Current Affairs 6th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi inaugurated multiple projects worth Rs 18,000 crore at Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- PM Modi has inaugurated and laid foundation stone of multiple projects worth Rs 18,000 crore at Dehradun.
- The 7 projects inaugurated consist of initiatives focusing on making travel safer including 120 MW Vyasi Hydroelectric Project, along with Himalayan Culture Centre in Dehradun.
- The 11 projects for which the foundation has been laid include Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor which will be built at a cost of Rs 8,300 crore. It will have Asia’s largest wildlife elevated corridor (12 kilometers) for unrestricted wildlife movement.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Dehradun – Paonta Sahib (Himachal Pradesh) road project, being constructed at a cost of around Rs 1700 crore.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
IREDA signed an MoU with THDCIL to support Renewable Energy projects
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA), under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy has signed an MoU with the THDC India Limited (THDCIL), to provide financial and technological support to develop renewable energy projects.
- The IREDA has also signed an MoU with Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited (BVFCL), under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers to provide techno-financial expertise to develop RE energy projects and fundraising.
About Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA):
- Founded: 11 March 1987
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director: Pradip Kumar Das
Gujarat became India’s Largest Manufacturing Hub: RBI
- In accordance with the data by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Gujarat has surpassed Maharashtra to become India’s leading manufacturing hub. Its Gross Value Addition (GVA) in manufacturing grew 9% annually between FY12 to FY20 to Rs 5.11 lakh crore.
- In terms of manufacturing, Maharashtra is followed by Tamil Nadu with a GVA of Rs 3.43 lakh crore at 3rd spot, Karnataka (4th) at Rs 2.1 lakh crore, and Uttar Pradesh-UP (5th) at Rs 1.87 lakh crore.
- GVA indicates economic growth in supply of goods and services. It is GDP minus net product taxes.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Banking and Financial
Federal Bank launched ‘Mahila Mitra Plus’, a Feature-Rich Savings Scheme for Women
- Federal Bank, as part of its women empowerment agenda, launched an exclusively feature-rich savings bank product for women named “Mahila Mitra Plus”.
- They provide a set of features for easy financial planning and investments for women. The special features include exclusive preferential interest rates on housing loans, processing fee waiver for home loans, complimentary and customised insurance cover.
About Federal Bank:
- Founded: 23 April 1931 (as Travancore Federal Bank) at Nedumpuram, Thiruvalla, 2 December 1949; 71 years ago (as Federal Bank)
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Appointment and Resignation
Ravindra Jadeja appointed as Brand Ambassador of Kinara Capital
- Bangalore based innovative, fast-growing fintech, Kinara Capital signed the Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja, as its official brand ambassador on the occasion of the company’s 10th anniversary.
- Kinara Capital provide loan service to India’s MSMEs. Till date, Kinara Capital has disbursed 70,000 collateral-free loans.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
- TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav: MC Mary Kom
- Maharashtra COVID vaccination ambassador: Salman Khan
- Century LED’s Magik range: Sourav Ganguly
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
Alka Upadhyaya appointed Chairperson of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Senior bureaucrat Alka Upadhyaya has been appointed as the chairperson of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) as part of a major bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
- Upadhyaya, a 1990-batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, is currently Additional Secretary, Department of Rural Development.
About National Highways Authority of India (NHAI):
- Founded: 1988
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Sanjay Bandopadhyay appointed Chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India
- A major bureaucratic reshuffle took place in the government on 4 December 2021, when several top-ranking bureaucrats were transferred and given different postings by the Central Government.
- Sanjay Bandopadhyay, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, has been named chairman, Inland Waterways Authority of India.
Other appointments are as follow:
|Director General, National Mission for Clean Ganga||G Asok Kumar|
|Central Provident Fund Commissioner, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization||Neelam Shammi Rao
|Director General, National Productivity Council, Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade||Sundeep Kumar Nayak|
|Secretary, Department of Border Management.||Dharmendra S Gangwar|
|Secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Castes||Upma Srivastava|
|Secretary, Central Information Commission||Juthika Patankar|
|Special Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries||Anita Praveen|
|Additional Secretary, Department of Commerce||Amit Yadav|
|Additional Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat||Ashish Srivastava|
|Additional Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology||Amit Agrawal|
|Establishment Officer & Additional Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training||Deepti Umashankar|
|Additional Secretary, Department of Revenue||Vivek Aggarwal|
|Additional Secretary, Department of Telecommunications||Hari Ranjan Rao|
|Joint Secretary, Department of Home, Ministry of Home Affairs||Shyamal Misra|
Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava and 2 others selected for inaugural AMS’s Ciprian Foias Award
- Indian-American Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava nominated for American Mathematical Society (AMS) for the first Ciprian Foias Award in Operator Theory.
- Along with Nikhil Srivastava, who teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, Adam Marcus (Switzerland) and Daniel Spielman (United States) are the other two recipients.
- The $5,000 award has been given for Nikhil Srivastava for his work in developing and introducing techniques to understand the characteristic polynomial of matrices, including the iterative sparsification.
ESAF SFB got Honorable Mention in Best Bank for Women Entrepreneurs at 4th Global SME Finance Awards 2021
- The 4th Global SME Finance Awards 2021, constituted by the United States (US)-based SME Finance Forum, conferred Honorable mention in the Best Bank for Women Entrepreneurs category on the Thrissur, Kerala (India) basedESAF Small Finance Bank (SFB) Limited.
- This acknowledgement is due to the gender equal opportunities provided by SFB through universal financial access, livelihood and economic development including providing microloans to women in unserved and underserved households in India.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank:
- Founded: 2017
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Managing Director and CEO: Kadambelil Paul Thomas
Viktor Axelsen, Tai Tzu Ying named 2021 BWF Male & Female Player of the Year
- Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen and China’s Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying were named Male and Female player of the year 2021 respectively by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- It was the first season-ending award in this category for both Vicktor Axelsen and Tai Tzu Ying — the All England champions of 2020.
- Viktor Axelsen is the Olympic champion and Tai Tzu Ying is the Tokyo Games silver medallist. Viktor Axelsen was rewarded for his extraordinary run starting from the Barcelona Spain Masters in February 2020.
|Most improved player of the Year||Lee Yang and Wang Chi-Lin|
|Pair of the Year||Greysia Polii and Apriyani Rahayu|
|Para Badminton Pair of the Year||Lucas Mazur and Faustine Noel|
|Female Para Badminton Player of the Year||Leani Ratri Oktila|
|Male Para Badminton Player of the Year||Qu Zimo|
|Eddy Choong Most Promising Player||Kunlavut Vitidsarn|
|Special mention||Kevin Cordon|
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen
Book and Author
A new book titled ’1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories’ Released; authored by Rachna Bisht Rawat
- A new book that unearths true stories of the 1971 Indo-Pak war, ’1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories’, written by Rachna Bisht Rawat, was released.
- The book includes, from the story of the flight lieutenant who went missing after his plane crashed inside Pakistan to the ‘last khukri attack’ in modern military history.
6 December: India, Bangladesh celebrated Maitiri Diwas
- India and Bangladesh have decided to celebrate December 6, the day on which India formally recognized Bangladesh, as “Maitri Diwas” (Friendship Day).
- Ten days before the liberation of Bangladesh, India had recognised Bangladesh on6 December 1971. India was one of the first countries to establish bilateral diplomatic ties with Bangladesh.
- The Maitri Diwas is being commemorated in 18 countries around the world apart from Dhaka and Delhi. These countries are Belgium, Canada, Egypt, Indonesia, Russia, Qatar, Singapore, UK, Australia, France, Japan, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, UAE and USA.
6 December: Mahaparinirvan Diwas
- India observes December 6 as Mahaparinirvan Divas every year to mark the death anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, who fought for economic and social empowerment of Dalits in the country.
- On this day each year, millions of people throng to Dr Ambedkar’s Samadhi in Mumbai, which is called Chaitya bhoomi to pay respect to the father of Indian Constitution.
Pulitzer-winning American scholar Martin J Sherwin passed away
- Martin J Sherwin, an American scholar of atomic weapons passed away in Washington, DC, The United States of America.
- He won the 2006 Pulitzer Prize in Biography with Kai Bird for the book ‘American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer’, the first full-scale biography of J. Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs