Daily GK Update 6th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 6 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India completes arch of world’s highest railway bridge in J&K
- The construction of the arch of the world’s highest railway bridge that soars 359 metres above the bed of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir was completed on 5th April, with the Northern Railways terming the achievement a milestone.
- The 1.3-kilometre-long bridge aims to boost connectivity to the Kashmir Valley and it is being constructed at a cost of ₹ 1,486 crore as part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Railway Link (USBRL) project. READ MORE……..
Govt. approved national Policy for Rare Diseases 2021
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare recently approved the “National Policy for Rare Diseases, 2021”.
- The policy focuses on early screening and prevention of rare diseases. This is to be achieved through Health and Wellness Centres. The screening is to be supported by the Nidhan Kendras set up by Department of Biotechnology.
- Around eight health facilities are to be designated as Centres of Excellence of rare diseases. They will focus on prevention and treatment of rare diseases. These centres are to be provided with a one-time financial support of Rs 5 crores.
- The Government of India has announced a financial support of Rs 20 lakhs under the Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi for treatment of rare diseases. This financial assistance is to be extended to 40% of the population. It is to be noted that the Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi is allocated only to Below Poverty Line people.
SANKALP SE SIDDHI launched by TRIFED
- The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) operating under Ministry of Tribal Affairs recently launched the “SANKALP SE SIDDHI”.
- It is a hundred-day drive. The main aim of the drive is to activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras located in tribal villages. It aims to cover 1,500 villages in India in hundred days.
- Around one hundred and fifty teams have been formed to roll out the drive. These teams will identify the locations for clustering them as TRIFOOOD and SFURTI units.
- TRIFOOD is a joint initiative of Ministry of Food Processing and TRIFED. It was launched in August 2020. The TRIFOOD parks will produce processed foods from minor forest produce and also from the food gathered by the tribal people in that region.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendras: The Van Dhan Vikas Kendras were established under the Van Dhan Yojana. The Government of India provides capacity building training and skill upgradation facilities for the tribal population in these Van Dhan Vikas Kendras.
India hosts First Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors April 6, 2021
- India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually on April 6, 2021. The meeting was jointly Chaired by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and Governor, Reserve Bank of India, Shri. Shaktikanta Das. Participants included Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the BRICS countries.
- As 2021 BRICS Chair, India’s approach is focused on strengthening intra-BRICS cooperation based on Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus.
International (Current Affairs)
Jeff Bezos tops, 35th Forbes’ billionaire list 4th year in a row; Musk takes 2nd spot
- Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list includes a record-breaking 2,755 billionaires, with Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos topping it for the fourth consecutive year
- This year’s billionaires are worth a combined $13.1 trillion, up from $8 trillion last year. Mukesh Ambani of India has become the richest person in Asia, ranked No. 10 and worth an estimated $84.5 billion.
- The U.S. still has more billionaires than any other country, with 724 (up from 614 last year), but China is closing the gap with 698 (including 71 from Hong Kong and 1 from Macao). Last year the U.S. had 614 billionaires and China had 456 (including 66 from Hong Kong and 1 Macao).
- India has the third highest number of billionaires, with 140. Altogether, the 1,149 billionaires from Asia-Pacific countries are worth $4.7 trillion, while the U.S. billionaires are worth a total $4.4 trillion. (For more on the countries with the most billionaires
Top 10 List
Rank 1: Jeff Bezos
- NET WORTH: $177 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: AMAZON
- RESIDENCE: SEATTLE
Rank 2: Elon Musk
- NET WORTH: $151 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: TESLA, SPACEX
- RESIDENCE: AUSTIN, TEXAS
Rank 3: Bernard Arnault
- NET WORTH: $150 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: LUXURY GOODS
- RESIDENCE: PARIS
Rank 4: Bill Gates
- NET WORTH: $124 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: MICROSOFT
- RESIDENCE: MEDINA, WASHINGTON
Rank 5: Mark Zuckerberg
- NET WORTH: $97 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: FACEBOOK
- RESIDENCE: PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA
Rank 6: Warren Buffett
- NET WORTH: $96 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY
- RESIDENCE: OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Rank 7: Larry Ellison
- NET WORTH: $93 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: SOFTWARE
- RESIDENCE: LANAI, HAWAII
Rank 8: Larry Page
- NET WORTH: $91.5 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: GOOGLE
- RESIDENCE: PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA
Rank 9: Sergey Brin
- NET WORTH: $89 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: GOOGLE
- RESIDENCE: LOS ALTOS, CALIFORNIA
Rank 10: Mukesh Ambani
- NET WORTH: $84.5 BILLION
- SOURCE OF WEALTH: DIVERSIFIED
- RESIDENCE: MUMBAI, INDIA
Banking & Financial
IMF raises India’s growth forecast for FY22 to 12.5% from 11.5%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised its projection for India’s economic growth in the current financial year by one percentage point to 12.5 per cent.
- The forecast, published in the IMF’s World Economic Outlook, suggests India would again become the fastest-growing large economy in the world. In fact, India is the only country among major world economies that is projected to grow at a double-digit rate during FY22. China comes closest, with a forecast of 8.4 per cent economic expansion.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –13.5%
- BofA Securities-9%
Ex-Gujarat DGP Shabir Hussein appointed as BCCI anti-corruption unit chief
- Former Gujarat DGP Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala has taken over from Ajit Singh as the head of the BCCI’s Anti-Corruption Unit.
- Singh, a former DGP of Rajasthan, had joined in April 2018 and his term ended on March 31. He has also been a part of the central government’s Lokpal Search Committee, which was mandated to appoint the Lokpal.
Justice NV Ramana appointed as next Chief Justice of India by President
- Justice NV Ramana has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India by President Ram Nath Kovind. He will take oath on April 24. Ramana will serve as the 48th Chief Justice of India till August 26, 2022 — a term of over sixteen months.
- Last month, Chief Justice of India SA Bobde, who is due to retire on April 23, had recommended Justice NV Ramana as his successor.
Note: About Chief Justice of India
- Term length: Until the age of 65
- First Judge: H. J. Kania (1950–1951)
- Salary: ₹280,000/ month
- Constituting instrument: Constitution of India (under Article 124)
DRDO develops Advanced Chaff Technology to safeguard naval ships from missile attack
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an Advanced Chaff Technology to safeguard naval ships against missile attack.
- Chaff is a passive expendable electronic countermeasure technology used worldwide to protect naval ships from enemy’s radar and Radio Frequency (RF) missile seekers. The importance of this development lies in the fact that very less quantity of chaff material deployed in the air acts as decoy to deflect enemy’s missiles for safety of the ships.
- Defence Laboratory Jodhpur, a DRDO laboratory, has indigenously developed three variants of this critical technology — Short Range Chaff Rocket, Medium Range Chaff Rocket and Long Range Chaff Rocket — meeting Indian Navy’s qualitative requirements. The development of Advanced Chaff Technology by DRDO lab is another step towards Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Alfred Aho Won the 2020 ACM Turing Award
- Lawrence Gussman Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Alfred V. Aho has won the 2020 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) A.M. Turing Award, known informally as the “Nobel Prize of computing.” Aho shares the award with his long-time collaborator Jeffrey David Ullman.
- The Turing Award carries a $1 million prize, with financial support provided by Google, Inc. It is named for Alan M. Turing, the British mathematician who articulated the mathematical foundation and limits of computing.
Sumon Chakraborty to receive GD Birla Prize for scientific research
- Sumon Chakraborty is a faculty member at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), the Department of Mechanical Engineering in Kharagpur.
- Professor Suman Chakraborty has been shortlisted for the 30th GD Birla Prize for Scientific Research for his outstanding contribution to the science of engineering and its applications in the development of technologies for affordable healthcare.
Note: About GD Birla Prize
- Established: 1991
- Cash prize: ₹5 lakh
- Contributions: to any branch of science or technology.
6 April: International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- The United Nations celebrates the 6th of April every year as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. Sport has historically played an important role in all societies, be it in the form of competitive sport, physical activity or play.
- Sports also presents a natural partnership for the United Nations (UN) system.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|