Current Affairs 6th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi inaugurated & laid foundation stone of developmental projects worth over Rs. 4800 crores in Imphal, Manipur
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, visited the states of Manipur and Tripura. He inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 22 Developmental Projects worth over 4800 crores in Imphal, Manipur.
- In Manipur, the PM inaugurated 13 Projects worth ~Rs 1850 crores and laid the foundation stone of 9 projects worth ~Rs 2950 crore.
- After that, in Agartala, Tripura he inaugurated the New Integrated Terminal Building at Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport and will also launch two key development initiatives viz. Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana and Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
UJALA scheme completed 7 years; over 36 crores 70 lakh LEDs distributed across the country so far
- On 5th January 2022, the Power Ministry successfully completed 7 years of distributing and selling LED lights under its flagship Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) programme.
- UJALA initiative is the world’s largest zero-subsidy domestic lighting programme with more than 36.78 crore LEDs distributed across the country.
- As on 5th January 2022, 47,778 million (~48 billion) kilowatt-hour (kWh) per annum energy has been saved. The demand of 9,565 Megawatt (MW) has been avoided, along with 386 crore tonnes of reduction in CO2 emissions.
World Food Programme & The Akshaya Patra Foundation partnered to enhance PM POSHAN Scheme
- The United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) in India, has partnered with The Akshaya Patra Foundation(TAPF), a not-for-profit organization, to enhance the effectiveness of the Pradhan Mantri – Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) scheme (earlier known as National Programme for Mid-Day Meal in Schools).
- Aim: The partnership aims to enhance food safety and hygiene projects, capacity building of cooks-cum-helpers and nutritional quality of school meals.
- Under this collaboration, WFP and TAPF will share knowledge through workshops and policy and strategy dialogues with the government to enhance the quality of the school meal programme.
About World Food Programme (WFP):
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarter: Rome, Italy
- Executive Director: David Beasley
Antigua and Barbuda joined International Solar Alliance as 102nd member
- The Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda joined the International Solar Alliance (ISA) as the 102nd member by signing the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement, the India-led global green energy initiative.
- The Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, Gaston Browne signed the framework agreement in the presence of Indian High Commissioner Dr K. J. Srinivasa to catalyze global energy transition through a solar-led approach.
- ISA was jointly launched by India and France in 2015 during the 21st session of the United Nations Climate Change COP-21 in Paris, France to promote solar energy.
About Antigua and Barbuda:
- Capital – Saint John’s
- Currency – East Caribbean Dollar
- Prime Minister – Gaston Browne
Banking and Financial
RBI cancelled authorisation certificates of Muthoot Vehicle & Asset Finance, and Eko India Financial Services
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of two Payment System Operators (PSOs), Muthoot Vehicle & Asset Finance, and Eko India Financial Services for non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- The CoA was cancelled by RBI on 31st December 2021, in the exercise of the powers conferred on it under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
About Eko India Financial Services:
- Established: 2006
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana
CryptoWire launched India’s 1st Index of Cryptocurrencies named ‘IC15’
- CryptoWire, a global crypto super app launched India’s first index of cryptocurrencies named ‘IC15’, to empower knowledge on the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem.
- It will monitor the crypto assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance coin, Solana, Cardano, Ripple, Terra, Dogecoin, and Shiba inu.
- CryptoWire’s index governance committee will maintain, monitor and administer the index. Base value of the index is set at 10,000 and base date is 1 April 2018.
- Aim: IC15 Index which is a rule-based broad market index by market capitalization will measure the performance of 15 widely traded liquid cryptocurrencies listed on exchanges across the world.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Jigish Sonagar
Appointment and Resignation
Shafali Verma appointed as Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) appointed Indian Women’s Cricketer Shafali Verma as the Brand Endorser of the bank.
- In 2019, at the age of 15, Shafali became the youngest cricketer to play in a Women’s Twenty20 International match for India. Previously in 2021, Shafali Verma became the 1st Women Cricketer to Hit 3 Sixes in Test Match.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- GUVI, an IIT-M incubated startup: Smriti Mandhana
- 50th year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh: Sanjay Dutt
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
TS Tirumurti assumed new chair of UN Counter-Terrorism Committee
- TS Tirumurti, India’s permanent representative to the United Nations was named the new Chair of the UN Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC).
- Prior to taking up his current position as Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, in May 2020, Tirumurti served as Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, handling the Economic Relations portfolio (which included, inter alia, the Gulf and the Arab World, Africa, and India’s Development Partnership).
- India will chair the Counter-Terrorism Committee of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in January.
About United Nations (UN):
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
Vini Mahajan took charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Vini Mahajanassumed the charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Dept of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Prior to this, she was serving as the Punjab Chief Secretary from 26th June 2020. She also served as Principal Secretary of Department of Medical Education and Research, and Principal Secretary Finance, Punjab.
- She served as Joint Secretary to the Prime Minister of India from 2007-2012, and earlier in 2004-05 as Director in Department of Economic Affairs.
JC Chaudhry achieved first ever Guinness World Record in Numerology
- JC Chaudhry, India’s one of the top numerologists, has achieved the first-ever Guinness World Record in Numerology and the first world record of 2022 by educating about ancient science to around 6000 participants, enthusiasts of numerology joined from the United States, the United Kingdom, Middle East, and India.
- The Guinness World Record London office has opened a new category, “Numerology” for this achievement.
- The initiative was organised by CNPL (Chaudhry Nummero Pvt Ltd) and the Indian Institute of Numerology to create awareness regarding numerology, which is prevalent across ancient cultures like Greece, Egypt, China, Chaldea and India.
South Indian Bank won UiPath Automation Excellence awards 2021
- South Indian Bank (SIB) won the UiPath Automation Excellence Awards 2021 for Best Automation under ‘Crisis for Business Continuity’.
- The 2021 edition of the award recognises contribution of the individuals and organizations across India and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal) for bringing change through transformative automation projects.
|Best Cognitive Automation||EY Global Delivery Services and PricewaterhouseCoopers|
|Best First Time Automation||Teejay and Shapoorji Pallonji and Co.|
|Best Automation Center of Excellence||Reckitt and JSW Global Business Solutions|
|Best Citizen Developer Program||Firstsource Solutions and HP Inc|
|Special UiPath Recognition||JSW Steel Limited and Omega Healthcare|
About South Indian Bank:
- Founded: 29 January 1929
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Murali Ramakrishnan
- Tagline: Experience Next Generation Banking
Bharti Airtel partnered with HCIPL to offer satellite broadband services
- Bharti Airtel Limited and Hughes Communications India Private Limited (HCIPL) have announced joint venture (JV) to provide satellite broadband services in India.
- HCIPL will hold a 67 percent stake in the joint venture, while Airtel will hold a 33 percent.
- HCIPL will combine the Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) business of both companies. The JV has a combined base of over 2 lakh VSATs, making it the largest satellite service operator in India.
About Bharti Airtel:
- Founded: 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: Sunil Bharti
- MD & CEO: Mittal Gopal Vittal
Book and Author
A new book titled “Mamata: Beyond 2021” authored by Jayanta Ghosal
- HarperCollins Publishers India is set to publish a new book titled “Mamata: Beyond 2021”, authored by political journalist Jayanta Ghosal and translated by Arunava Sinha.
- The announcement about the release of the book was made on 5th January 2022, the birthday of Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister (CM) of West Bengal and the leader of the Trinamool Congress (TMC) party.
- The book explores and examines why the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lost the 2021 West Bengal Election.
6 January: World Day of War Orphans
- World Day of War Orphans is observed on 6 January every year to create awareness about the plight of children who have lost their parents due to conflict.
- World Day of War Orphans was started by the French organisation SOS Enfants en Detresses, which aimed to help children affected by conflict.
Padma Shri awardee social worker Sindhutai Sapkal passed away
- Renowned social worker and Padma Shri recipientSindhutai Sapkal passed away at the age of 74 years in Pune, Maharashtra.
- She was popularly known as the ‘mother of orphaned children’. ‘Maai’ or Sindhutai Sapkal has adopted around 1,500 children and founded the orphanage ‘Sanmati Bal Niketan Sanstha’.
- A biographical movie was made on her in Marathi titled‘Mee Sindhutai Sapkal’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs