Daily GK Update 6 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 6th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Odisha Govt. announces Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Odisha government has announced Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana for journalists. Odisha has declared the journalists as frontline Covid warriors. It will benet more than 6500 journalists of the state.
- Under the Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana, a health insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh will be provided to each Journalist.
- Under the scheme, financial assistance of Rs 15 lakh will be provided to the families of journalists who died from COVID-19 while performing duty.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Banking and Financial
LIC 10th most-valuable insurance brand, third-strongest globally
- State-owned insurance giant Life Insurance Corporation has emerged as the strongest and the tenth most valuable insurance brand globally. According to a report by London-based consultancy firm Brand Finance.
- The top 10 are dominated mostly by Chinese insurance companies. The US has two companies, while France, Germany and India have one each.
Most valuable insurance companies
- Rank 1: PingAn Insurance of China-$44 billion
- Rank 2: China Life Insurance-$22 billion
- Rank 3: Germany’s Allianz with $20 billion.
- Rank 10: LIC with $8.65 billion.
Strongest insurance brands
- Rank 1: Italy’s Poste Italiane
- Rank 2: Spain’s Mapfre
- Rank 3: India’s LIC.
Vijay Goel appointed as CMD of THDCIL
- THDC India Ltd has announced that Vijay Goel assumed as chairman and managing director.
- His appointment will come into effect from May 1, 2021. THDC India Limited, is an Indian electricity utility company and a wholly owned subsidiary of National Thermal Power Corporation.
Note: About THDCIL
- Founded: 12 July 1988
- Headquarters : Rishikesh
Book & Author
Meghan Markle Children’s Book ‘The Bench’ released
- The Bench, Meghan Markle’s first children’s book that’s set for publication on June 8, was inspired by “the special bond” husband Prince Harry and son Archie.
- The book, with watercolor illustrations by Christian Robinson, began as a poem that Markle says she wrote for Harry on the first Father’s Day after Archie was born.
06 May: International No Diet Day
- International No Diet Day is observed on May 6, and its symbol is a light blue ribbon. It is an annual celebration of body acceptance, including fat acceptance and body shape diversity.
- The day is dedicated to promoting a healthy lifestyle with a focus on health at any size and in raising awareness of the potential dangers of dieting and the unlikelihood of success.
Rashtriya Lok Dal chief and former Union minister Ajit Singh paassed away
- Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) chief and former Union minister Chaudhary Ajit Singh died on 6th May. He was 82. Ajit Singh had tested positive for the novel coronavirus on April 20.
- The son of former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Chaudhary Ajit Singh was a seven-time MP from Baghpat. He also served as the Union Minister of Civil Aviation.
Former Head of Mar Thoma Church Dr Philipose Mar Chrysostom Passes Away
- Former head of the Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church and the longest-serving bishop in India Dr Philipose Mar Chrysostom died due to age-related ailments on 5th May.
- He is credited with implementing and formulating many projects to improve the social, economic and cultural condition of the poor and deprived awarded Padma Bhushan in 2018.
Actress Abhilasha Patil passes away due to Covid complications
- Actress Abhilasha Patil, who featured in films like ‘Good Newwz’, ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ and ‘Chhichhore’, passed away due to Covid-19 complications. She was in her early 40s.
- Apart from Bollywood movies, Patil also appeared in Marathi films such as ‘Te Aath Diwas’, Bayko Deta Ka Bayko’, ‘Prawaas’, ‘Pipsi’ and ‘Tujha Majha Arrange Marriage’.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|