Navel): India- Singapore
- SITMEX: India- Singapore-Thailand (Navel)
Naval exercise between India and Australia- ‘AUSINDEX’ begins
- The 4th edition of AUSINDEX, a bilateral navy exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Australian Navy has begun from September 06, 2021, and will continue up to September 10, 2021.
- Indian Navy Task Group comprises INS Shivalik and INS Kadmatt. This edition of AUSINDEX includes complex surface, sub-surface and air operations between ships, submarines, helicopters and Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the participating Navies.
Book and Author
Know Your Rights and Claim Them: A Guide for Youth by Angelina Jolie
- Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has recently announced her upcoming book, titled “Know Your Rights and Claim Them: A Guide for Youth”.
- The book has been written jointly by Angelina Jolie, Amnesty International and human rights lawyer Geraldine Van Bueren QC. This book will be helpful to young people and children from around the world in making them aware of their rights and how to claim these rights decided years ago based on what would make them healthy, balanced, safe and stable adults.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|