Current Affairs 6th and 7th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
NPCI signed an MoU with and IIT Kanpur for research collaboration
- IIT Kanpur has signed an MoU with and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) sharing knowledge on innovative ideas and to collaborate on the development of indigenous digital payments
- The collaboration will help in the augmentation of cybersecurity controls for NPCI and its subsidiaries’ products and services.
- With this collaboration, eminent faculty members from the institute will conduct informative sessions and deliver lectures for NPCI personnel on Cybersecurity and the new trends in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Security Product Roadmaps, and Distributed ledger technologies (DLT).
- NPCI, on the other hand, will offer internship opportunities to IIT-Kanpur students, providing them an invaluable experience of working on live projects of NPCI.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Founded – 2008
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Dilip Asbe
- Chairman – Biswamohan Mahapatra
Banking and Financial
SEBI constituted a 15-member committee to attract foreign investment; chaired by K V Subramanian
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted an expert group of Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to boost overseas flows into the country.
- The FPI Advisory Committee (FAC) will be chaired by former Chief Economic Adviser KV Subramanian.
- It consists of 14 other members representing foreign banks, stock exchanges depositories and RBI.
- The FAC has been tasked with advising on issues related to investments and operations of FPIs in the financial markets, including measures to facilitate ease of doing business by FPIs in India.
- The committee will review investment avenues available for FPIs and to advise on the feasibility of new investment avenues.
Recent Committee in News
- Strengthen the Minimum Support Price [MSP] – Sanjay Agrawal
- Standing Committee of Inter-state Council – Amit Shah
- UK Govt formed a committee to prepare a Draft on implementation of Uniform Civil Code – Ranjana Desai
- Internet & Mobile Association of India [IAMAI] – Vikas Agnihotri
- The Inter – State Council Reconstituted – Narendra Modi
- Advisory Panel formed by CoA to overseas AIFF functioning – Ranjit Bajaj
- SEBI Advisory Committee on Mutual Funds – Usha Thorat.
- All India Football Federation – AR Dave
Appointment and Resignation
Nalin Negi appointed as CFO of BharatPe
- Fintech startup BharatPe has appointed Nalin Negi, the former chief financial officer of credit cards issuer SBI Card, as its CFO.
- Negi will work towards making the company EBITDA positive by March 2023.
- EBITDA stands for Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Suresh N Patel
- Chairman of Vodafone Idea – Ravinder Takkar
- Additional charge of DG of ITBP – Sujoy Lal Thaosen
- Delhi police commissioner – Sanjay Arora
- Principal DG of PIB – Satyendra Prakash
Centre approved cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba one-year extension
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved a one-year extension for Union cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba.
- Gauba terms was set to get completed at the end of this month. However, he will continue in the same position till August 30, 2023. Last year in 2021 also, Gauba was given a one-year extension till August 2022 by the government.
- On August 30, 2019, Gauba had taken over as the new Cabinet Secretary in the Government of India after the superannuation of PK Sinha.
- Gauba is an IAS officer of the Jharkhand cadre (1982 batch) and has held important assignments like Union Home Secretary, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, and Chief Secretary, Jharkhand. He has also represented India at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Other Secretary’s List
- Private Secretary to PM – Vivek Kumar
- Foreign Secretary – Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- Advisor to PM Modi -Tarun Kapoor
- Finance Secretary T V Somanathan
- Revenue secretary – Tarun Bajaj
- Economic Affairs Secretary – Ajay Seth
- Cabinet Secretary – Rajiv Gauba
- Expenditure Secretary – TV Somanathan
Jagdeep Dhankar elected as the vice-president of India
- Candidate for the National Democratic Alliance, Jagdeep Dhankhar has been elected as the 14th vice president of India.
- He defeated the opposition’s candidate Margaret Alva.
- Dhankhar, a former governor of West Bengal, secured 528 votes against Alva’s 182. His victory margin was the highest since 1997.
- Utpal Kumar Singh, returning officer for the vice-presidential election, said that of total 780 electors, only 725 voted for the vice-presidential poll. Of total 725 votes, 15 votes were found invalid and 710 votes valid.
Newly appointed President
- Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem – New PM of Kuwait
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Inderjit Camotra appointed as MD& CEO of Unity SF Bank
- Unity Small Finance Bank (SFB) has appointed Inderjit Camotra as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Unity SFB is a digital-first bank that was recently elevated to a ‘Scheduled Bank’ by RBI.
- Camotra has over 25 years of experience as a Banker in leadership positions at Standard Chartered Bank, ANZ and Citibank,
- The bank commenced its operation in November 2021.
- In January 2022, the bank also appointed Vinod Rai, the former CAG of India, as its chairman.
Recently appointed MD & CEO
- MD & CEO of Aviva Life Insurance – Asit Rath
- MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance – Paritosh Tripathi
- MD & CEO of Manappuram Finance – V P Nandkumar
- MD & CEO of CSB Bank – Pralay Monda
- MD & CEO of Aditya Birla Capital – Vishakha Mulye
- MD & CEO of Digit Insurance – Jasleen Kohli
- MD & CEO of LIC Mutual Fund – TS Ramakrishnan
- MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange -Ashish Kumar Chauhan
Indian Navy signed an MoU with ISRO for data sharing and cooperation on satellite-based Naval Applications
- The Indian Navy has signed an MoU with ISRO’s Space Applications Centre (SAC) on data sharing and cooperation on Satellite-based Naval Applications in Oceanology and Meteorology.
- As per the agreement, the scientific advancements of the SAC would be synergized into the Indian Navy’s efforts to protect the country’s maritime interests.
About Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Founded – 15 August 1969
- Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Founder / 1st Chairman – Vikram Sarabhai
- 10th Chairman – S Somanath
- Aryabhata India’s first satellites Launched on 19 April 1975
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) partnered with Hindustan Unilever Limited to develop entrepreneurial skills
- IOC signed an MoU with National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) for Cheetah relocation from Africa to India
- SVC Bank signed an agreement with SIDBI for empowering MSMEs
- Airbus signed an agreement with GMR Group for aircraft maintenance engineering
- Blockchain network 5ire signed an MoU with Goa Police to implement a smart policing solution
India’s Bajrang Punia clinched gold medal in men’s 65kg wrestling
- Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has clinched Gold Medal for India after winning the final against Canada’s Lachlan Mcneil in men’s 65 kg at Commonwealth Games 2022.
- He has now become the first Indian wrestler to win a gold medal in Birmingham. The Indian wrestler won the contest by dominating the Canadian grappler by a margin of 9-2.
- This is in fact Bajrang Punia’s second successive gold medal at the Commonwealth Games, after he clinched the top spot on the podium in Gold Coast 2018. In fact, Punia had also won the silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and hence this is his third consecutive medal at the quadrennial event.
India’s Anshu Malik won silver medal in women’s 57kg freestyle wrestling
- Grappler Anshu Malik has won the silver medal in the Women’s Freestyle 57kg category in the Commonwealth Games 2022
- She lost to defending champion Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye of Nigeria in women’s freestyle 57kg final.
- Malik faced 3-7 defeat against Nigeria’s Adekuoroye in the gold medal match.
- Malik bagged the first medal for India in the wrestling of the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022.
Murali Sreeshankar won silver in men’s long jump final
- India’s Murali Sreeshankar has won the silver medal in the men’s long jump at the Commonwealth Games 2022 with a best jump of 8.08m.
- He achieved the feat with his fifth jump, having spent most of the final out of the medal spots. Bahamas’s Laquan Nairn won the gold medal.
- Nairn also had a best jump of 8.08m but his second best of 7.98m was better than 7.84m of Sreeshankar.
- Under rules, if two jumpers are tied on same distance, the one who has a better second-best effort will be ranked ahead.
- Jovan van Vuuren (8.06m) of South Africa took the bronze.
- The other Indian in the fray, Muhammed Anees Yahiya ended at fifth with a best jump of 7.97m
India’s Sakshi Malik won gold medal in women’s 62 kg wrestling
- Indian wrestler Sakshi Malik has bagged the gold medal in the women’s 62kg freestyle wrestling event at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham, UK.
- She beat Canada’s Ana Godinez Gonzalez.
- This was Sakshi Malik’s third straight medal at the CWG. She won the 58kg silver at Glasgow 2014 and a bronze at Gold Coast 2018.
CWG 2022: Bhavina Patel won a gold medal and Sonalben won a bronze medal in Para Table Tennis
- Indian para table tennis player Bhavina Patel has won a gold medal in the women’s singles class 3-5 at Commonwealth Games 2022.
- The 35-year-old from Gujarat, who had won a silver at Tokyo Paralympics, prevailed 12-10 11-2 11-9 over Nigeria’s Ifechukwude Christiana Ikpeoyi to cap off a superb show at the quadrennial event.
- Sonalben Manubhai Patel also gave India a medal, claiming a bronze in women’s singles class 3-5.
- The 34-year-old Indian beat England’s Sue Bailey 11-5 11-2 11-3 in the bronze medal play-off.
CWG 2022: Naveen Kumar won gold medal in 74 Kg Category
- Wrestler Naveen Kumar won the gold medal for India after the win over Pakistan’s Muhammad Sharif Tahir in the 74kg final at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Naveen beat Muhammad Sharif Tahir on points as he outdid the Pakistani 9-0 to add another gold medal to India’s tally to extend the country’s domination in wrestling.
- The 19-year-old made a big name for himself with a dominant show in the ongoing Birmingham Games as the young wrestler didn’t look unsettled in any of his bouts against the experienced campaigners.
CWG 2022: Vinesh Phogat won gold medal in women’s 53kg category
- Vinesh Phogat has won the gold medal in women’s 53kg.
- She beat Sri Lanka’s Chamodya Keshani Maduravlage Don in her final round-robin bout in the nordic system.
- Vinesh defeated all her 3 opponents in the category by comprehensive margins.
- Vinesh Phogat won her third successive Commonwealth Games Gold medal, emulating wrestler Sushil Kumar’s feat, in Birmingham.
- It was a comprehensive show from the 27-year-old, who nearly quit the sport after her heartbreak at the Tokyo Olympics.
CWG 2022: Ravi Kumar Dahiya won gold medal in 57kg category
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya has won a gold medal in the 57kg category with a win over Nigeria’s Welson Ebikewenimo in the final of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- In the semi-final, Ravi defeated Pakistan’s Ali Asad. The youngster once again showed his supremacy and registered a 14-4 win against his opponent.
- Ravi’s medal win has seen India’s tally climb to 32. A total of 10 athletes have won gold medals in their respective sports.
CWG 2022: Jasmine Lamboriya won bronze medal in Boxing Lightweight category
- Indian Boxer Jasmine Lamboriya in the Lightweight category has won the bronze medal after losing to England’s Gemma Paige at the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Paige won the match as a split decision worked in her favour, to seal her slot in the final of the event with a 3-2 win over Lamboriya.
- Jaismine clinched India’s 30th medal at the Birmingham 2022. She is the first pugilist to officially confirm the colour of her medal.
- Jaismine had won the Asian Championships bronze last year and defeated World Championship bronze medallist Parveen Hooda in the trials to book a ticket to Birmingham.
India won silver medal in men’s fours lawn bowls event
- India has clinched their second medal in the lawn bowls event at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
- The men’s fours team bagged a silver medal after losing to Northern Ireland in the final. The final score read 18-5 in favour of Northern Ireland.
- The Indian team comprised Sunil Bahadur (lead), Navneet Singh (second), Chandan Kumar Singh (third), and Dinesh Kumar (skip).
Avinash Sable won silver medal, becomes first-ever Indian to win CWG steeplechase medal
- Indian athlete Avinash Sable has created history at the Commonwealth Games 2022. In the 3000m men’s steeplechase event, the man from Maharashtra clinched the silver medal at the event in Birmingham.
- Thus, he became the first ever Indian to win a medal in steeplechase in Commonwealth Games history.
India defeated Bangladesh to win SAFF Under-20 Football Championship 2022
- India has lifted the SAFF U-20 football championship trophy by defeating Bangladesh 5-2 in the final at Kalinga stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- India won this championship for the second consecutive time.
- Striker Gurkirat Singh scored four goals as India beat Bangladesh 5-2 in extra time in the final to lift the SAFF U-20 Championship trophy.
- SAFF – South Asian Football Federation.
CWG 2022: Nitu Ghanghas won gold medal in women’s 48kg category
- Nitu Ghanghas won India’s first medal in boxing at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- she defeated Demie-Jade of England in the women’s 48kg final to win gold.
- Nitu’s win brought India its second medal of the penultimate day of the Games and 41st overall.
- It was a fairly straightforward victory for Nitu in the final against England’s Demie-Jade Resztan, as she clinched a victory with a unanimous decision. The Indian 21-year-old boxer landed a barrage of punches as Demie-Jade had no answers to Nitu’s brilliant attack.
CWG 2022: Amit Panghal clinched the gold medal in flyweight boxing
- Amit Panghal has won a gold medal in the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Amit beat England’s Kiaran MacDonald in the final of the men’s flyweight category, thus winning his first-ever gold medal at the Games.
- This is Amit’s second medal at the Games overall, having won a silver in the previous edition in Gold Coast.
- This is Amit’s seventh major medal (1 silver in World Boxing C’ships, 1 gold in Asian games, 1 gold and 1 silver in CWG, and a gold, a silver, and a bronze each at the Asian Boxing C’ships).
CWG 2022: India won a bronze medal in Women’s Hockey and defeated New Zealand
- India beat New Zealand 2-1 in a shootout to win the bronze medal in women’s hockey at the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022.
- The India women’s hockey team ended their 16-year-long wait for a CWG medal when they defeated New Zealand to win bronze at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in a thrilling finish.
- India had taken the lead in the second quarter courtesy a goal from Salima Tete, but New Zealand made it 1-1 with a penalty stroke with just 17 seconds to go in the match, taking it into the shootout.
6 August – Hiroshima Day
- Hiroshima Day is observed on August 6 every year.
- To commemorate the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, Japan in 1945, at the end of World War II.
- The bombings killed over 200,000 people in just seconds and injured thousands more. The bombing annihilated a large swath of the city, including a school where more than 80% of the children who died were between 6 and 11 years old.
- One year after the bombing, on Aug. 6, 1945, Japanese executive Nagasaki was also hit with an atomic bomb. That day killed about 35,000 people, making it the second deadliest attack in history after Hiroshima.
7 August – National Handloom Day
- In India, National Handloom Day is celebrated every year on the 7th of August.
- Handloom is a symbol of our glorious cultural heritage and an important source of livelihood.
- Ministry of Textiles has organized the 8th National Handloom Day on 7th August 2022.
- In 2015, the Union government declared August 7 as National Handloom Day to commemorate the Swadeshi Andolan that began in 1905 on the same day.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs